Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Hello everyone.

Todays tune is Blue Oyster Cult with 'Don't Fear The Reaper'.A classic rock song from the 70's.If you want a laugh go to YouTube and search the song title and either the word cowbells or Will Ferell or Christopher Walken.The sketch you will find is very funny.

Not sure if i'm going to go to the club for track efforts or just go out by myself for a more gentle trot.I haven't run since i had issues on Saturday.

I'm going to enter Blenheim HM on October 2nd.I need to have a long distance race to focus on,and help keep me motivated.I put my 10k PB into the Runners World predictor and it says i have the potential to do it in 02:07:00 so that will be my target time.I hope to get back up to 16 miles in training and i will use my Highclere 10k as my final test before i taper.Then it will be time to start preparing for a spring marathon.

Franny,that is an impressive training run you did.Well done.

• L2RAL2RA ✭✭✭

Oooooh Angel I wish I had your will power today.  Someone brought in triple choc chip cookies for a colleagues birthday and they are delish.  Not only did I not have will power not to have 1 but I have to admit I was also the someone who brought them in as the shop did not have any choc cupcakes image  Loads left as everyone in the office is on a diet does anyone want 1?

Chili glad to hear you hot water again enjoy.  Definately need to take a bit of time for yourself for a soak with a BIG glass of wine.

AF good luck for your race on Sunday!

Franny well done on your long run today very impressive if you haven't entered for a half marathon yet you definately should!

Hi to everyone else

• My willpower? I couldn't resist the chocolate cake. There is a woman out here tho who seems to have iron willpower, and to be honest it seems to just annoy people. Life is too short. Drink is my current problem tho. Need to resist a bit more as I'm such a lightweight seem to get drunk every night.

Have fun with the minibus chili, out here we have 7 seaters, I've not dared to drive yet.

As ever AF I'm completely in awe of your speed.

Hi ecky, loula, DJ, Franny, spartak, Matt, Rachel. Hope I didn't miss anyone.
  • Heeellloooooyyyy! Is anyone there? How come it's so quite tonight? Have you all run off and left me? image

Driving the minibus was okay, reversing and parking was horrendous! But the guy in charge seems to think I'll be fine, so I guess that is me all set for the youth weekend next Friday. Had youth group tonight and they are all so excited. I'm stressing about it already.

Anyway, no running today but hope to do 10 miles tomorrow. Then I plan to soak in a hot bath. 

I like choc chip cookies image, so yes please Rachel. I also have a pretty selection of cup cakes. Loula, you haven't been round with your trolley recently.

And has anyone heard from Saz? Kind of miss her. image I was looking forward to wedding cake.

Nodders, are you okay too?

• *stomps in* CHILLI  HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm glad you got on ok today with the Mini Bus.

Come to think of it mmmmmmm yes Loula now where did you leave the trolley this time.*hopes it's not in the Canal again with the shopping trolley*

Ooh could I have a pretty cup-cake please.I like prettys.

I miss our Saz too.

• I miss Saz too.Where are you?

Did a very good 4 miler tonight. 4.0 miles in 35:01.My fastest over this distance.My mojo is returning after being AWOL for 3 weeks.A bit of a break after last weekends runs has helped.I'll do a 10 miler on Saturday,and next week i'll just go to club training on Monday and then a gentle 5 miles on Thursday before my race a week Sunday.I feel like i'm picking up my form again at just the right time.Going to try my heart out at my next race.Mind you i always do.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD MOOOOORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was veeryy tired last night,image......ecky, did i miss cupcakesimage................

• Good Morning All.

Happy Friday.To celebrate today's tune is the Easybeats with 'Friday On My Mind'.

It's my last day at before a week off.Wahaay!!!!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    happy friday !!!!image
  • Morning All,

Happy Friday but then its work at weekend for me. Off out tonight for a meal with hubby and the inlaws. Hopefully wont have too much to drink as want to go to Parkrun tomorrow before I go to work in the afternoon.

Managed 3 miles this morning.Hope everyone has a good weekend and the very best of luck to all our racers. 

DJ - Enjoy your week off. You up to anything nice or just chilling and running????

