Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• L2RAL2RA ✭✭✭

HUGE CONGRATULATIONs to Ecky and Spartak another spectacular performance from CRAC towers.  Ecky to shave so much time off your PB is amazing I think you definately earned the wine.  Hope I don't let the side down this weekend!  Getting a bit nervous now.

Smut loved the speed camera story it has brightened up my Monday  image

Enjoy the rest of the day guys only 3.5 hours to go to the end of the working day.  Hoping to actually get out on time so I can get to my running club tonight as I've not had time all weekend to do any running and as always it is raining but thats my favourite running weather (wasn't much fun cycling to work today though I got drenched).

Don't suppose anyone likes ironing?  I have a huge pile of clothes that need to be ironed at home and if I don't do something about it tonight I will not have anything to wear for work tomorrow.  I will not be offended in any way if someone would like sneak in and do my ironing for me? image  Am willing to pay with cake!

• Hi all,

Hello Micknphil,good to see you again.

Ecky,well done,that was a fantastic performance.Fantastic pics too.

Loula,just convince yourself the sign is set to minutes per mile and you'll be ok.

Spartak,well it was great to meet you.I'm glad the hills weren't too mahoosive.In hot conditions they can seem a lot more mahoosive than they really are,especially the second one.For me the wost bit is the long drawnout incline past the Wheatsheaf and the village rec,and you had to do that twice and do a lap of the rec.Well done on a good race and beating the youngsters.You truly earned that pint.It's a shame the weather meant you had to go so soon,but standing about in those conditions after a race is not a good idea.It was great to see you and well done on a great race.

From a marshalls perspective yesterday was horrible.The rain and made standing around  very difficult,but our reward is that we have managed to give something back to the running community, by organising and presenting a race that seems to put a smile on peoples faces,no matter what the conditions.Of course it could be the beer!! Anyway it was not only wet but very cold too.We had the race started and the prizes presented by the Mayor of Romsey,and in the hour and a half between the start and prize giving he got so gold he actually began to turn blue! We had our usual marshalls BBQ afterwards,and helped to finish off the remaining beer,but we had to congregate in the village hall to eat,and everyone drifted off by 2pm.Normally we would have stayed until 4pm and had a few games on the rec and just enjoyed the day.But it was good to spend a little time with the club.It really is a fantastic club.

The downside to standing out in the cold rain is i have come down with a cold,so i'm having to miss the 5k time trial tonight.Luckily we have another 2 to go before the handicapped final,so i can still compete in that in September.

Well after a morning spent in the pouring rain,i spent the rest of the day in front of the telly watching....the pouring rain.Yes i was watching the Canadian Grand Prix which was very wet and had a 2 hour break after just 20 minutes of very wet racing,when the race was red flagged.So i started watching at 5pm and the program finished at 10.15pm.Phew!! At least when the race got restarted it was one of the best races ever with Jenson Button snatching a superb win.

Todays tune is Bob Dylan with 'A Hard Rain Is Gonna' Fall'.

• Rachel gues what...................I just bought a new iron.Im on my way.

Oh and honest dont ever worry about letting the side down.There is no pressure in CRAC towers to do a certain time.Our achievements are purely personal and everyone just thinks its amazing just to get out there and give it a go. What race are you doing this weekend?

Oh DJ I was thinkign about you yesterday when I saw our Marshalls cowering under Tree's. I always say Thank You as the races could not run without them. We did our club race last year and my Hubby did the Marshalling with our Son.He loved putting his hand out to tell people to mind the step up. Im sad that you have got a cold.I hope you feel better soon.

• DJ - Really appreciate your efforts yesterday, mate.  And your wry humour when picking the music of the day.  It's a shame I didn't have time to stay because if we got onto music I reckon you'd have missed your F1 race on the telly.  You mentioned 'Seconds Out' by Genesis a few weeks ago (your first record I think?) - it was one of my early ones too.  On the way home from training last week, I had 'Suppers' Ready' on LOUD in the car -  I noticed a sign on a billboard for a band called 'Los Endos' in the same style of lettering as Seconds Out had on the cover.  Turns out they're an (early) Genesis tribute band playing in Sussex soon.  Not my bag, tribute bands, I have to say, but it was really strage coincidence seeing the sign.

Anyway - hope you dry out soon - Take care

sr 

• I saw that sign for Los Endos as well near Tesco's in Broadbridge Heath think they were playing in Billingshurst. I loved Seconds Out as well as there other live album Three Sides Live.
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

wow, well done to you Ecky-thats a great time- see ? look how we are all improving!! spartak, it sounds like despite the rain you had a great event- well done both of youimage

that was great that you and DJ met, its great we are getting to meet some of out fellow team members now.

rachel, i actually  LOVE ironingimagei find it very theraputic...yes, really, how sad, so i could be your ironing angelimage..

