Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Helloooo

Back from my run and a bit wet now. Managed 9.69 miles in the rain and that was enough for me in 1hr 31 mins so a bit slower than last week. I need to get the speed up if I want to crack the sub 2hr for my HM in September.

Ecky- Don't think it will be hot one for your run if the weather up here is anything to go with. Loula is   gettin very fast isn't sheimage and you are correct there has been superb training being logged recently.Well done all and I think its because we keep each other motivated and give good advice and support.

Jude _ Aaaaah I remember when i took my son for his 1st lesson. Soo sweet they are at that age aren't they?? although can't complain about my lad he is still sweet LOL

Champagne and Chocolate cake tonight to celebrate his birthdayimage. I'm sure he will be livin it up a bit his weekend within reason LOL

• Well done on your run Franny.   Enjoy your champagne and chocolate cake tonight.

Just phoned my sister-in-law and little one loved his first swimming lesson.  The course is 4 days a week for 3 weeks and then we go on holiday so hopefully he'll feel comfortable in the water by then.  

• Morning all,

Was going to go out for a run last night but didn't bother ,as it started to rain heavily. Managed to go out at 7 30am this morning and ddi 6.38 miles in 50 minues so felt better about my running after the weekends disappointing race.

Franny- Happy Birthday to you son. Well done on your 9.69 mile run. Your time is easily good enough  to get inti sun 2 hr for a half marathon. Don't forget the competitive nature of race will make you go quicker.

Ecky-Good luck in your 10k tonight. Don't think the weather is going to be as hot as lat years race!

Saz-Well done on your 4 miler yesterday.

Hi top everyone else..

• L2RAL2RA ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Didn't make it on here last night after the race at the weekend the cycle to work yesterday and running club last night I was too tired to switch on my laptop.  Chili we got drenched too very heavy downpour of rain here last night but was very cooling.  My legs are very sore today.  I have cycled into work today but think I may give the run a miss tonight they need a rest.

AF stop being so hard on yourself your time was amazing for the weekend I don't think I will ever be that fast and to be in the top 30% is extreemly impressive!!

Jude I'm 28 (shhh don't tell anyone) so plenty old enough to take it as a complimant.  My colleagues find it funny that I have to carry ID when we go out but I think they are just stricter in bars in city centres (or maybe just it s that my hometown is so small we all know each other so don't need it there).  Sucks you have to work for little extra money in July don't go down without a fight!

Angel wow body pump at 5.30am.  I'm not even out of bed at that time never mind doing something that energetic go you.

Franny well done on your long run today.  I think I need to try and increase my mileage a bit to keep up with you all.  My longest run so far is probably the 10K distance but will have to increase slowly.  Happy birthday to your boy hope you have a fab evening.

Ecky good luck with your run tonight I'm sure you will be amazing as always.  Just keep thinking of the burger and the drink at the end that would definately motivate me image

Hi to everyone else hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday

• Hello, back again. Thanks for all your welcomes.

Sorry I don't have tinterweb on my phone so I may disappear for a couple of days at a time.  The good news is I have a new computer at work and it actually lets me log on to RW, yay! The old one wouldn't.

I knew I was in the right place here. In fact  I'm going to design a special hat with a piece of cake attached that hangs in front of me when I'm running, so I have to keep going and going and going.

You all seem to be doing very well with the training. I'm going to have to step it up to keep up with you. I did 6.5 on Sunday very wearily, but better this morning.

x

• WOW a Cake Hat..............................SL you are so in the right place. Loula why didnt we fink of that. Well done on your run on Sun.

Rachel you are but a baby *whispers* 28 thats a yoof. Thanks too.I must admit the Burger will make me go quicker so I dont have to stand in the Mahoosive que at the end like last time. Kids are happy as Hubby is taking them into the Pub to have their tea.

• Afternoon all. I did enjoy my dinner last night ta (can't remember who asked, was it Franny?) We're having poached chicken in watercress sauce with Parmentier potatoes, broccoli and green beans tonight. Nom nom nom.

Off for a run now - hoping to do a 10 miler but I shall see how it goes.

Good luck for tonight, Ecky. You'll be fab I'm sure.

• Thanks Saz.. Ooh your dinner sounds sooooooooo lush. Good luck with your run.
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

hello all, oo yes ecky the cake hat idea is excellent- do you fink it'll clash with the pork pie socks thoughimage..maybe best try it all at once and seeimage.......

and happy burfday to Frannys sonimageimage

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

ECKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOODD LUCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pppsstt.....what time does it start so i can send vibes((((((((((((((((((((image)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(is that what vibes look like? i dunno...image)

• LOOOOOOOOULA. That looks like vibes to me.Awwww fanksh  my race starts at 7.30.Its 10k and Im hoping for sub 60.
  • Saz- You seem to be cooking up some really ncie food at the moment. Hope you maanged a 10 miler today.

Ecky- I predict a sub 60 minute 10k for you. Good luck.

SL- Hi & well done on your run on sunday.
  • Go, Go Ecky! Yeaaaahhhhh, you can do it. I think you'll do sub 60 cos you're faster than me on all your runs.

SpagLegs  - what an excellent idea image Loula, you will look fabulous in one of those. Especially with the socks.

No running today. And no swimming either cos I had another migrane earlier. Has eased a bit now and hoping I can cope with the rest of the day.

AF - good to hear you're bouncing again. 

Franny - enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Haven't heard from Jimbo recently either. Wonder if he's still in exam mode?