Cheers

xxx 

• Work at the weekend for me too. Today is my 16th consecutive day in the office. Still, happy Friday everyone, not going in til 9 tomorrow and out on the beer tonight.
  • Afternoon all,

DJ- Well done on your 4 miler & good to here that you are picking up some form. Upto anything next week?

Franny- Well done on your 3 miler . Hopefully you have a good race.

Angel- You need to get a day off. What do you do?

Well I manaed a 5.4 mile run last night in the rain in 42.08 which felt ok. Alos did 9 mile club run this morning- May havbe overdone it before Sunday as my foot is a little ache!! Rest tomorrow.

Happy Friday everyone.
  • AF - Well done on your run in the rain and then a 9 miler - Gosh Hope your foot ache doesn't go into anything serious and hope the rest will do it good before Sunday. Good luck

Angel - enjoy your beer tonight image

• Thanks Franny, I intend to. AF, I am a nuclear consultant
    We don't get weekends off out here, but will get them as toil when we're home.
  • Franny- A Nuclear consultant that sounds VERY VERY Brainy- where are you based then?
  • LOL I am not the nuclear cosultant that is our Angel. I am not that intelligent. Just a kids nurse me.image
  • Should say although I am paediatric nurse I am more officed based now image
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    imagei think my title is code for 'dogsbody and bossy boots' -lolimage
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    in all honesty, i do love my job , im very fortunate to like it so much and its a rare thing when i say i dont feel like going!!image
  • i do like my job but think I prefered it when i was more hands on. Miss the kids but it suited me better to move jobs and not so hard on my back. I worked with kids with special needs for about 12 years and before that worked in a busy paeditric ward.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

which hospital do you work in Franny? i worked in the JR hospital and Churchill hospital in Oxford for a whileimage-i intend going back into hospital work someday

• Don't work in hospital anymore. Worked in St Johns Hospital Livingston and then in a school working with kids from 3- 18 who had very special needs ranging from autism to very physically disabled. Just got too much for me in the end and needed a change.Currently work as an agency consultant for the Nursing Guild and can still go out an do the odd shift if I want too.What type of nursing do you do?

• LLb I need to go now someone at the door. catch up soon image
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    not a nurse Franny-im Pharmacyimage drugs drugs drugs!.....i worked on Renal ward and Dermatology in hospital as a break from retail Pharmacy, now im back in retail in my 15th year-doing the checking prescriptions etc..but i also worked as a relief btween 3 branches for 18months or so with the same retail company. now i also visit other branches who deal with providing medication for carehomes, i get called upon to visit when they required a little help organsing their work load and provision strategy etc..the company i work for also have a contract with local community hospitals , so up until a year ago i was also going to two of those twice a week which i really enjoyed. its nice to go and see the patients we are providing for and put faces to namesimage
  • Just 10 minutes until the week off.I haven't got much planned except on Wednesday when we are going to see Kings Of Leon play Hyde Park.I'm looking forward to that especially as Paul Weller and White Lies are supporting.We are also planning to go to Windsor Castle one day.Apart from that i have work to do in the garden.I will only be doing a couple of runs,but a week Sunday i have the Lordshill 10k.

AF get some ice on that foot and get it elevated.It should settle down ok.Take it easy if you can.

• DJ- Thanks I will do that this evening. I am sure I will be ok & it won't stop me racing on Sunday!

Franny- I am sure you are very intelligant as well.

Angel- A nuclear scientist that must have taken a lot of dedication & hard to work to achieve.
  • LLB - That sounds very interesting. Agree it is great to put faces to the names of clients you provide for.

Anyway off out in a mo for dinner out. what a lovely treat provided by the inlaws.

Have a nice night everyone image

• Not really tbh AF, I kind of fell into it. I applied for a job at a power station near where I went to uni while I was trying to decide what to do with my chemistry degree and got asked to interview for a job at sellafield instead. So I moved up there for a bit and am now based down in Oxfordshire.
  • Evening everyone

Have just completed 10 miles in the pouring rain again. At least i can have a hot bath this evening. My fingers don't seem to be working every well and I'm struggling to type.

Shall catch up with you later.