Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Eckytump. wrote (see)

Yup - activities today peeps
    AF - run
    By 'eck - saunter round pond with family
    Chili - reading a book whilst hubby and family swim

Ecky - does lifting a Glass of wine whilst eating pretzels count as activity image

loula-been to work and trying to find a fave top in overstocked wardrobe involving forcing  and holding coathangers  apart resulting biceps like HE-MANimage

• Eckytump. wrote (see)

*passes out more tissues*

I must admit he does sense that Mum dislikes him and he does play up for her.Shame really as most of the time he is good as gold.

boys are boys.....always a little sparky.....and funimage
  • Loula sounds like a tough activity image.Did you manage to find a top?
  • He is just full of ideas.His imagination is amazing.He can still be a little Monkey at times though.
  • i did eventually....by getting on my hands and knees and searching from the bottom up through the clothesimage........its like the Bermuda triangle in there....one day i may not surface....*thinks about what scary things could be at the back.....IF there is  a backimage...OMG...it could be .....................NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • *THINKS AGAIN*..............i have never seen the back of the wardrobe.........................image
  • Good Morning.

Helllllloooo Loula.........are you still in the wardrobe??? or gone off to lands new like in Narnia.....Hope work not too busy for you today.

Ecky......What a fabby fantastic picture...You must be so chuffed wiv yourself.Hoep you get out for your run....Hows the Garmin??? I haven't tried my new one on a run yet just walking to work..it seems very easy to use.

Chilli...Sorry your not feeling too good and hope you feel better soon.

AF..Well done on your runs this week.....and looking forward to seeing pics of you as an escaped convict...they will never catch you...LOL

Phantom.....You have come such a long way with your running already......every step we take is just hat little bit further than before.....

Hi Jude...Hope the shopping trip went well.

Another working day for me but have been told we can get away 2 hrs early. Woo Hoo for the Christmas Cheer......

• Morning all!

Ecky - Lovely dress!  Very slinky.  Well done again on your award.  Your boy sounds so brave and kind.  image

Chili - Get well soon.  I know it's not like you to turn down a swim.

AF - Good idea for a running fancy dress.

Franny - Have a good day at work.

Hi Loula, Phantom, By'Eck, Gastank, Roadrunner etc!!

Well, I went shopping after work and managed to get all the little presents for the kids' friends.  Came home with the kids after swimming at about 8.15 so was a bit whacked.  Another busy day today.  Some exams at school, then hoping for a run with hubby while kids are swimming, followed by Turkish lesson.  I hope it is still happening as I've missed 2 weeks because of work.  Little boy woke up with conjunctivitis this morning so hubby is taking him to the doctor's after dropping off the other 2 at school.

Have a good day everybody!  Nearly 2012!

x  

• Hiya Jude....Aw poor wee mite wiv conjunctivitis...not nice and he will just want to rub his eyes all the time I bet...Hope it clears up soon... Good luck wiv puttin the ointment on.Hope you get to your turkish lesson.

• morning all....jude hope lickle on is ok, as franny says he will want to keep rubbing it. some chloramphenicol  or fucithalmic will sort it in no time(or the equivilent in Turkeyimage)...

AF, a convict outfit is perfect for you....!! we need pics!!

hope everyone has a great day at work !! enjoy your shorter day franny....and your noooo toy!image

have a nice run to anyone out n about this a.m-dont get blown away !

• Loula, franny, have you forgotten warm salty water to bathe the eyes when they are sore and sticky?
    Hope everyone has a good day. I am having a quieter one - husband and daughter are going to visit ky grandfather
  • Good call ByEck.......yeah that would be good too. Enjoy your quietish day...

• Thanks Franny. Good that you get away early today. I am off to try mine again in a bit.I got up late though as we were shattered after the visit to Mums. We had to sleep on the Settees and it was so uncomfy.I reckon we both just crashed out last night.

Thanks Jude. I know I am his Mum and I would say it but he is such a lovely little Lad. Hope your Little ones eyes get better soon.

Moooornin Loula.Glad you found your Top.*Thinks* Now you come to mention it......I have never seen that back of my Wardrobe either image.

Well a day of cleaning for me and shopping to get ready for my friend to come round with her new Fella.

I saw one of my oldest friends when we were up Mums who I met when I was just 16.I have not seen her for 5 years but we have mailed each other It was just as if we had never been apart.I would say that is the one thing I miss about being back home.

A.F I cant wait to see your convict piccies.Does that come with handcuffs image

Hi to everyone else.Hope you all have a good day.

• It's nice having a lower energy day. Hoping I will get out for a stretch of the legs when hubby gets home. Feeling excited and nervous about race on Saturday. Plan is to get round in one piece, probably fall over several times, run through the Ford rather than chicken out...
  • Ecky- I am not sure that I can were handcuffs & run....althougth I believe I have a pair somwhere. Bye the way those pictures are you are fab......no need to be a member of a slimming club anymore....unless youa re offering inspiration.

byeck-Hope you get an opportunity tp stretch your legs.What race are you doing on Saturday? Is it one of those Brutal ones that are up yur way? Enjoy!!!

Jude-Sorry about your littlle boy- hope is is ok?

Franny-Enjoy youyr shoter day.

LLB- I will try and post the pictures up nest week.

Did a 5.2 mile run this morning so 4 consecutive days of 5+ mile runs.....

Bye for now.......
  • Thanks A.F. Yeh I suppose I do just go to help others.I am worried about getting big again so it does keep me on track although I dont stick to it like I used to. Its Free when you hit target so thats good and I have made lots of lovely friends there.We have a right laugh so its kind of like a night out. Well done on your runs too AF.

