Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• yes by'eck its really grotty here tooimage

RR i have always found that with sporting injuries in my athletic past image that my gp usually sent me to a physiopherapist.anywhoo wish your kneebone better.

• I normally will go out in wind and raisins but this looked evil.
  • yes really yucky out there anyone would think thats its winterimage
  • Phantom - went very well thanks! Must have been good since I didn't have ant leftovers!!! Must make more next year and hide it all!

The only thing we weren't keen on was the choccie dipping sauce for the waffles I made on Christmas morning but that was minor... And it wasn't that it didn't work out just we didn't like the taste that much - looked bl**dy great though image

• good for you mate and everybody else by the sound of itimage have a great time in cornwall.
  • Loula, how far are you hoping to build your mileage up to?
  • R.R  I would kick up a fuss if you dont get sorted out.

Hi Gastank.Mmmmm what you been making.

Hi Phantom.

Psssst Loula our now boss sounds a bit strict.We better get our Nortiness out before he really tells us off.

White Zinfandel anyone?

• The   Phantom wrote (see)
    yes really yucky out there anyone would think thats its winterimage

MMMMMMMMORRRRRRRRNINGGGGGG......image ...aw noooooo...is it winter then??? nobody told meimage.....no wonder i got strange looks wearing my bikini top to Tesco other dayimage..*goes to  my Narnia/loula  wardrobe to fling on woolies*...

gastank...nommy, i have eaten ALL the choccy dip...spesh nice with cheesy quavers dipped in....image

ecky ,,oo yes Boss2 sounds a bit severe..i got a time limit order of 2 days to get my act togevverimage..what act dyu fink he means???.....image..the pole dancing 'act 'with the snake-image..or a different kinda  'act'....*goes off pondering*....................

• by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    Loula, how far are you hoping to build your mileage up to?
    for the 50miler?..i will prob stick to the mara schedule using the weekday mileage the same as it fits my week well and will be easier in summer frm april onwards anyway, and thn do weekend back-to-back runs building up like maybe: 8/10....10/13.....13/15.....12/17....15/20....until on 20/26...may do longest run of 35 , maybe 40..and the last 10 miles on the day will be in the hands of the godsimage
  • basically i have had good advice that i need to get to the point where my recovery time from a marathon distance is pretty much instant. ie: next day am good to go again straight away with no muscle aches or fatigue....recovery time at the moment on 20miles is good. feel fine next day ...no crawling downstairs backwards yet thank goodnessimage....but im not being complacent...i could still hit a wall yet..........
  • Hi everyone. Did you all get some good sleep in ready for noo years?
    3 miles already done and dusted in prep for tomorrow.and they were 10mms!
    Amazing the difference when you run on proper roads!
    Loula, your wardrobe sounds amazing. My friend went all gok-like on me and sorted out a capsule wardrobe a few months after Moo was born because she was fed up with me slouching around in a too big cardie. Since I've been running I've lost more weight. Heaven knows what size i'll be in April! 4 months of lots of exercise and eating properly....
  • are you running today Phantom?image
  • by eck , thats brill !! go you! you are gonna be fine tomorrow-what time dyu start? i will be thinking of you -promise!!!image
  • Race starts at 9am. Hubby has just realised that means leaving about 7:30. Luckily, it's just the other side of our biggest town so not too far
  • woo hoo.....by'eck, i am digging out the new year cheerleading outfits in black n silver for the new year and your race !!!!!.........yay yay....c'mon Ecky and franny and chili......pyramid time.....*tries to do cartwheel and trips over long woolly scarf*image.....stoopid winter....
  • whih mile dyu require us at by'eck?  do you need me to place gastank, phantom and AF at certain points flexing biceps to spur you on...?image
  • Mile 3 will be a good point to put the boys (don't tell them it's where we Ford the stream!) Make sure they wear cheap white t-shirts that go see through when wet image
    The CRACers cheerleading team will be much appreciated at mile 8 when the hills and mud will have taken their toll on my little leggies. If I get to the end there will be hot tea and mince pies image
  • Good morning all!

Ooo By'Eck you must be excited!  You'll be brilliant mate!

Gastank - good to hear you had a lovely Christmas.  Have a great time in Cornwall.

Loula - back to back long runs!  Sounds very intense!  I'm sure you'll be ready.

Hi to everyone else!

