RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Minni/Sarah - I don't know how hard it is, but we now have 2x RW forum six sub 3:30 threads. Could sarah's new thread name be changed to incl 2013 maybeimage

• AA: I don't log mileage either, the only year I did was 2000 when I was 50 and I set myself the target of doing 2000 miles on foot, 2.000 miles on the bike and 2,000 lengths of the pool, with 50 length swim, 50 mile bike ride, 50km run and 50 mile run the last four within the fortnight round my birthday.  Was well over on running and biking but only just managed the swimming.  That was a year with no bike tour and no marathon so I can only assume I regularly do over 2,000 miles??

10 miles for me today, 1 mile w-up, 4 miles B target MP, 4 miles A target MP and 1 mile cool down.  Taking it easy now in preparation for the post Christmas racing glut.  Plenty of puddle dodging here with more heavy rain forcast for tomorrow and Boxing Day evening image

KFC: Lets fasten our helmets and take off somewhere.........................

Sarah:  you also need to develop the art of being able to forget any potentially embarassing events image

DD: We are going to buy you a forum pair of wellies for when you return.........

• KFC- sounds like a well deserved rest- enjoy!

Chick- some extreme weather conditions... hope it improves for you soon.  Hate it when weather interferes with my running.image

I agree with Simon- I'm getting confused with 2x sub 3.30 threads. 

7 muddy miles for me today @ 8:20. Mara training starts tomorrow with an 18 miler.image

• Minni- sounds like we have a similar start then tomorrow.image

• kfc yes I'll be doing Northumberland HM although I'm not yet entered.

15 miles done this morning with some of the running club (I'm liking this being in a running club!)  Hilly, very windy, but a beautiful day and lovely views once we got the the top of each hill. 

I'm on 1996 miles so far this year with just over a week to go.

I'm also a bit confused by the two threads, it doesn't take much with me image

Another night out planned tonight image

• cheeky 6 mile progressive run with last mile in 6.53mm

Worryingly the faster stuff felt more comfortable than the warm up miles :S

Lots of long slow miles are what's needed here :/

I'm loving the hive of excitement that the forums at present

The RW 6 are in good hands!
  • Just worked out my mileage so far this year as 1,171 a lot of weeks in the 25-35mile range and peak in March of 54 prior to VLM. Probably lost 200 or more miles due to the stroke and recent cross training for my move to the dark side. 2011 was only 1,015 no excuses then just lazyimage.

Minni - Sorry I don't think I'm going to be in for Jantastic, I'm still trying to get back into consistent training and focus is on bike and swim at the moment as I'm happy I can plod a marathon if I have to in Sep.

How does the forum 6 thing work, who picks the winners and how are they paired with the mentors?

Sarah - Well done for getting through, I can wait to see what Minni has in store for you. She is a great motivator and I'm sure the rest of this forum will help her and you.

Hour in the pool for me this morning, 1 hour run planned for tomorrow, was hoping of road but so wet I think it will have to be on the pavements.

Merry Christmas to everyone one, I know its a bit early but not sure if I'll get on for a few days and other people may be busy to. imageimageimage

• Congratulations Sarah on winning the Forum 6. Excellent news........it'll be interesting to see what similarities/ differences we have between our two training schedules. I'll certainly be following you with interest. Congrats again! image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Quick visit

Sarah - well done you're in good hands with Minni. Suggest you find a local Bargain Booze though

ST- an hour in the pool - that's commitment. I'm hoping Jantastic won't be a distraction

Simon- I'm confused enough with age so anything to differentiate the threads is good

MrZ-, long and slow is the way to do it. I find the slow stuff hurts more

Bro- you seem to enjoy the mud

Chick - looking at the conditions you have to endure I'm glad I'm in England and its pretty sh@t here

Minni- a xmas eve LR is real committment

Didn't think I'd get a run in today but got bored watching Man U so got out in that gale to see where I ended up. Kept going and did 16 miles at 7.54 mm. 66 for the week. 16 more and I've done 2000. How sad is it to be driven by an irrelevant target.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Nice target to have though 2old.

Barry - are you ready for Homeland?

ST - did you see the forum 6 pitching thread? After the closing date kittenkat and melds arrange for the pitches to be judged by someone not connected to the forum and the winning ones are matched to mentors. I knew I was going to mentor but didn't know who until the thread went up. There were a few who would have been ideal mentees and I wasn't disappointed to be drawn with Sarah!

Quite looking forward to be 18m in the morning and it looks like I'll have the company of 3 or 4 others. Great way to start Christmas. image
  • ST - Merry Chrimbo, I bet you didn't think you'd be training this much before Christmas after you had the stroke. Great to see you on the recovery road.