• It's all the blokes disappearing at the meonet isn't it? Matt,Jimbo & Spartak......

Hope to get out for a decent run tommorrow early evening before I go out for an appointment at 7 30pm.

Chill- Hope your migraine goes.
  • loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    yes where IS matt?....image..dyu fink him, jimbo and spartak have gone on a lads 18-30imageholiday in Ibeeffurimage
  • The good looking blokes are still posting,-------------------- and me as well.
  • Hi all.I'm still here too.Just a quick visit to say GO ECKY!!!!!! I think a sub 60 is on the cards.Good luck.

I just did a bit of speedwork today.I'll do a bit more tomorrow morning.

I've seen a map of Sunday's 10k and apart from a long steady incline between 1.8 and 2.5k it looks flat and fast.I hope i can manage a PB.

Tomorrows song is Kings Of Leon and 'The Bucket'.I'm off to see them in Hyde Park tomorrow.

• L2RAL2RA ✭✭✭

Go Ecky Go Ecky Go Ecky image  Definately heading for a sub 60 she is but a blur

DJ enjoy the Kings of Leon  very jealous.

Saz your tea sounds gorgeous and incredibly healthy if there is any left send it my way.

Hope your migraine goes oon Chili

SL I agree the cake hat is genious and a great incentive to keep moving image

• Well the migrane has lifted and the girls are just about to head for bed. Am icing my foot cos it hurts again. And am about to start work. Am taking the youth away for the weekend and I have still have so much prep to do. Got to find team building games and a quiz this evening.

DJ - have fun in Hyde Park tomorrow. 

• Evening all image

Back from sunny Spain. On the good side, we had a lovely holiday. #1 was not out of the pool the whole time. Her favorite thing was trying to stay on a lilo after jumping from the side of the pool. Which I think as far as she was concerned, was only worth it if she fell off in the process! I got 3 runs in while I was away. Had to start out at 7.30am before it got too hot (morning running is unheard of for me!).

On the not so good side, our younger cat got hit by a car last night and died. Mrs Matt is not taking it so well, as expected really. She was grey and white and honestly the only cat I've ever encountered who doesn't mind standing in a puddle to have a drink. Odd the things your memory calls up.

Sorry for not catching up, the way this group moves, I'll have needed to read 10 pages! But I have read THIS page!

All the best Ecky!! image Go for it!

Hi LLB image, yes, it was an 18-30s really, I left Jimbo and Spartak drinking in a taverna. They were singing songs and chatting up two right moose's! You know what beer goggles are like! image

Chili, hope you feel better soon.

Nice to see everyone is around. And welcome back Saz image Hope it all went well. Bet it did.
  • Hi Chili image x-post there. Glad you're feeling better.
  • *BOING BOING BOING BOING*

I think I ony gone and done it.My est time was around 58 mins. I could have gone a bit faster but I had a bit of a problem. I kept needing the loo (an I dont mean tinkles) so I had to keep slowing downimage. I was a bit dissapointed as I felt really good and strong. Its a very flat race and wasnt too hot. I did really enjoy it though and my Burger was lovely.They even gave you rice or Salad with it.

We didnt have a team out but we are going for individual now.

Awwww Matt Im so sorry to hear about your Cat. Huggies to Mrs Matt.

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    imageaw hello matt, sorry about kitty....sorry for mrs matt too...image...glad spain was ok....i cant believe you never told me n ecky you were goingimage!!!!!..we woulda got easyjet n met ya there chuck! ooo the fun we coulda had, well, me n ecky would have had.....and not a sangria in sight........................well, maybe one or fiveimage
  • Humph ye Loula you is right...............Oh Ma-at why you not invite us.We would have been sooooooooooo gud image.

• Ecky you star! Well done on your time! image

Honestly, LLBnEcky, I dont think the 18-late30s people would have been ready for you two image
  • Thanks Matt Im sooooooooooooo chuffed I could actually pop.

*sniggers at the thought of 18-30 rep trying to keep me and Loula in check*

• Oh well done Ecky!!! imageimageimage

Matt - so glad you're back. We missed you - partcularly our Daring Duo! Sorry to hear about your kitty though. Very sad.

Mmmm, burger... sounds such a good idea...

• Thanks Chilli. I must admit the Burger was a welcome pressie for finishing a race.
  • Morning all!

Well done Ecky! Great time and bodes well for the next one that you felt so strong.

Welcome back Matt!  Where did you go in Spain? I love it there especially Seville, Cordoba, Granada etc   My original plan was to move to Spain and teach English but I couldn't find a job there so I come to Turkey instead and the rest is history!  Sorry to hear about your cat though. 

Chili - good luck with your weekend preparations.  Sounds fun ( and very tiring!!)

Saz - your evening menus are quite inspiring - I might have to try something a bit more adventurous.  Did you get out for your run?

DJ - Have a great time tonight.  Never mind the concert, going to Hyde Park would be a thrill for me - I love london.

AF - Well done on yesterdays run!

Rachel - hope your legs feel better today.

Well I did another 4 miles this morning and hopefully I'm going for a very late swim tonight with hubby at our new course (10 -11pm in an open air pool - should be nice!)

Have a good Wednesday everybody!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    wweeyyyheyyyyyyyyyyyy Ecky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimageimage brillllllll !! i am soo chuffed for youimage well done hunny!...............matt- im still a little upset about missing the spain trip    *folds arms in a huff*-particularly as i have a new union jack cozzie.....image