Managed 5 miles of Muddy tracks. I went into a little woodland area just over from where we live.I dont do that route very often but I should as I really enjoyed it today.Its nice soft ground which I need for a bit. I have managed 16 miles this week which is good but I seem to have really slowed down with some splite being over 11min miles. I dont think the Booze is helping so after New Years eve I have decided to come off the Pop again.image.

• Does a pushchair walk count as X-training? It's ages since Moo and I have been well enough to go for a proper walk.
  • well done on getting  out for miles ecky...its so windy here and pouring with rain now! hoping ot warms up for weeend run..not sure which day to do long run...sat/sun or mon? image we are  at friends new years eve but only here in the village so can be home in few minutes. and wont be a wild party. am thinking that sunday(NYD) will be best day to run as less traffic and people still sleeping in  perhaps? image 

miss llb spent another day at her nanny and papas whilst i was at work, she did some crafts, made badges, went on moshi monsters and when i went to collect her she was on my dads exercise bike LOLimage

AF, did you say'handcuffs'................*thoughts shift to steve backshall for some reason'image

• Jude, how Is your little man? It's horrible when they have gunky eyes.
    Mine has managed a whole 10 days without needing to see a Dr.woo-hoo. I can certainlysee the difference in him, and anyone visiting can quite easily see he is feeling better. The living room resembles an explosion in a toy factory.

Ecky, is your garmin very easy to set up? I like using my phone but the battery life is rubbish
  • good afternoon allimage

Sorry to hear your boy's ill jude i had bacterial conjunctivitis about three years ago not nice and about a week to clear upimagewish him better

Good news about little by'eck feeling stronger  image

Out for a very wet 5 miles early this morning followed by a session at the gym then onto Brent Cross shopping centre for food and a calender and a mooch.

My garmin was very easy to set up and adapt for training runs and workouts.I like it lotsimageMy trainer at the gym wants me to put on the heart moniter next week and work out my runs using that.I havent used it yet.

I did see a pushchair online that you can run with. didnt look too safe to me thoughimage

just started to chuck it down here again hope its ok in the morning for another runimage

• I don't run with the pushchair! Far too unstable for that and this one has done thousands of miles. OH has a heart rate monitor, but it doesn't like.me because I have a very low resting rate.
    Planning on having a quick 45 minute shake down when oh and daughter get home. Do I need to start eating more carbs for Saturday? Eek! My parents are a bit bemused that I've used Christmas money to go splashing through mud and puddles
  • for a 10miler i think you will be ok with some porridge first thing by'eck and then  banana half hour prior..that should see you through just fineimage

phantom, sounds like a soggy runimage is very wet here too...work tomorrow for me whilst miss lb goes to the Ashmolean museum on Oxford and to spend a bit of her xmas money...she wants to see the Egyptian tombs againimage

• Thanks loula. How was work today? Still lots of antibiotics and cold treatments?
  • LLB- Naughty talk again- only two more days before your behaviour has too improve!!!!

Ecky- I know what you meant about weight- hate the ideas of being what I was -15 13. I was 10 7 before Christmas (although usually weigh about 10 9) & have eaten and drunk too much guess I will be in the reigon of 10 11 when I weigh myself next.Ususally weigh myeself on a Friday but will wait until next week. At least I have run everyday this week. How much did you lose in total?

Phantom-Well done on your wet and windy 5 miler. I was luck when I went out as it was probably the only dry part of the day.

• well done to those who are out running image

Byeck - it's really great to hear that your little boy is so much better. Sounds like you had a lovely walk too.

Ecky - lovely photo image

Loula - am impressed that your wardrobe gives you such a work out.image

Jude - how is your lad doing? How you manage to pack in so much to your day is beyond me!

Well, I had planned to rest a bit this week, but I've not run since Saturday image Still not feeling well enough. The weather is supposed to get colder tonight. The girls are, of course, hoping for snow, but I don't think it will.

• I've got another appointment with the Doctor to discuss this damn knee and I'm going to request to be referred for physio.  What they did last time obviously didn't work. image
  • HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Well the Griswald family Christmas is finally over image and now packing for Cornwall, very excited!!

Jude those cliquey ladies don't know what they're missing, their loss definitely!

Like phantom I did a very wet and windy 4 miles to the gym and then another 4 miles home image

I bought some minimalist running shoes yesterday (saucony kinvarna 2) with Christmas money image they're lovely but having run right miles in them today my Achilles is suffering A LOT!!! So going to have to back off and try easing into them, taking my regular Omni 10's to Cornwall as well as my Speedcross 2's to run the coastal paths in - should be a fun couple of days if the Achilles heals (pardon the pun!)

Chilli & Lou - well done you guys! I'm still keeping my options open by following the 50 mile per week training plan from Relentless Forward Progress, it's 24 weeks and so happens that Edinburgh weekend a 24 mile training run is required.... So I could just pretend that Edinburgh is my long run for that weekend

Still very much in two minds and need the family to commit on holiday dates first, I won't put running first, so it really depends in what they want to do

That's all for now folks

• hey gastank how did your amazing cooking display go?
  • Rr, that sounds like a plan. If your doc is not sympathetic or brushes you off, get an appt with another one.
    Didn't run tonight as the weather was looking dodgy
  • Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)
    LLB- Naughty talk again- only two more days before your behaviour has too improve!!

MOI???????image

.....gastank , if you are free in August then chili and i would be very glad of another CRAC team mate with usimage