Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Comments

• Options

Had a few days away in Devon.  Went swimming in the hotel pool which took me 6 strokes in the summer and yesterday that was down to 4.  Woohoo. Didn't manage  a run but had a couple of brisk longish walks so I haven't been lazy. Bike ride tomorrow.   And I bought one of those calender thingies with space for 5 people but mine is headed up Swim; Bike; Run; Plan Total; Total done. image

*waves to Schmunks*

• Options
    24 mile ride done with a bit of an adventure on a new route with my Edge 800.  Didn't have a clue where I was at one stage so just had to trust the gadget which I'm pleased worked and that the batteries didn't go flat. Good news is I'm not tired and kept to a low heart rate.  Bad news is it was really slow at 13mph average so its a good job theres plenty of time to get a bit faster. image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    *still lurking and looking forward to reading about Soup's journey to Outlaw 2012 image*

Me too image

I did a Christmas Pudding 10 miler today with Far Far, well I saw her at the start and finish !!

I've had a horrible cold for the last few days so very nearly dropped out but as it was a two lap course I gave myself the option of bailing after 5 miles......but I didn't image came in at 1:44.    3minutes slower than a couple of years ago, but so pleased considering how I've been feelingimage full report in the WAISTer loungeimage

• Options

Well run Spence. 

Thanks for people's interest in my Outlaw training.  It will spur me on when things get tough.  As a slow, non-athletic slightly older person, I hope I can inspire someone else to take the journey another time. image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
     "Inspire someone !?"   er...blimey you're on your own mate, you is proper bonkers image
  • Options

Bonkers maybe but she isn't on her own - there are 92 pirates signed up - nearly 10% of the field imageimage and not all are super expert speedsters imageimage

T'will be one heck of a party imageimage

• Options
    Many Podds a Prancing wrote (see)

Bonkers maybe but she isn't on her own - there are 92 pirates signed up - nearly 10% of the field imageimage and not all are super expert speedsters imageimage

T'will be one heck of a party imageimage

Spence - you should know by now that resistance is futile. 

• Options
    Spence wrote (see)

I thought I'd do IM Lanza next year. image

edit - <runs away> image

• Options

I've run home from work.  5 miles at a low heart rate at a steady 142 so well within aerobic zone.  Turned out at 13.5min/miles so very slow but I don't mind that.  It felt good to be out there. image

Left my bike at work so got to run back again in the morning. image

• Options

4 strokes??? Please don't tell me it was a 25m pool! LOL!

I have commenced my Outlaw trainin, with my first snot rocket off the bike! Yay, go me!

Did a nice little x country 10k on Sunday, diked and did kettle bells yesterday.

13mph is a good place to start, Soupy. And I do hope you meant to leave your bike to work?? image

• Options

50m pool Min! image Narrrr - not really, one of those tiny little hotel pools but perfect for TI drills.

I only ran as far as the post sorting office this morning - about a mile.  Picked up my SS pressie which was a bit too big to carry on running with so I got the bus.  Best excuse ever - and yes I did mean to leave my bike (it was taken indoors nice and safe). Should be doing a swim but got to the pool and couldn't get in. Turns out my  membership fee bounced last week which is probably something to do with Outlaw entry earlier than I'd planned. Ooops! image  So not a brilliant day training wise.  I'm keeping a diary of what I should have done, what I actually did with why I missed a session or how much I enjoyed the ones I do. So now I'm sat wondering if I should write why I didn't swim or pick up my credit card and go back to the pool.

Hows your training going Podds?

• Options

Hahaha - took me a minute to figure out what I meant too! Biked. I biked. Not diked. Which I believe would be a completely different style of riding...

I think, Soupy, that in this first month/Xmas, it's ok to miss a bit and not stress it - making a note of what you enjoyed and why is a great idea though, and later on when you are having the CBA/Hate days, those notes will be fabuous to look back on.