....well im now reporting in to coach AF...I did 6miles tonight AF,........in 50mins...and 18 seconds...image

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    .....still got to add on the 200metres so itd prob be into 51mins....but im nearly there....image
  • Loula - Brilliant time for your run today.image

Micknphil - had a look at your webpage. Novices i don't think so Lol. Biggest respect to you both and hope you have many more races together.image

• evening everyone

Spartak - that sounds great! image And well done on beating the youngsters. Wow DJ what a day to be out in. Hope your cold doesn't last long

Rachel - So apart from getting wet how is the cycling going? And is this your first race as a CRAC team member? If so we need to ask Spartak to post your colours. image

My run didn't go so well today. Was it the effects of a migrane yesterday? Or that I on ly had 5 hours sleep last night? Or that I did my highest weekly mileage last week at 23 miles? Don't know. I went out with my no.2 girl who is now beginning her training for 5k. She did great and we loved running together but legs really ached. I then had just enough time for another 3 miles on my own. But wasn't happy at the end. Had a pain in my heel. So came home and iced my foot. Really don't want to get plantar fasices thing. image Hoping Smidge sleeps all night so I can.

On the plus side the plumbers are meant to arrive in the morning to start work puting in a new boiler. After a week maybe we'll have some hot water by the end of the week. image

•  Thats its CRACkers........I am officially deaded. I have just been to one of the Endurance training nights at the Club.........OMGosh.

Good job my friend came with me as the rest of them were all 15 year olds. Did Hill reps so steep you had to go up on tippie toes 24 short hills in total. We then had to do 50m sprints 6 times with short recovery and then 6 times again. I am properly pooped.

Thanks Loula.We are indeed improving.

Chilli sorry you had a bad run.We all have those from time to time.I hope you get some sleep.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

aw, yes chili, just put it down as a duff one and carry onimage......hows your heel now? hope that goes away quicklyimage

..ecky, that sounds like torture!!...image id be really fwightenedimage.....in fact id just have collapsed in a heap more like-lol!! want some vino?

• Ooh yes please Loula. I must admit it was hard but we couldnt be outdone by a bunch of kids.lol. It was good though.
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    MMOORRRNINGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE SUN SUN SUNimage
  • We ceratainly do have sun...................................even in Edinburgh.image

Ecky  OMG indeed what a session you had at the club I'm with Loula and would have collapsed in a heap.

Chilli- We all get days where we don't perform as well as we want but as you say you have increased your mileage somewhat. Hope your heel is okay.

Helloooooo everyone else and have a good day.

Not sure if i will get out for arun after work- feeling a bitty tired myself.

xx

• MOOOOOOOOORNIN Yey we have sun too.

Franny I must admit I did sleep well last night.That sure was a killer.I still cant believe we managed it.lol. Im doing a more gentle keep fit class tonight at work.Its a special one they set up for staff.

• Enjoy your gentle keep fit class tonight Ecky.......... Is there such a thing as a gentle keep fit class though?????image

• Morning all- Sunny hear in Sussex as well.

LLB- You did really well with 6 miles in 50.18- in a race you would naturally go quicker and break 50 minutes for a 10k- I m totally convinced. Hopefully, I can join you on 18/9 and see you through. Still negotiating with Mrs AF unfortunately she is a bit under the weather and is going to need an operation in the autumn so can't give definite commitment yet.

Ecky- Well done on the hilly challanges- that's my next task as I might enter the same race as Spartak on 24/7 that is one of hils hilly 1/2 marathons!!!

Chilli- We all have bad runs & I am sure you will be back to your best next time out.

Franny- Hope you manage to save some energy for a run later.

Well working from home so I am going to try something different with my run today. I am goind down to the local track in a minute and am going to try out a "pyramid training" session that a running colleague gave me. It is something like 200 meter jog, 200 meter sprint, 400 meter jog, 400 meter sprint up to 1200 meter sprint and then you go back down to 800 meter sprint, 800 meter jog etc. 10000 meters in total - the aim being to improve your overall 10k time!!! Sounds knackering!!

I will report back later.........

• /members/images/561257/Gallery/Finish.jpg

Dragged over the line by my lil' helper ..... Come on DAD!!!!

• Top finish Spartak.A great photo of a well run race.

Today's tune is Derek And The Dominoes(AKA Eric Clapton and Duane Allman) and 'Layla'.With Claptons iconic riff, and the amazing slide guitar lead from Duane Allman which was one of the last things he recorded before his untimely death.

Well done on your runs Ecky and Loula.

Chilli,a migraine does affect you for up to 2 days after,usually with fatigue and muscle weakness.It's always an idea to ice any slight niggle,so well done with that.I hope you feel a bit stronger soon.

My cold has subsided a lot,although i'm still a bit tired.I need to get my mojo back.I've been a bit lacklustre in my running since my 10k a month ago.I have another 10k a week Sunday so i hope i'm a bit stronger by then.I think i am probably beginning to feel the fatigue that comes a few weeks after a marathon.

