Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• My favourite Aquathalon(er) in the world!  ... AND the most beautiful too!  (Notice our big girl trying to keep up on the right side) Number 77 in honour of how many years it's taken for a man to win Wimbledon again.  ... okay, not really. image

/members/images/728570/Gallery/RW1_0.jpg

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Well done Chili glad it went well and you enjoyed it! 

MC you're making me crave the Ben and Jerry's I know is still hidden in my freezer!

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done chili - your kids are going to love it!

• JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭

Hey!!!! Looking for some motivation.... heard about Outlaw.... remembering how excited I was by it all two years ago........ TWO YEARS?!?! Time flies. I bet Mini Chilis are registering for University or something, are they????

Miss you all x x 

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Woop woop! I went to scout a new bike route after work. Thought it was going to be about 17 miles and that it would be just perfect. Thought I knew whereabouts I was going to start off with but missed my first 'unknown' turning with about a mile. Lots of stopping to check route but it was a lovely route, pretty flat and mostly on quiet country lanes. However, it ended being 24 miles and the last 4  I was feeling bit hungry. Very please though I got myself out there and enjoyed it. Took me 2hrs 5mins  so slow but who cares. image

Well done Chili with your aquathlon! Nice of you to stop and help a woman in distress.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Hey JEvans, where have you been hiding?

• JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭

In a hole of liberty - but they don't do much running there. Grotty showers put me off initially, then cold weather, then lack of motivation, and now its all a mind game to be able to get back up to 6+ mile training runs. Expanding waistline is yelling at me to pull myself together, so tomorrow is Day 3 of Back To It. Starting with a 3 mile run every day for a week. Got to start somewhere.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I must be bit tired after my bike ride, in a hole of liberty???

• Where's that when it's at home JEvans?  image Short run this morning - gentle on the foot uphill.  Rest week this week so nothing too testing.  Well done Chili and Mikasa! Love that action shot Mr Chili!

HI Jevans, good ot hear from you again

well done on the bike mikasa, that tends to be my average speed when I am tootling about, although I am am quicker when I am actually doing a tri. Either slept through the alarm or turned it off in my sleep this morning, so my turbo session will be this evening, OH will be out with one kid so I will have to be at home with the other, but he will play happily while I turbo.

I need some kind of strategy to get my biking up to scratch for the wild boar, and I have a 2 week holiday in Spain with no bike coming up, and a sprint tri on the 21st which means no long bike that weekend.

So definitely a long ride this Sunday outdoors and lots of early morning turbo sessions I think, when in Spain I can get a few run/walks in. And definitely lots of mountain walking with the family, although I am sure it was mountain walking that buggered my knee last year!

Mrs Digger - I have put your name on the list for outlaw 2014 as part of our relay teamimage  - on the outlaw 2014 thread

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Maths, I wish I had been pootling... Well, I wasn't goig flat out either. It is what it.

• Hey Jevans! So good to have you back with us image. You'll soon get your mileage back up.

Mikasa sounds a great bike ride and that is pretty good speed in my books.

MC & Buttercup signing up for the Outlaw already? image Mmmm, wonder if I can find a place in a team again. It was a fabulous weekend last year.

Well, my times from yesterday were very slow (as usual). Swim 12:17 for 500m Run 29:53 for 5.5k. But I was 7th out of 16 ladies image And gives me something to beat next month. I'm a bit nervous of the swim so I tend to hold back so I don't bump anyone, but maybe I just need to plow through it.

• image JEvans Ay up mate how you doing? If it's any help I think I might have a bigger waist line than you at the moment. image

You know the drill mate pick a daft race to do and share stupid jokes with the rest of use for motivation.

Chilli well done kiddo. image

chili - well doneimage I bet if you wander over to the outlaw 2014 thread and offer yourself for a team there will be others that would want to team up with you

• Mrs D and MC how does 'The Dread Pirates' grab you?

sounds good to me buttercupimage

I am struggling to keep up with all the outlaw reports, I keep reading and reading then when I think I am getting near to the end of the thread I realise there have been loads more posts while I have been reading. Loving all the reports though - back to reading them!

• What about 'The Eternal Optimists'? 

• image I'm slow it took me a while to get past who's Hugh Jass when he's at home image I'm just pretty and like shiney things!

• Sounds great fun image

Today's training was a bike ride. Had planned to do it this evening after making dinner. But my No.3 girl asked if she could come too. Lovely 2 hours slowly peddingly in the sunshine with my daughter. image

• I also seem to spending a lot of time reading Outlaw reports instead of working!

• Aw Chili, so lovely that you and th girls are enjoying so much. Makes me smile every time. Top pic and I can guarantee someone would snap you up for Outlaw again!

so, we going with Hugh Jass's Ladies or what image

went out to South Cerney and dipped a toe in with Scmunks on Tues. Crazy warm water! So many people there got batted a couple of times. 

Pootle out last night for 45mins. A lot of sweating involved. But really enjoyed. Have no idea if gonna make it round the Olympic in 3 weeks. 

• Razor - are you out there?

MrsD - which oly are you doing?

I managed to get myself out of bed for a run with hill reps. Must have worked hard because the 2 miles home from the hill involved a lot of walking.

Got lods of work to do but finding avoidance tactics - I am writing tests for next year and it is boringimage, trying to keep away from the outlaw thread and the race reports while I am at school though or I will get nothing home!

• MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Razor - are you out there?

If I was razor I would be taking a well earned brake and just be sitting in the back garden in a paddleing pool drinking single malt. Afraid I'm sure that's not what he's doing as spoke to him monday and he has a big job on this week fitting kitchen's in a block of flat's poor lad must be knackered. image

• Am doing a local one, at South Cerney Maths. Lake Logic on 3rd August. Bit worried bout it now if honest. 

I wouldn't blame him either Cake. Just realised did I miss out on the Malt?

• Afraid so chuck had some jura in the tent and everything. Sarah got me a bottle of superistition as a well done as well. Will have to save it for the boar or something for you kiddo. image

• Aw dag nammit! The Boar it is... Mmm Jura! That Sarah is truly smashing to you image