RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Comments

• Now, just hold on a mo! This pizza isn't like shirts at the end of the race, is it? You know, fastest finishers get in and nab all the well fitting sizes, leaving us slowcoaches with the dregs?

*wonders quite how fast she could run 20 miles*

Is Ashby 2 laps?

*wonders about plodding 10 and heading straight to pizza image*

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

yes, it's 2 lapsimage

5:5 miles todayimage for me and my dawgimage

• Morning all.  Just a quick catch-up.  I did a rubbish run on Tuesday from work.  Bliddy hard work it was and only 5 miles, one of those that don't work.  Had a rest yesterday instead of another run and then an evening TI session in the endless pool.  I just love my TI sessions.  An hour on the bike planned today so it will be the long way home from work or a turbo top-up.

<wonders if Ashby is too far to go for a 1 lap 10 mile plod and a bit of a forum get together pizza.  I don't want to do 20 but 10 is perfect.  hmmmmmmm>

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Sounds like a plan Soupyimage

Shame about your runimage

I did 6 yesterday, round & round a very muddy park!! DD loved it !image

• Evening. image I'm tired but in a really good way.  Had a lovely 40 mile bike ride today with Podds (and a few others) on another classic Dustboy Special.  I have so much to thank DB for in terms of cycling.  He can really put a good route together and he's very encouraging to those of us at the back.  Only averaged 13mph even though I was struggling to keep up in places but 40 miles is 40 miles.  I had another go on my tri bars which still felt really wobbly.  I hadn't realised that I was saying"whoah,whoa, whoah out loud! I'll get down to the track I think for a few goes. image

On Friday I did my long run of 90mins. It was hard work and I nearly gave in but slowed it right down and did the job. A slow 13.5min/miles. 

So end of week 7 and I've missed just one run but done more biking than the plan says. That will do me.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

well done Soupy image

I did 10 on Saturday my hands were frozen, even with gloves image

• Well done Soupy - nice bit of biking there, resplendant in yellow. I couldn't be a pirate, yellow just completely washes me out image and that's just one of the reasons!

I had a lovely run yesterday, started with gloves on, but shed them ~ half way. They ended tucked in my bra, yet another reason I'll never look stylish when running. ~19 miles for me (should have been 18, but I managed to turn garmin off accidentally and not notice immediately image). lovely weather to be out - I think clear and frosty is my favourite running weather. Had an early night last night, heading for the same tonight!

• Soup Dragon  wrote (see)

I had another go on my tri bars which still felt really wobbly.  I hadn't realised that I was saying"whoah,whoa, whoah out loud! 

You most certainly were Soupy ! image

When Dustboy said you sounded like an air raid siren winding up I did wonder if he was exaggerating......................he wasn't!!!! image

But seriously well done for giving them a try - as you say it's a whole new learning to ride a bike again experience......

Good running there HL and impressive mileage.... image

A bit image myself too so off to bed early tonight - several broken nights recently on top of the increased training load and a very heavy working week last week with several late nights have all taken their toll............and I'm no spring chicken these days!!

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Mighty impressive sounding training going on and some serious mileage.

It appears I may have a bit of catching up to do! Did manage 11 yesterday and that's what it says on the plan. Helen Liz - you doing VLM? You're going to storm it if you're up to 19 already
  • I'm doing Brighton, so a week before VLM. I went with an 18 week plan, then added 2 weeks for contingency, so I seem to be a bit ahead of lots of people in terms of mileage. Plan has alternating long runs of 20 & 15 for the next 10 weeks. I have to say that at the end of that run I did feel that this might be achievable.

Have fun out in the cold, wrap up warm.

• Crumbs HL - that sounds like a lot of 20 milers (but then I am very lazy image)........ which plan are you using?

Morning DL - you're doing good girl considering all the stresses before CHristmas and that silly job of yours....

• I'm using Shades' 4 runs a week plan. It is somewhat mileage heavy compared to a lot of beginner/slowcoach type plans. But I felt I wanted something that started at the level I was at, then ramped up easily, but included lots of long runs. No speed work either. Includes runs at MP and tempo runs, but no intervals or reps (which I'd probably never do on my own anyway!)

Anyway, better scarper (should be workingimage)

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I have intervalled image I actually enjoy them nowimage all over quicker image

werll done DL, on track for Ashby image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

oooh oooh have you heard?

Have you?

HAVE YOU HEARD !!??

DL is on the list for Ashby image image image imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Are we about to be replaced by a shiny new thread? Even my entering Ashby's not enough to stop progress !
  • You lot are sooooooooo last year    image
  • <hands forum 6 hat back to new team>

I hope our new sixers have as much fun as I have.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh no where is everybody image
  • I'm still here Spence.  image  I haven't switched the light off yet, just been a bit busy this week.   I've not entered Ashby yet but probably will if I can negotiate getting the car.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

That's good image

My plans for Ashby might have changed a little, my friend J has said I should go for a PB and not worry about us all staying together image I'm not sure, I would like to put my new regime 4/30 to the test, so I might just go for it......having said that I wont be on my own as Far Far has said she'll come with me image see how it all feels on the day image 

• Well I think you should go for it Spence.  Your running has become really consistent and you are doing so well it would be good to give yourself a real test. I've never done a race with other people, apart from starting off together and meeting up at the end.  I llike to go at my own pace, be it taking it easy or going for a pb. I prefer it that way.

For some reason my running has gone absolutely rubbish.  A 2 hour run on Sunday took me the total of 8.2 miles. I'm not too worried I'm sure it will come back and if it doesn't well I'll still go out and run anyway.  Running to time not miles is great.  On Sunday instead of sticking to the usual perimeter path at Bushy Park I went round the restored water garden and then doubled back to run round the ponds. It was great, just made it up as I went along.  image 

• Hurrah - another Ashby-ite. image Soupy, if you could get somewhere near by train, I could pick you up & we could go the rest of the way together (assuming you can deal with my driving) Message me on FB and we can discuss if that's any help to you.

Can I come for pizza - really, I'll plan to drive myself up and everything. I'm housetrained (sort of) and like pizza a lot. image 

• That sounds like a plan Helen.  Let me look at the diary.  I would only be doing one lap - I'm not up to 20 miles, it would take me all day with them hills. image I could cheer the rest of you in at the end though, providing you don't beat me lol!! image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

I keep forgetting about the hills!!image

I've been very lucky in that Far Far & XB have sacrificed their times to get me round my maras & Ashbyimage Far Far & I have done other distances together but it's been a case of see her on the start line and then watch her butt disappear from view !!image

• *sticks fingers in ears*

nooo, I don't want to know about hills!!!!! image Had enough of them Sunday. image

• Soupy - might need to get a shift on, see here: linky thing.
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    8 miles d&d image av pace 10:44 really pleased as I was run/walking my new 4/30 combo image
  • 10 miles, 5 easy (1:01:06), 5 at MP (54:35) image Felt gooooood out there.

Although I have got it into my head that MP is much faster than Easy, so the first half mile MP was down in the 10:30s, rather than over 11, where it ought to be.