2old- Yet another fast 16miler, but don't you need to do 2012m this year?

Bro/Minni - Enjoy your lsr's tomorrow

Minni - Who were the other forum six winners/mentors btw?
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Simon - check through the threads to see them. Of course Spoons is in there. image
  • Minni - Ready, just opened bottle of red.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    image I'm on the sofa with a blanket and two labs!
  • I'm in the sofa with a beer. Just the one though....

• Merry Christmas ST and everyone else.

Thankyou ST, Ady and 2old. I really do feel that I've been extremely lucky to 1, have been chosen and 2, have Minni mentoring me. I'm just so happy that Minni is just as happy to be mentoring me too!

Did a 7 mile progressive run today, thoroughly enjoyed it and managed to escape a hangover!

Simon, I will see if there is someone we can contact to amend the thread to add in 2013.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Simon- 2012- now that's taking numbers for numbers sake too far....maybe.

Sarah- think you'll be teaching us a thing or two. Typical you don't even get a hangover. Good 7 miler .

Minni - are you starting your LR in the dark? I finished my run today in the dark. Felt a bit vulnerable when the pavements disappeared. Had to dodge a few ponds that had formed on the side of the road from yesterdays rain especially when cars ploughed through them creating a huge tsunami.

Are we going to be jumping to and from the other 3.30 thread? Maybe a merger is on the cards ...or a hostile takeover?
  • 2old, I promise you I'm not normally as lucky....I've had a few awful hangovers in my time!

Sounds like youve had more of an adventure/obstacle run than a training run.....sounds like training for next years rat race!!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    2old - I know it's a bit complicated but I think it's important for Sarah to have her own thread to develop based around her training rather than our drinking! I'm sure everyone will pop in and support her but I think there'll be others out there who perhaps feel slightly uncomfortable about joining our thread because we've been going for so long and this will give them a chance to be in a sub 3:30 from the start.
  • Just popping in to say hello and to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and New Year.

I have been away visiting family since Wednesday and have been naughty and not ran for the last 3 daysimage Will get back on track tomorrow before our 10 guests arrive(Will be staying for 4 days!).

I'm looking forward to Jantastic, knowing that if I don't go for a run Minni will be shouting at me which should be enough to get me out thereimage

Is anyone racing between now and the new year?

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Blimey Barry did you see that coming?
  • Minni - Thanks, I was only curious re other forum six, but I'm a lazy b*stard, and that's too much hard work lol.

O4S/Kfc - Dont set off too soon on your RtW trip, if my euro millions tkt comes up on Christmas day I'll be joining you.

Gazelle - 10 guests for 4days, you'll need a holiday after that!
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Minni- dead right about Keeping separate threads but we can always pull your leg about it here after stalking you there ...who said I drink....I'll sue.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Simon- I'm lazy and can't multi task so I'm going to have problems looking at two threads. Sorry the lottery is mine .
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Haha if we fall out we can come here for mediation!
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Gazelle- that gang staying should drive you out for a run if nothing else.

Minni - cant see you wanting to mediate somehow. Good old fashioned dispute resolution will be your way.
  • 2old - Don't worry, I'll drop some champers off for you in my 'Roller' on my way thru Ormskirk, if the chaffeur knows where it is! Hehe.

It'll be just like living in DD's world.
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    O4S, Simon - I'm game if you are, let's go walkabout!

Minni, Carrot - entered Northumberland with 2 newcastle based friends who are training for edinburgh. See you there if you can wait long enough for us to finish image

Gazelle - re racing, am in manchester for hogmanay and just scoped out that the nearest parkrun to where ill be has a run on the 29th and the 1st - hope to make it to at least one of those!

Just been to the pub with a friend to give her a tailored tried and trusted just get round training schedule for the edinburgh marathon - training continues tomorrow with some mountain biking, followed by karaoke... image
  • Morning

Yep two 3-30 threads is confusing and I don;t have time to read two, so your safe Minni I won't be over there to make sure your talking sense, which of course you will be having been mentored by me image

Simon: I know its such a drag when the chauffeur can't find an address, I did actually have a driver for a year when i worked in Abu Dhabi but lived in Dubai, sadly when that contract ended i had to start driving myself again. 

Cycled long before dawn on a cool foggy morning, another 90 mins in the bank, will run at lunchtime as not doing club night on Christmas eve.

Happy Christmas to you allimage

• So basically Minni can say whatever rubbish she likes as no one will be reading it anyway..... image