Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Aw Paddy, sorry to hear that. Sure the massage will iron out the niggles! Good to hear the swimming coming on. Be interesting to see how your view of June changes as you progress.
    Well, 30min turbo done. Off to work shortly, tired already. Doesn't bode well. How was your turbo this morning Maths?

• Options

image Hello MrsD and (((hugs))) to paddy.

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Nice one Cake. CW is my new favourite insultimage. Good news at last Steady!

An easy 10km run this evening. It's been a long few days for work. Pondered on which Pirates I was passing as I drove up and down the M1.I had a nice swim yesterday in the hotel though.

I also now know where the Rother Valley tri will be; a looong way from home.

Enjoy the morning turbo MC!

Rother Valley is very near (well about 18 miles away) from Cakebook manor if you want a spare bed for the night mate your more than welcome. Are you by any chance up north at the moment? If yes and anywhere near RV fancy tea or are you on a works jolly.

• Options

Thanks Cake; you should be careful making offers like that....mind you, I'm sure I can repay in black stuff! Luckily I'm back Sarf now; drove back yesterday, in to wind all the way. Shame, otherwise I would have popped in.

It was odd actually, the last time I drove up the M1 was for the Outlaw, and the time before that (Oct11) was when I accidently popped in to PlanetX and accidently bought a TT bike accidently. For some reason the kids seats were accidently left at home on that trip, accidently. I didn't realise how close Nottingham is to you guys.

• Options

I have done 30 min turbo session, concentrating on all the things fizz told me to concentrate on, hard work but still a steady pedal.
    I plan on swimming then going to the Runnning Show at Esher tomorrow, hope its better than the cycle show they had on the same day as a sportive back in the summer.

Highlight of the weekend will be meeting Dustboy and others for a flatish ride around the Surrey lanes for a couple of hours, unless the weather is too bad, in which case I will turbo in the garage.

• Options

paddy - hope the massage sorted you out

MrsD - oops, opted for bed instead of turbo - just feeling a bit knackered cos I am back at work, I thought I might be able to fit something in this evening, but have one of the kids' friends round for tea then I have to take him home.

well, good session planned for tomorrow morning in the gym, and as I have to drop eldest boy off next door to the gym at 9, then nothing will prevent me goingimage

• Options

Steady Can I ask a favour from you can you give dustboy a big hug and a kiss from me please. image

Cat Nottingham is easy from our end even been know to head there on a bike just to meet mate's and get some training in at the same time. Sadly this normally involves going nearer to Rotherham than it's safe to do so through.

• Options

Cake, your hugs are legendry, it will be a pleasure to pass one on.image

• Options

Typical, I got the top of the page.image

• Options

Evening everyone

Sorry I've been awol for a while. But very good to hear that you are mended Steady and back to training. And that MC is kind of mended and back to work. And very sorry that Paddy is now broken image

Had a great week of base training last week, but hardly done any this wekk due to sore throat, too much work, too little sleep and a Thanksgiving Turkey dinner for 15 yesterday! Plenty of home made pumpkin pie left if you want some.

Am looking forward to parkrun with my daughters in the morning and hopefully will be back to training next week.

Have a great weekend image

• Options

I haven't had pumpkin pie since I was a child, didnot really care for it, but carving the pumpkin for halloween was fun, the family grew pumpkins and marrows along with plenty of other fruit and veg on an allotment.

Enjoy parkrun, think my news years resolution may be to do at least one parkrun.

• Options

I have never had pumpkin pie! We used to carve turnips when I was a kid - we used to have a trip to a local farmer's field with school, pick turnips and carve them. 

/members/images/624201/Gallery/halloween.jpg

• Options

finally got my speed cadence sensor mounted on my bike - much easier than I thought. Only one problem when OH put the cable tie round the spoke as well as through the cadence sensor, oops - good job there was an extra ceble tie in the boximage

all ready for a turbo sufferfest tomorrow morning

• Options

My cadence sensor worked last weekend, although giving some dodgy readings, but on Friday it did not work at all. Will have to check it out again.

I went ot the running show but only bought some gels, nearly purchased a backpack but  decided I did not need another bag. Oh dear that makes me sound like I am a bag lady.

• Options

steady - have the magnet shifted a bit?

• Options

Looks like the magnet is OK, but will try resetting it.
    I am due to go for a ride tomorrow with Dustboy and some others, but putting off decision as to which bike to take, hybrid or road bike; hybrid will need tyres pumping up and quick check it goes inside the car OK, the road bike is on the turbo and I will have to change the wheel over but has slick tyres.

• Options

Road bike CJ out of preference. I have just recced part of it and apart from a bit of standing water here and there, it's not too bad. Suggest around 90-100 psi rather than race hard though on the tyres.

I was at the running show too this arvo!

• Options

OK, then I had better get the bike off the turbo and the wheel swapped over.
    Running show was alright but prefer the Tri show in the spring, much more to buy then.

• Options

Wheel changed over in less than 10 minutes and pumped up tyres. Well I went for 100psi, but getting the connector bit off always results in air loss, sometimes so much I have to start all over again. I will put the bike in the car in the morning.

• Options

Enjoy tomorrow. Just shy of 60km today in the pissing rain. Got home and drained my gloves out. The group had a persistant puncture that resulted in 3 stops and alot of cold people.

• Options

urgh, what a horrid time IronCat, hope you have dried out and looking forward to XC in the morning.

• Options

morning all

did my first sufferfest this morning, brilliantimage

I wondered why it wasn't showing the speed, it was only at the end of the session I realised I hadn't pressed the start button. DOHimage

oh well, it was a bloody good workout, might ask OH to sort out all the rest of the sufferfest videos for xmas for me, 

• Options

Well done Mathschick, I enjoyed my ride with Dustboy, he talked me up the hills and we all enjoyed the downhill bits. The sun shone whilst we cycled but rained on my way home.  20 miles in less than 2 hours.
    Washed the bike and now set back up on the turbo where it will stay for a few months now.

• Options
    Ran with Horse this morning, just under 6 miles avg pace 9.31m/mi. Felt really good so pushed on a bit with a couple of sub 9s much to Horse's annoyance as he was struggling a bit.image threw a few intervals in to really piss him off image all in all a good day for me and now feel I'm not far off from where I was last May.
  • Options

8.5km (5.3mi) XC run today in the league. Horrendous conditions; waterlogged, and deep deep deep puddles.

Nice run Razor - don't go pushing it too much though (even if you do beat H!). A nice ride Steady, and a good turbo MC!

My kit is still damp from yesterday's bike. image

• Options

Massage and a couple of days rest did the trick with the shoulder.  Total 1600m in the pool this morning, including a huge (for me) 150m non-stop.  I could only swim 25m 6 weeks ago.  I'm made up with the progress.  Shows what a little coaching can do.  Wish I'd done this years ago.

175m on Tuesday.  Baby steps.  image

• Options

Don't know how you faced running in that weather today IC.  It was horrible.  Well done on getting stuck in though.

• Options

It's easy training - you're having so much fun you don't notice the hurt. And the sun was out briefly, and no rain during the race either!

• Options

image Paddy nice one. image

Maths when was that picture taken? You havn't changed much since then.