Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• yeah , go phantom- go give them a good talking to for our judeimage
  • by'eck, you could always turn up on the day as lots of people dont turn up for their events for one reason and anotherimage
  • The Phantom is on case now  - I'd run from someone all dressed in a black cape image
  • Loula - i'm very very excited. Have completely ignored my girlies, who have put themselves to bed (okay I did go and give goodnight prayers and kisses) cos I'm trying to write out my training plan. What kind of plan are you using? Guess I need to get over on the Ultra thread and find some advice on there.
  • Loula and chili, you start running only 8 miles from where I live. Would you like me to cheer you off?
  • Yes! Absolutely! image It's a 6am start though. But if you bring your kiddies mine will be there too to say hello and my girlies are very, very friendly and love making new friends. Oh, that is a happy thought.
  • My daughter is highly sociable and my little boy is very cute. Could be a good day, especially if the weather is good. Maybe I should join you in 2013...
  • Thanks guys.  Far too sensitive for my own good.  I wish I didn't care. Hubby is very patient with me and knows me so well.  He says all the right things, bless him.  But he is one of those people who really wouldn't care if he were in the same position.  I think most men wouldn't.

Phantom - I may take you up on your offer.image

By'Eck - what a shame!  Maybe you could buy an unwanted entry like Chili suggested. If you can't run on Saturday why not look around for a similar race asap (before you lose all this enthusiasm)?

Anyway, I'm off to bed.image Thanks again my friends!

• Your welcome Jude....sweet dreams

image Nighty night

• nighty night Jude sleep wellimage
  • I will get OH to take me somewhere and kick me out of the car imagehi
  • I might have a place (fingers crossed)
  • by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    Loula and chili, you start running only 8 miles from where I live. Would you like me to cheer you off?

by'eck !! that would be amazing!! imageplease please please come and see us off!...mr llb and miss llb will be there as we are travelling down the night before so if you can recommend any B@Bs we would be so grateful. i need it as close to the start point as poss as chili and i have to be at the startline at 5:45amimage so it means i will have to get missy up at some unearthly hourimage..oh goodness, and B@Bs dont serve brekkie until abt 7/8am and i will need a massive brekkie...oh no im thinking of all the logistics and panicking now* takes deep breath..in...and out...in....and out*....phew....

chili, i think i will just work on a normal mara plan , but do B2Bs at weekends...on the ultra thread some of the guys mentioned not running more thn 30 in  a training run, or over 3 hours..image i will have to read u on it some more. i diid think in my head earlier tht really we will have to adopt the walk/run strtegy from very early on in the event-or we will never make it. how early do you think you would like to start that? and in what ratio? ive read somewhere(i will find where and let you know) that one guy adopted a 'run for 25mins =walk for 5' pattern from the very start in an ultra and as he got more towards the end it became 'run for 20=walk for 5'....then 'run for 15=walk for 5' etc.......that may work. basically , his rule was dont run until you become tired because then its too late, you are fatigued too much and its hard to pull it all back on track...

• night jude, phantom, ecky, by'eck, ......chili.....except me and chili are still bouncing off the ceilingimage
  • Good Morning,

Looks up to see if Loula and Chilli are somewehre on the ceilingimage 

Loula...That sounds like a good plan for your ultra....Some B&Bs put brekkie on early if they know people are entrants in races...I know they do up here in Edinburgh for the marathon so it may be worth checking that out too cos as you say you will need a good breakfast inside you...

Its very very windy out there this morning and I got blown along to work.

Have a fab day everyone if you are still off and for those working hope it goes quickly.image

• Morning all!

Loula and Chili - Sounds so exciting, making all your plans! image

A lovely bright sunny day here in Bursa!image  I'm looking forward to going shopping after work today.  My son and daughter have presents to get for a secret santa at swimming club and my little son is going to get presents for all his nursery class. Good job there are only 7 in his class!  (He came home on Monday with a DVD and a pair of Father Christmas socks from two of his classmates.)  Present giving happens around New Year's day here.

Anyway, have a good day everybody.

• Hi Jude...that sounds like a fun shopping trip..enjoy!!!!!
  • morning franny and jude...image have a nice shopping day jude, glad you have sunimage

morning franny, its windy here too and im at work too today so you are not aloneimage...i have to take miss llb to my mum and dads first before i then go to work as mr llb has just done night shiftimage

it is exciting for the aug ultra, although i did have a moment last night where i was wondering what id done! lol...will have to take a look at training schedules but i think the mara plan with extended LSR will suit me best.

hello to AF,DJ, phantom, by'eck,chili,angel.....wheres smut????????????

P.S.....is  AF going  to be new boss?imageimage

• Hi Loula....Aw poor miss llb having to get up mega early in the holidays. Hope work not too frantic for you today. I think your mara plan sounds good with the back to backs at the weekend.image

Yeah  I vote for AF as Da new Boss image

• I think the new boss should be the one with the best recipe collection.
    Or the biggest cake slice image
  • Morning all,

Jude-Enjoy your shopping trip.

Franny-Was windy down here 1st thing. Are you working again today? Happy to be the new boss for 2012. Trouble is I have a large recipe collection,but, can't make cakes!!!!!

LLB & Chilli- That run/walk plan sounds a good ideas. Makes me think that I could do something mad like that one day!!!!

I will have to be quite strict and may have to apply punishments to some of you rowdy lot!!!!

Anyway I an off shopping and am picking up my fat free fryer form a well known catalogue shop.Will then do a rare afternoon run.

• Boingy Boingy Boingy boing

I have a place. I don't feel quite ready but I'm going to give it my best shot! It's all part of my marathon training
  • morning gangimage

well done by'eck image

Rest day for me today run and gym tomorrow and start my schedule for 10k on Jan 1.Bit shorter than marathon and 50 miles that you are all training for but i like itimage

Have a great day everybody. 

• Hey phantom, I'm only on marathon training because I was green and signed up for one in the misguided belief I could do it. Ideally, my first would be abingdon in October. Usain bolt doesn't do marAthon training because he is a sprinter
  • thankyou by'eck  youll be great and do your marathon in October im sure.i hope to do a half marathon by the end of next year too.
  • So pleased you have got a place By'Eck.  You'll be great!

AF - "Apply punishments" ? Oooer.  Sounds a bit kinky.image

Phantom - You'll be great at 10K.  Aren't you running 5 miles every other day already?  What is your schedule like?  Is there a lot of speed training?

• Hi Jude .Yes im running 5 miles four times a week and just joined a running club where they do speed work, and hillsimage ive downloaded a schedule from here that includes speed work and covers 8 weeks almost to my race date.im quite slow at the moment but hopefully get faster over the coming weeks.
  • Phantom, the last race I did taught me a lot. There was a guy who set off at a fair lick but by mile 7 was waiting on a lift back with the marshals... no-one wants to know how quickly you run the first 5km if you fail to finish the full 10...
  • yes thankyou by'eck good adviceimage