I did a short run with hubby last night - just over 3 miles.  It was really cold and he didn't have his gloves and he said his hands were becoming painful by the end.  He is doing really well though. 

My Turkish class was cancelled after all (because of new year) so I went home and got to see little one before bedtime.  He is already much better.  Those eye drops are very fast working, aren't they?  Doctor said to keep him off school until next week though, because it's very contagious, so hubby dropped off his friends presents at school yesterday afternoon. 

Gotta go now and invigilate an exam. BFN 

I'm planning a long run for tomorrow (16 miles according to my schedule - actually I was meant to do it last week).  I'm telling you all so that I feel I have to finishimage, otherwise I might just give up like last week.image

• Good Morning...

Jude...Glad little lad is feeling better and that the drops are working well.You will manage your 16miles no problem......don't give up now......

Loula....Cheerleeding costumes sound fabby.....its been a while since we done cartwheels etc for a race.....gettin all excited now..must go practise some spins...............

ByEck, You will be great at your race tomorrow...........you getting all excited???? As for the garmin...i have the same one as Ecky and its very simple to set up that even i could do it and is very easy to upload on to garmin connect too.....Its one of the simplist gps garmins to use and is not too complicated...It all depends what you want though as some of the other models have fancy funtions for intervals and virtual partner training etc.

AF...you looking forward to your race too? When is it?

Hi Phantom, Gastank,Chilli,Ecky and all...............Have a good day everyone..............

• good morning gangimage

Yep Loula 5 miles just done.A bit painful and sweaty but that is my quite a lot of runnies in the last few days for meimage

Have a great am guys

• Afternoon all,

Chilli-Hope you are feeling better?

Phantom-Well done on your 2 x 4 mile runs.These minamilistic shoes fascinate me,but, I think I would struggle in them as I beleive it takes a lot of time to get used to them-I am very impatient! Enjoy Cornwall- I have been several times when I was a lardy boy & would love to go back and run around the coastal paths.

Ecky-You have plenty of time to go wild before New Years Day to go wild.image

LLB- Pole dancing wouldn't be classified as poor behaviour!image 

byeck-Where is you race? Good luck I will be there in my mankini!

Jude-Well done for your run with your hubby- it must be nice to run with yout other half.

Franny-My race is 11.00am on New Years Day- you wild naughty ladies could come along straight from trashing half of the UK! image

Did my final club run of the year- indeed my final run of the year- and did 7.2 miles so 30.7 for the week so far with my race on Sunday to come. I think it is about 12K.

Did my best mileage of 143.2 miles in December and am pleased to confirm 2011 total mileage was 1461.82 miles!

Have a great day......  

• Wow!  Great mileage AF!  I'll know my total for the year after tomorrow's run but it should be about 900 miles.  My best mileage was in July  - 130 miles, in spite of the heat.(No school and Ramadan hadn't started yet.)  My worst was last January - 48 miles.  I'll aim for 1000 miles next year.
  • aqfternoon all.....glad to hear i wont be in AFs naughty books for pole dancing thenimage...thats mega mileage boss*bows*...mine was about same as judes i think going by the nike...will aim for more in 2012....erm, whos typing the new thread title out today or tomorrow then?? boss? you doing the new year honours?image

phantom, well done on going out today, it was really yucky weather, still is here. i had one of the calmest days at work for months , was very nice to work at normal pace for a changeimage

early night for me tonight , i was curled up with Mr Karnaze last night

• I think the honour of typing out the new thread should be the originator of this thread so my vote goes to Chilli.
  • +1  vote from me....image
  • AF, i have your flimsy , white , NON -waterproof t-shirts for you -as requested by by'eckimage
  • Afternoon All,

Wow AF....fantastic mileage for the year........I ain't got a clue what mine is probs about 1200 ish...don't always take me watch wiv me on all runs and then forget to log what miles i had run...will do better wiv that next year....

Loula........curled up wiv Mr Karnaze.....mmmm...nice....image

Good luck AF in your race and you too BYEck for tomorrow.....

• Oh and plus 1 vote from me for Chilli..

So thats 3 votes for Chilli.....................image

• +1 for chilli from not so sunny Cornwall! (chilli always gets my vote)

AF - fab mileage just amazing!!!

Lou - don't forget to send my t shirt to Cornwall! What time will I be required need to get in a pre workout to maximise impact!