Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• thanks everyone

just done second lot of ice on the really sore bit

ST/Ali hope I find you at the start on Sunday to wish you goodluck

• MC - it sounds like you should be resting up tomorrow as well ... all day, I mean. Either that or sit down a lot at work ...?

• mathschick as you know from my self deification I'm rubbish at running wasn't always the case. Done 37 marathons now and never trained in the week up to the marathon for any of them. Know you have voices in your head right now say I mush to this or that. Ignore them you won't get any better in a week and might make yourself considerably worse for doing it.

Taper chuck strap yourself into your armchair and take it easy niggle or no niggle. Rest up you've earnt it.

• brit - I think you were right. I have been to work, and as I am a teacher it is difficult to sit down much. I can barely bend my knee now and driving home was so painful everytime I had to use the clutch. Had to get OH to come out and help me get out of the car. SO now on the sofa, ice done and I will do more ice later. Think I might have to stay home tomorrow.

wow cake - 37 marathons!

well I have a physio appt tomorrow and may have to get someone to drive me there, or if it is still very bad may go to the GP. Can't take ibuprofen and don't think paracetamol will do much, It doesn't hurt if I don't moveimage

• Maths there is a very boring story about this that would send you to sleep but I’ve got to do 100 marathons wearing a dodgy t-shirt for a bet. I’m behind sequel at the moment. Once I’ve done it I’m getting a 100 club t-shirt and burning the one I have. image

• the story might not bore me, but that is an amazing goal!

• oh, and a pic of the dodgy t-shirt would be goodimage

• Don't have one handy but there are a few on farsebook if your on there. When I was a student I once met a very boring person at the GNR and as I was full of it at the time and still in my teen's I through all runners where like that basically. After a few beers and a curry at the local curry house me and some friends decided that I would form my own running club of one and get in the 100 club that way. (people are cocky when young).

Tony who was the owner of the curry house sponsored the uni sports clubs for football and stuff at the time so gave me a t-shirt and said the meal and drinks where on him as long as I used it. So when ever I'm doing a marathon I always wear a balti king sheffield t-shirt as part of a bet I had with a mate nicky that I wouldn't do it. Not even any money involved just for pride. For those who have me on facebook even through I don't use it very much these days if you see a number as my status that's what it is, to let the other person know. Next time it's going to be 38.

image Told you it was boring and slightly sad. I'm a grown man now. image

• haha a good story though cake!

• Afraid not old boy at the moment it's going to be London but if I can see a checky one early next year might make that 39. Should be getting the number up a far bit next autumn so might join you for rutland in 2013

• have you got some in the planning stage for next year?

• Lol might just of finished it by thenimage
  • Blimey Cake, you dont do things by halves... Keep us updated.

ST - you're gonna be grand, confidence. 

Managed gym session Monday and a 20 min walk/run yesterday. Only problem is I now cant move my arms, bloomin personal trainer. Gonna struggle at work today. Started weightwatchers Mon - must be said I'm starving! 

• Oh dear work colleague has a very bad cold and I appear to be catching it. Have a bottle of that first defense stuff so really hope it works.

• Get the lempsips down you...

• mathschick wrote (see)

have you got some in the planning stage for next year?

Only one for defenent is liverpool marathon assuming it's on. The organiser is on the threads a bit so known him for years and the race itself is very well supported so great fun.

There is man flu on the threads? image *run's away*

• Yeah little kids got it and now wife says she's got it image no run for two weeks now image infact no exercise lol so well rested imageimage
  • ST/Ali - stay away from those bugs!

well, got my dad to take me to the minor injuries unti this morning and they say it is probably cartilage damage and I am to stay off work for 2 weeks, not allowed to put weight on it, and am on crutches. Using crutches is hard work on my right leg is going to be so strong..

probably won't make it down to rutland to see the start at all - have told OH there is no pleasure in going to stay in a hotel when I am in so much painimage

just got to make sure I recover in time to train for outlaw half

• Mc - Ouch stay home and stay warm that sounds very painful. Hope it heals quickly now you've got a decent diagnosis. 

• MC speedy recovery image if you get bored and want to see me finish then bring a touchimageimage

AliBear just you and me then so not so much to bring for that picnic at mile 15imageimage you got family going? I'm all on my own image boys have Judo tournament so wife going to watch them in side in the warm.
  • I'm luck hubbys coming with me although whether I'll see him on the course is debatable. I notice the recommend spectating from the Horse and Groom pub so there is a chance! Really pleased he's coming as it's a 2.5hr drive home again and I'm not sure I could manage that.

• I'm bout 1hr half away so could also be long drive home lol booked Monday off thoughimage mmmmmm Hourse and Groom sounds good might have to spectate instead lol
  • MC Oh mate rest up and get ready for war later with the outlaw half. (((((((big hugs)))))))

• ST - just don't stop off half way for a pint! You'll never finish.

I reckon even if I can't do much till xmas I should be ok to get round the outlaw half - do you think??

me and a friend who has just had surgery for breast cancer have entered dambuster together so would be really gutted not to be able to do that with her. it is 22 June.

not going to pay  for any more entries till I am sorted though

• I might do an Eddie Izzard Marrafun image pint ice cream a chat a walk a jog 12 hrs nice one image
  • Maths I've never done a half ironman persifice plan but in the middle of reading up on one because of a forumite asking for some advice on it and from what i can tell you will be cool starting from scratch come the new year. Might be worth treating this as a opertunity and getting realy good at swimming over the next couple of months.

• thanks cake, yeah, as soon as I can get mobile again I will start with the swimming

think my right buttock is going to get very strong - I haven't really moved around much but it is aching already!

• Poor you - was on crutches for 6 wks a couple of years back so I sympathise - but hey, guilt-free time off work!! Pity Wimbledon and the Olympics have finished!!

No worries about next year - you won't lose all the work for Rutland - just take it easy, and watch out for smooth floors with wet patches ... Also - I found my cycling gloves really helped when your hands are sore
  • brit - thanks. Someone else said cycling gloves,

I have a backpack for transporting stuff from the kitchen to the sofa, and need to wash out a flask so I can transport coffee through too