• Spartak- Whar a lovely photo - well done again image

AF - Hope your track workout goes well. It sure does sound like a killer.

DJ- Hope you feel better soon and hope your race goes well on Sunday.

Laters xxxxx

• L2RAL2RA ✭✭✭

Woohoo thanks Ecky and LLB will divide my ironing pile and get it sent to you ASAP image  Think I may need to invest in a new iron as mine is leaking water which doesn't help and seems to make ironing take longer.  To be fair I have had that iron 2 years and it was 2nd hand then so I think it has had its day.

Cycling is going well Chili although still a bit sore.  I am getting a bit faster too.  The journey to and from work on the bike is soooo lovely and it is a relief not to be getting on the overcrowded trains everyday.  I have even been managing to get off the bike and go to my running club when I get home.  Hope you get your boiler fitted soon sounds like a nightmare nothing worse than no hot water.

Ecky/Chili I'm doing the tatton park 10K this weekend in Cheshire which also happens to be arace for life extended version event so raising money for charity at the same time which makes it even more worthwhile.  The park is abolutely beautiful tho I'm a bit concerned it may be XC which I have never done and yes it will be my first proper race with CRAC towers.

LLB/Franny we too finally have sun image

AF I have done pyramid training and it is good fun.  I did it with times rather than distances but it did make the run seem quicker as it gives you a focus point.  Hope Mrs AF is feeling better soon.

• I've decided the best way to motivate myself is to have a long distance race to focus on.I'm thinking about the BHF Bleinheim Half Marathon on October 2nd.It gives me plenty of time to train and progress and it would make my Highclere 10k a last big run out before a 2 week taper.Is anyone else running this race,or one of the other distances available?
  • DJ- Hi. Another great tune Layla- love the piano bit in the middle (goes to turn it up on the stereo- the benefits of working from home!) image I have got my eye on a selection of races,but, they may all have to be local. Hoping to do Highclere but depends on Mrs AF who needs an operation. I have got my eyes on a 1/2 Marathon on 24/7 (the one Sparatk is doing) but may wimp out, a Half Marathon on 21/8 at Henfield, a 10 miler on 4/9 & the on 18/9 a Half Marthon at Denbies Vineyard in Dorking that involves wine as well- it is called the Bacchus 1/2 Marathon & I really like the sound of it!!!

Spartak- Great picture- little Spartak lots very like you!

RL- Pyramid training was very hard work. I did by myself at the local running track. I couldn't run quickly for more than 800 meters. It felt really strange going around a track on my own! Anyway I did 6.66 miles in about 45 minutes. I messed up by going too fast too early and did my first two miles in 6.46 and 6.42 minutes, then the 3rd was slower at 7.03 & 4th also at 7.03. I decided to jog 400 meetrs and then spring 400 meters for miles 3 & 4 as I was worn out!!! It was quite hot so I took a breather and then ran a slower 2 miles in 7.20 and 7.27. Usefull exercise & hopefully I will do better next time. Without the stops I did 10k in about 44 minutes which is pleaseing.     

Anyway back to work..............

• Morning all, I actually think I'd enjoy some of these sessions that you've been talking about more than just a run. Need to build back up a bit of distance, then might join a club when I get home. Went out with the hottie Italian again a couple of nights ago, he was trying to make me run faster and longer, was shattered when I got back. Think I should try and avoid him for a bit tho, otherwise I might need to change my name on here.

Spartak - the little one looks very determined there.
    Loula and ecky - both getting really quick.

Hi chili, AF, DJ, Matt, Rachel and all.
    Oh, and btw, sunny day here too...
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

AF!!! 6.6 miles in 45????imagei wanna doo tthhhaaattttt!!!..thats amazing!!image..

.....spartak, the pic is fab, little spartak so cute!!

dj8 , i was going to do the blenheim HM and still may do but there is a oxford HM now just set uo on 25th sept which im entering, seems it has a few teething/red tape troubles at the mo but looks like going ahead-this is what my nexy goal is after 9th julyimage

• Angel- Good to see you are enjoying your time in the US!!!
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    there are plenty of hotties in this country AFimage
  • I prefer Italian senorita's personally & yes there are plenty of lovely ladies in the UK as well!! image 
  • Afternoon everyone

Another lovely photo Spartak with a very proud son there! image

Thanks guys, yeah I know that tough runs happen. My foot is feeling okay at the moment, but I am a bit nervous. Shall ice it some more tonight. Been cycling and swimming today.

And the plumbers have been here all day. They considered getting an archeologist out to look at our boiler image We have no water at all at the moment and it looks like I'm going to have to give in and agree to my families pleas for pizza since I can't really cook anything in the kitchen. We've been begging jugs of water from our neighbour. But they think they will have the whole job finished by tomorrow. We found them using the Trust a Trader site and I have to say that so far they have been brilliant.