Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Just flurries here as well. Was worried about wind forecast so decided to bike/train it to work. One bit was uphill to headwind, didn't like that at all!! Ankle still not quite right but might have to play this Sunday. Thankfully, that'll be the end of season. BF will kill me though if I injure it further and am bit worried about that. Fingers crossed. Probably bike to work tomorrow as well.

• Options

It was -10degC this morning when I got up.  I think it got above freezing for my lunch time cycle which seemed to be constantly in to a icy head wind so I can't be sure. We did have an inch of snow on Sunday, but it wasn't anything to worry about.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Very cold and windy here. Will not be doing my early morning run 'cos I am a wimp.

• Options

Swam tonight. Always hurts as I don't do enough but the focus is on the bike/run thing at the moment. 2200m in ~50 minutes including drills. 200m efforts tonight.

• Options

had quite a lot of snow yesterday, and more has appeared overnight again.

swam last night, had to use a pull buoy most of the time as my knee was soreimage did mean I could keep up with people I normally can't thoughimage. When I saw what you had done cat, I thought 'wish I could swim that fast' then realised I had done 2000m in 55 minutes, so I am not really that far behindimage

I did have my mri on Sunday so just waiting now to get a clinic appointment to find out what is going on in there!

• Options

Well done MC - I find that with swimming - even though I hadn't finished last night's set I was only 400m short of target, and they're high targets.

I hope the MRI tells you what you need to know, whatever that may be!

Nice sunny day here.

• Options

Got bollocked by the chiro for going out on the bike. LOL. Apparently, I should stay on the turbo for the moment, but at least I can go up to an hour now. Got a couple of new DVDs to watch anyway.

• Options

That's what Chiro's and physio's are for keeping us on the straight and narrow. Then we without doubt rebel against their authority. 
    Hope the MRI brings you closer to solving the knee problem MC... 
    Top swimming Mr Cat and MC, can't wait for the day the swimming feels easier.
    Must admit Steady and Chili I'm running and turboeing rather than braving the wind chill. 
    Look after yourself Mikasa, no more oint laying yourself off for longer!

• Options

Well done to Pete and Mikasa for cycling outside.

Cat and MC sounds like some good swimming there.

DB - opps! But isn't it nice to know you can do it?image

MrsD and Steady - I think I would be turboing if I had one set up

1 mile swim today

• Options

I shall turbo tonight too. Probably TrainerRoad's Gray - which is 2 x 20 minutes, each at the effort you could maintain for an hour. Very scientific! I'll probably do a 2km run afterwards.

• Options

decided to have a rest day today, was going to go to the gym but I am tired and my right hip is feeling a bit tight, so foam roller it isimage

• Options

Well I would like to be able to declare that I had a great bike ride but things didn't quite go as I expected.

I went out this morning with my cycling group of retired gentlemen and decided that since I can do 25+ miles now I would join the moderate group. They were doing country roads with hills. I couldn't keep up image They were on mountain bikes, I was on a hybrid  and they are all aged 60/70 and far fitter and faster than me. So I left them and made my way home. Only did 15 miles and am exhaustedimage. I did get up to 29mph on a downhill bit though image but had to walk twice up very steep bits image. Sun was shining and it was beautiful image then is snowed image. The flask of coffee and snickers bar whilst sitting under tree was nice image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

At least you tried Chili. And that's still a good ride.

• Options

chili - that's still a good ride, so don't worry about it. The 70 year olds at my running club go faster than I do, too. Just hope I can still run when I am 70!

seem to be on a second rest day, ooops. Might try and turbo later if I get time, but to be honest I am tired so may just leave it and resume tomorrow. 

• Options

Don't regret the workouts you did. Regret the ones you didn't.

I changed my mind about last night's turbo. I still turboed, but did a power test to see if i had improved since Jan. I have image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Well done Chili, I seem to have joined MC on the rest day. All week work training in central London is tiring me out.

I get lots of people passing me both on the bike and run especially 70 year olds.

• Options

steady - glad I am not the only one needing rest! Have baked some nice muffins though, full of bananas, sultanas and applesimage

• Options

mmmmm Muffins! 

• Options

Nomnomnom.

Track session tonight!

• Options

So, had a good week. Played with sufferfest which I have decided is an appropriate name. Run well, only 3mile but managing under 11min/miles now. Swim improving. Now on nasty nights so have crammed the week in so can use Sat and Sun as rest days. Bike tonight and swim after work tomorrow. If I miss the swim not too concerned. Have a good weekend peeps..!

• Options

ok, stopped having too many rest days and did a sufferfest this morning, short treadmill run/walk after work and a strength/core session too

all these rest days remind me of Silver Trucker - what has happened to him??

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Yes I wonder what happen to ST. I'm not doing much but like to see what others on this thread are up to. 

Ankle is still not 100% so haven't tried to run yet, been walking every night though for about an hour to strenghten it. Have tomorrow off so might go cycling  or swimming or both or neither...we'll see.

• Options

Well done MC. And welldone Mikasa for the long walks.

I miss ST too.

Well, I have some disappointing news. Have been to hospital for a gynea appointment. I will not go into details but treatment + emotionaly and mentally getting my head round it means I've decided not to do the Outlaw Half triathlon image I can still train but not able to push the mileage up as I need to. August marathon is temporary on hold too.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Oh Chili - sorry to hear that, you've been training so hard..But health is definitely more important and there will be other half IMs. Keep at it though. (((hugs)))

• Options

(((Chili)))

Puts the whinge I was going to have about calf cramp in to perspective. Heal well, heal strong.

Mrd D and MC, which Sufferfests did you do? Tonight I did There Is No Try and it was the last interval that caused my LH calf to lock solid. But in deference to Chili I'm manning up now.

Keep the swimming/cycling up Mikasa. Can you tape your ankle up?

Haven't seen ST round these parts for ages.

• Options

Hey Chili,

I too will stop complaining about how my knee hurts...hope everything goes well...at least now with no pressure to up the milage you can enjoy your trainingimage

• Options

Lol! Thanks for the hugs but calf cramp hurts too! Ouch. Hope all the pains goes away.

Yes, Pete I do enjoy my training and with the pressure off I will be able to enjoy the cycling more along the canal. Am hoping I might be able to find a standard tri for our holiday so that the training I have done doesn't go to waste. We'll see. Yesterday was a difficult day but I quickly get bored of feeling miz so will be bouncing around again soon image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

(Chili), at least you can carry on training.

I have survived a whole week of commuting into London Bridge and learning masses of new stuff for new system at work. Brain is frazzled, I have been getting home feeling so tired and not done much at all, just one pilates session.

Aiming for swim in the morning, a shortish turbo then I have a sports massage booked.

• Options

(((chili)))

cat - i have all of the sufferfestsimage yesterday I did A very Dark PLace, this morning I did downward spiral, which I think is my favourite, really enjoy doing them. I have got the newst too (mother's day presentimage) blender - which is 100 minutes long, did it on Sunday and very doable.

Not sure I push quite hard enough on the hard bits, but I have noticed my legs are definitely getting more toned and you can almost see a quad muscle beneath the flab

have also been to the gym for an hour's walk/run on the treadmill. The running bits are going too well, but if I can at least keep doing a few minutes of running every now and again it won't be too much of a shock to my body when I can start again properly

• Options

Those sufferfests sound awful! I'm sure you work much harder than I do when cycling around Lee Valley Park.

LSR of 10 miles in rain and wind with my gorgeous No 2 daughter on her bike. image Am race director at parkrun tomorrow so won't be running.