RW Forum Six - Sub 5.30

Comments

• Podds - I have a similar useful stress tactic. When I go to the bottle bank with my empties I name each bottle with a thing or person who is bothering me and slam it into the bank as hard as I can so it smashes.  I think i might have to have a bottle of wine tonight to give me an empty to dump. image

Day survived.  The bitch has suggested we meet weekly for the next 3 months to resolve our working relationship. She then asked me to sign a blank occupational health referral form to say she will fill in the details later.  My signature was to agree to the referral and where the information goes and to confirm that it had been discussed with me so no way was I going to sign it blank. She has no idea.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Blimey, how did she get the job in the first place Soupy!!?

I'm very lucky with my job and the folks I work with.

12 x 200m for me todayimage

• I like your stress relief Soupy image

Only problem if I were to try it is that I don't drink enough to cope with all the people who annoy me................ image

• Better get drinking then Podds. image
  • Don't think I could ever drink enough for that Soupy..........but if the only other alternative is to develop tolerance and love for my fellow man.........

<shudders>

<looks distinctly peaky>

<decides to go home via the offie>

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmm Pizza or Plodders? Anyone remember the chips or daddy? advert?

Whilst I'm sure you're all sparkling, witty, wonderful human beings there are easier ways to meet people than dragging myself around 20 miles worth of hills for the pleasure of your company - the pizza wins every time image

Hope the stressy bits are lessy
  • Morning.

Wise and true words again from DL .image  Especially the bit about us all being sparkling, witty, wonderful. image 

The stressy bits though are worser. I'm signed off for 2 weeks with stress at work.  I had a breakdown at work on Tuesday, had a complete panic attack with the room seeming to be caving in on me and finished up sobbing uncontrollably at my desk. This was triggered by my lovely boss coming in and announcing in front of everyone that I still had to do all the extra work and that it had to be done timely. A switch sort of clicked and I lost it. image   Yesterday I felt pretty sh*t and tired but managed to drag myself out for a TI endless pool session (too expensive to miss) and I loved it which has perked me up a lot. And I'm able to share this now which I couldn't do yesterday. Sorry for yet more self indulgence. I think I need to do a run if I can drag myself out into the cold.  I'll report back later when I've done it.

• (((((((Soupy)))))))))

I really hope that your boss' boss is aware of her behaviour image

And whilst I'm sorry your signed off with stress on the silver lining side you can get some good solid day time training in (not intending to sound trite BTW) especially as it seems to have lifted your mood yesterday to do the endless pool session...

take care of yourself - you haven't had much luck jobwise have you recently - this was supposed to be coming back to a "better" position wasn't it image

• Last time I maxed out at work, found what I thought was a quiet corner outside to blub and a bunch of pupils came by..........how embarrassing was that? image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh ((((((((Soupy))))) how dreadful as Podds said hope boss' boss is in the know...hope you can get it sorted image
  • Thanks all. Yep she knows.........and says thats why I need an occy health referral cos she should be able to tell me what to do without me getting so stressed.  So its my fault!   I'm drafting up a formal grievance.  She is also being difficult about my July leave for Outlaw.image But I'm made of stronger stuff than she thinks so I'll be fine I'm sure.   GP thinks I might be vitamin D deficient so had a blood test this morning.

But I've run. And feel better for it. image

Podds - I agree with you entirely about getting time in for training. And I'm pleased only my office colleagues witness my embarrasment. Poor you.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

You sure are made of stronger stuff if you can face Outlaw image

Ashby is full and guess who hasn't entered image image image not going to be the same without my pal the Far Far image

• Spence, if you want to: Work out what details are required to transfer, I know someone in my club who's now not going. If you PM me with the details, I'll talk to her & get her number transferred to the dozy one. BTW - I'd better have a seat reserved for pizza after all this image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Oh HURRAH !

Thank you! Big hugs !!imageimage

I will tell the dozy one image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Helen you have a PM image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Helen, I've heard back from Ashby can you PM me your friends details ASAP please image
  • I hope the Far Far actually wants to run and didn't leave it too late accidentally on purpose cos it looks like she's in. imageimage

I just checked my run time and I did the 3.5 miles at 12.5 min miles - thats a pb so far this year. image

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

hahaha she's in whether she wanted to or not !! image

• Spence, sorry, easily confused. Do you need my mate's number or not? help. brain frozen.
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Name and club please Helen image
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    (((((((soupy))))))) Hope the situation sorts soon.

((((JFF)))) hounded into submission by Spence <shudders>
  • Spence - sorry to do this, but it appears the person who said they had a place has managed to give the place to someone else. grrr.

Sorry (again).

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

No worries, not your fault!image

It's norty Mrs Far Far not getting herself sorted image

I've e-mailed them to see if they have any spare.

• Silly question time - how do you deal with nerves. Someone's just said it's less than 10 weeks and I suddenly feel sick to the pit of my stomach. Loads of people are asking how its going, and being interested, which is really nice, but just seems to add pressure.

Tell me this is normal and I'm not a complete idiot - and how to deal with it. image

• Oh Helen - I'm terrible with nerves too but 10 weeks is ages.  Some nerves help you get the best out of the day so they are not all bad.  Just try and have confidence in the plan. You've already done some good distances and 10 weeks left - some people only do a 12 week plan!  Loads of time yet........image 
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Are you in it to win it Helen!?

Chill and enjoy it image

which is why i've run my maras with other people and we've had a chat & a laugh and a good swear .....(well I haveimage)

I do get a bit nervous the night before, but I just think about the finish image and how much I'm looking forward to seeing everybody and having a laugh....

perhaps I'm not taking this seriously enough !! image image

• Hello

I may be an imposter.  I may be a 6 hour person in a sub 5.30 hour forum.  But you, and I, won't know that until D day.  So I'm staying!

First marathon - London, 10 1/2 weeks to go. So far my training has consisted of:  Injury, better, injury reoccured as pretended I was better when I knew I wasn't, told off my phsyio on a weekly basis, now getting better and unfortunately doing all my running in the pool for now (hope to start land running again - carefully - on sunday).  But - feeling confident despite it all!  Want to start, want to finish, want to not hit the wall!

Any advice is helpful!

• Hiya kaffeeg - not an imposter at all, I would be a 6 hourer if I was to do a marathon now. You are more than welcome to join this little gang here and we'll help all we can but you might also want to (or instead of, I won't flounce) check out Len and Bridgets just get round thread.  We are still bimbling along from last year and Min has since been released of her mentoring duties (we unlocked the thread and let her out).  She pops her head in sometimes for sage words.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Be careful not to start back too quick too soon or try and catch up on lost sessions. You might want to try run/walk to get you round, something like run 5 mins/walk 1 min. Just take it slowly. London will always have a big chunk of slow runners and people who walk the whole way, the atmosphere is electric so you won't be on your own.