• Options
    IronM.in(ce pies) wrote (see)

Hahaha - took me a minute to figure out what I meant too! Biked. I biked. Not diked. Which I believe would be a completely different style of riding... 

image image

Turkey Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Hows your training going Podds?

Errr training ? image

Well I had sorted of got back into the habit of at least doing something regularly and was feeling slightly pleased with myself and then I came down with this dreadful flu-ey head cold that's doing the rounds in this area and for 10 days I would have been happy if someone had taken me out into the woods and shot me as I could barely muster the energy to get to work and back......

Started back some gentle training last week and a bit more this week but with Chrimbo and travelling and partying.................and the fact that I'm a lazy so and so (!) it's difficult to get back into it

Also after the struggle to lose the weight I did this year given my food issues I put over half a stone back on in the 2 weeks I wasn't training which hasn't helped my "head" plus I'm stressing about fitting in the training re full time work even though I know zillions of people do exactly that!!!

Bet you wish you hadn't asked now don't you !! image

However I'm a stubborn bird and I will do this even if it kills me which my mother seems to think is the most likely outcome !!

• Options
    One step at a time, Podds. You'll get there. image
  • Options

I think I'm going to have to be realistic and admit that proper training isn't going to happen till I finish this job next Friday.  I've had another hell day, my colleague is off for the whole week again (she was off the other week too) so I have her urgent work to cover as well as my own.  So I was late leaving as usual today and I just want to flop down with a big glass of wine (or 2) (or 3). I biked the long way round to work  so I'm doing something but I missed a swim.  My aim till after Christmas is to just do the get round schedule then increase to the intermediate.

edited to take out a rant about work.

• Options
    Sorry ((((Podds))). Give yourself some recovery time and we'll both kick off the New Year with some more structured training. We can do this. 
  • Options
    IronM.in(ce pies) wrote (see)

and later on when you are having the CBA/Hate days, those notes will be fabuous to look back on.

Doing that really helped me Soup, especially when you can go back and compare your performance on a particular route to see how far you'd come. I had that and the 'Start line' verse you posted last year stuck up somewhere visible  Then again, I didn't even get to the start line so I should shut up. image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Turkey Soup Dragon wrote (see)
    Spence wrote (see)

I thought I'd do IM Lanza next year. image

edit - <runs away> image

• Options

Ninja - I've still got that start line verse. Its a bit cheesy but it hits the spot for me, although i keep it hidden away till things start getting tough and/or the tapirs are let loose.

I've also realised why I might be struggling a bit and thats SAD. Used to suffer a lot but been okay the last couple of years which I suspect is due to me finishing at 2:30 and getting out in the daylight.  Its dark when I set off and come home with the hours I'm doing now and I have to admit I feel like sh*t. I did have a daylight lamp which I might have to dig out for the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    oops - I've just been caught out by Spence. image image
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I don't know, don't come in for a couple of days & I'm doing an IM!! image

I haven't done anything all week image

I suffer this time of year too Soupy, not nice is it image

• Options

Weather aside, that job alone sounds like it's sucking the life out of you. You'll get back into your consistent consistency. Just remember you are human in the meantime. image

• Options

I vote Spence or Helen to make a pitch for this year's forum 6 thingie.  image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    You what thingie!? image
  • Options

this thingie. Same as this thread started off as

Honestly, don't you and Medly talk to each other? image

And I've changed my mind - it should be Spence AND Helen making a pitch. image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Oh of course.......not sure I can be arsed!!

but don't tell the Mouldy  one that image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    every time I click that link my 'puter crashes!
  • Options

Hey Soupy

You'll do fine as you'll have the time to train after the hols

I know I'm capable of doing it physically and psychologically but I also know that I will not have anywhere near enough training time due to the job..........especially as the busiest 6 months are Jan to June !!

The dark is miserable making and I'm another SADs person - dark when I walk the dogs, dark when I come to work, dark when I leave work, dark when I walk the dogs again.........what chance of getting out to train at all let alone with enthusiasm!!

Time to open some wine and choccies I feel image