Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

emsi, if it is a sprint and a women's only one you will be fine, it will be a friendly atmosphere and there will be loads of first timers. Start chatting to people when you are racking your bike. Make sure you drink plenty in this heat

well done on the bike MrsD - how long are your long bike rides at the moment?

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

You all have very exciting plans! I can't even start to think about anything like that but will be getting ready for next year. 

Car is all packed up for our mtb trip to the Alps. Alarm is going off 2.30am image. The Tour is going to Lyon tomorrow, unfortunately we'll arrive there way too late. You all have a good week's training now.

• Embarrassingly 25miles longest. My friend is pushing me because my confidence is shocking. im a short fat chick who's building gradually! 

mikasa - have a great time!

MrsD - that is enough to get you round your oly

I am not sure what has happened with me and my bike this year, over winter I turboed, spring never really came but I did get out on it and did up to 40 miles and conquered the drinking on the bike and eating (well, having a gel or two, haven't tried unwrapping malt loaf or anything complicated like that), so I am really pleased with that. Seems though that I have got used to the turbo - and I love the turbo - and found I haven't been outside that much. I am almost a bit scared now of it, which is strange because I never was last year even when I was new to the bike and the clip-in shoes. I just need to get out on it more really I know what the answer is

oh, and MrsD I don't think you can call yourself fat!!

• Wow Mikasa sounds like lots of fun - meanwhile plan for the weekend is a day with hubby tomorrow and long bike ride on Sunday - I need to blow the cobwebs out a bit image

Mrs D I started biking again in 2011 having not biked since I was 18 - my backside did not love me for a long time image building gradually is a good thing image

• Fair play Mikasa that sounds rocking, have a top time. 

Maths - you should be very proud of the progression you've made. Sometimes it takes someone with you to focus on rather than the traffic. Made a real difference for me tonight. You have time now to build confidence again. 

Ok so 2 years ago now I had cancer and had a hysterectomy. I put on about 3 and a half Stone. I have had health complications since which often interferes with my training. I continue on often against advice but struggle to shift the weight. OH and I trying to lose weight together now which helps. I kinda have to name and shame myself to motivate. I appreciate I am not morbidly obese but heavy for me. It's my main focus over the winter to get LEAN! image

• Buttercup, you're our biking queen remember!

• Have a great time Mikasa

Welcome back AliBear. It's a bit too soon for me to make a decision about the Outlaw relay but I really enjoyed doing it last year and would consider it for next.

Cake  - I found your report image well done to you and sarah.

Just back from a 3hr run. Sounds very wussy to complain after what the amazing Pirates did on Sunday, but it was far too hot. And my feet sweated and I have my first blisters in over a year image Didn't really enjoy it much which isn't like me at all.

• Wow, MrsD - hats off to you! And I whimper about my minor gyne issues.

Have you looked at this eating lifestyle? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2FvFB366r

I didn't want to lose much, but having reached my mid 30's was slowly putting on weight no matter what i tried. This took me back down to my ideal weight. My mother lost nearly 2 stone in 3 months and looks and feels fantastic. I do need to eat a bit of grain based food for doing endurance, but no where near what I was eating previously when all my meals were based around starch/grains.

• Top running Chili, although the blisters sound a proper bummer! Have you got some corn plasters for them? 

Thanks for the link will have a gander! You're right though - its too damned hot! 

• Mrs D - I was about 84ish kgs when i started biking & doing strength sessions and eating a paleoesque type diet - I'm now about 59 - I put on about a kg since I started doing the tri training, dropping the body pump classes and eating more grains than I should.  After The Wild Boar I'm going to make a concerted effort to build up the lean muscle again and down to about 54ish image 

• We're gonna b some hot chicks by next year!

• Or, not so Hugh Jass's Lasses! 

I need to lose weight too. Heaviest I have been was about 17 stone when I had my first child (he is 12 now), got down to 10 stone, had another and went up to 14 stone. Now I am about 11 and a half, but would like to be nearer 10. 

Must have been tough MrsD, hopefully doing the training and keeping the weight off will help keep you healthy

right, bed timeimage

buttercup - I quite like the idea of going to the swim squad - maybe I could try from september and see how it pans out. It is at least an hour's drive but I am hoping a few months might drastically improve my swim technique. 

so I have tried filling in the 'sign up' form on the web page but it just seems to get stuckimage off to park run and swim, so will maybe try emailing him later

so I emailed and he has emailed back to say there is space for me on the Thursday sessions and it has been agreed with OHimage

• Yayayay - I should email him too image 

• Go on girlies, swimming fest!

well, too hot for anything really. Have BBQ tonight so sorting garden. Need to run a bit later... But not looking forward to it. I don't do heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oh Chili, never underestimate the affect of 'problems'! None are minor for you! Hope you get them sorted! 

• OMG it's hot! Seriously melting here - wish I had a pool in the backyard!

this heat is awful, been to the hairdresser which didn't have air con and I was melting

• JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭

I forgot how quickly this thread moves!

My hole of liberty was the realisation that I didn't have to run 18 miles if I didn't want to. And since I really wasn't enjoying 18-milers at the time, I stopped. I felt liberated... but fell into a black hole of reduced running and am still trying to clamber out. I've managed 4x 3 milers this week, which is much improved from previous weeks. I've been prioritising work too much over the last few months and need to reclaim my morning running! 

I'm swimming once a week too and have been trying to yoga. but that's gone down the pan a bit cos we're having some work done to the house and everything is a bit up in the air and we're in B&Q almost every spare minute.

I'll try an catch up and get motivated!

morning all

well, embarrassed because I didn't get up and go out on the bike, combination of feeling tired and having a busy day ahead. But bike is ready for going outside, and I must before next Sunday (Woodhall Spa tri) so tomorrow morning I will go for a quick ride and include some small hills.

• Morning.

I keep posing but they keep dissapearing. Hayfever became summer cold. Slept 11 hours last night, plus 1 hr early evening image

Welcome back JEvans!

• Had a good day yesterday cycled 20 miles to Mkt Bosworth, swam 2k then cycled back, very hot on the way back as its more up hill than down but beat my usual time by 4 mins, rest day today.

IronCat, sorry to hear about the hayfever/cold, my sister gets hayfever really bad, so I sympathise.

Matchstick, enjoy your hills tomorrow, I don't want to see a hill for a while after yesterday, nor do my legs image

Good luck with the training JEvans, I'm also renovating my house at the mo, its hard to balance training house and work, so much so Ive been renovating it for well over a year, but trainings going well image