Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 5

Comments

• Options
    Going to club tonight.  Don't really want to but thought I should show my face for once!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kaz - club will be better in a few weeks time when we can fun off road.
  • Options

Get lost even more when we're offroad!!

Absolutely shattered.  Did 1st mile with Al and Rosie, then rest with Battlecat.  Fastest 10k in nearly 2 years - 55.01.  Honestly still feel sick!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kaz - I haven't fun that fast for at 10k for 2 years. After VLM I will be doing intervals.

I would feel sick too. Bet Rose didn't break into a sweat.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Blummin' 'eck. That's a bit sharpish, Kaz. Well done.

I did my 8 x 0.5 mile intervals in the local park to get some hills. All reps were under 8min miles and I even got one downhill one under 7mmimage

TBH it was a bit quick - I didn't plan to do them that fast but got carried away with the fun. I shall be a bit more disciplined next time.

• Options

Nice one XB image

Tbh I had no intention of running at that pace - set off with the faster lot and fully expected to end up on my own lagging behind

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

I wrote myself a plan that I thought would work and prepare me for Stratford and I should stick to it and not risk injury.

But it was fun in the sun.

I've got a 7 mile tempo planned for Friday. I shall do what it says on my spreadsheet.

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Tempo doneimage It was tough so didn't really enjoy it. But it's done.

So what plans do you have for the weekend? Are you going running in your undergarments, Kaz? Are you looking towards a gentle taper <crosses fingers> or are you going long to enjoy the nice weather?

What about you, Tracey?

I've got a 10 miler planned for Sunday and a curry for this evening. I'm hoping to persuade the family to get on their bikes and join me for a gentle pedal around the local lanes.

• Options

Don't intend to do much this weekend XB.  Maybe 5 tomorrow and up to a half on Sunday.  May decide to do Paddock Wood half but only if I can get heaps done tomorrow!!

Curry sounds good.  Suspect I'll have to wait till after Monday (ie pay day) for one of those!!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    XB - am doing Paddock Wood half on Sunday.

Kaz - Roobs is doing Paddock Wood on Sunday if you want to share a car.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Have a great race, Trace

And good luck with whatever you decide, Kaz.

• Options

Hope Paddock Wood went well T.

Looks like you had a good run today XB.

Surprise, surprise I did a bit more than planned in the end image

Did 5.31, relatively easy yesterday.  Today I planned 12/13 but I ran with Mel, who always makes me run faster than I do on my own!  Ended up doing 14.25 in total, just under 11 with Mel.  2.20.58 for the run.  Thing was it didn't feel too fast though tbf I couldn't have kept that pace up for 26 miles!!  Just a really enjoyable run, legs felt fine, no particular chafing/blistering and the niggly bits didn't niggle.  Legs feel great at the mo - I don't feel to bad either image

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Blimey, Kaz. You really do seem to be reaping the rewards of some quality streaking. I thought I'd got some speed into my long run today and you go further and faster.

I hope you're going to remember how good it felt today and keep that feeling in a bottle and let it out next time you're having a bad run.

And wrap yourself in cotton wool now until Brighton. 

• Options

It's what comes with running with someone who's a fair bit faster than you!  What really pleased me was that I didn't drop the pace majorly over the last 3 miles or so when I was on my own.

I know that my 'bad head' is my biggest enemy, unfortunately a lifetime of self esteem issues is hard to conquer.

I must say I quite like the idea of trying to find the 16 miles I need this week in order to hit the 500 mark by the end of the first quarter but other than that there won't be much of owt going on between now and Brighton, apart from Sussex of course!

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

"Apart from Sussex of course". What are you like?

Go for the 16 miles. You've earned the 500. But do it slowly. Or else.

Mr Low Esteem needs to wind his neck in. You've had such a cracking 4 months that he needs to take a jump.

• Options

Well I can't do much about Sussex - and it would have been worse if I'd not dropped Crawley!  From what I've heard of the course it's going to be a long day so I can't see there's any chance I'll be tanking that one!!

16 miles in 4 days - does seem a little churlish not to go for it. 

I'm liking the Mr Low Esteem!  Given my lack of luck on the romance front is a big part of the issue it seems apt it should be masculine image

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Kaz - well done on your speedy run with Mel.

Had an enjoyable race with Roobs yesterday. Help drag her round it. She nearly cord on me as she got a season best.
  • Options

Nice one T, sounds like you both had a good race.

6 miles tonight (and first fully light evening run image) so 10 miles in 3 runs to get the 500 image

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Well run, Trace. Sounds like a nice day out.

Excellent, Kaz. It was lovely to see it was still light when I brought the girls home from swimming.

I've got hills planned for tomorrow. I'll probably do a few laps of the park taking in the biggest ups and gentlest downs.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kaz - well done on getting closer to 500 miles.

XB - good luck with your hill work tomorrow.

I will run tomorrow, but don't know how far yet.
  • Options

Morning

Have a good run both of you.

I did a slow couple of miles this morning.  Swear I didn't wake up - in fact even post shower I don't think I've woken up yet!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Well done Kaz.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Went to the club and ran with Tony, Karen, Julie and Paul. Only 2 miles but a good little recovery run.
  • Options
    Nice one T.  Had planned to go but running this morning seemed to make more sense for me
  • Options

I'm positively bouncing off the walls at the mo with energy/excitement/nerves etc!!  Don't know what's come over me!! image

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

Not enough alcohol. Probably. Keep a lid on it though then let it blast you right round Brighton.

I'm the opposite. I'm taking a bit of a rest to try and shake of a calf niggle. I don't notice it when I'm running but it's making me walk like a little old lady when I get up from my chair.

• Options
    Ah yes I have a niggly calf too.  Not bothering me overly though
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

I'm off to Edinburgh for the weekend after work tonight so I'm going to miss the first of the Madness that is your Spring mara campaign, Kaz.

I hope it's a grand day out and that it leaves you invigorated and bursting with confidence ready for Brighton.

imageimageimageGO GO GO KAZ KAZ KAZimageimageimage

• Options

Ta XB.  I'm expecting Sunday to be a long old day!!

Hit the 500 mark this morning image.  Targets are being re-assessed as I type!

Hope you have a fab weekend in Embra.  Love it up there.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kaz - am not a streaked but when out and did 5k with Bernard to make my minimummonthly mileage of 80 miles.

5k done in 30:04.