Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Ay up, Mrs D,  I'm still here , I've had a busy week, I was back  in work on Tuesday after Outlaw so didn't get to write my race report until Saturday, you can find it on the Outlaw 13 forum. It was good to see you and mr D last weekend.

• Helloooo EP! Jolly nice to have you here. 

Building up to some pavement pounding. Hay fever doing me in today! 

Top work in the heat guys. It is merciless out there. I'm not sleeping much either Maths. Think sleeping outside would be better!

Wish I sweat like a lady Buttercup!

• I've got Prevalin now which works. But left it at home today by mistake. I know 'numpty'. Just taken some before heading out.

• Errr yeah Mrs D umm I was so sweaty tonight I got stuck in my running top - husband had to help me out image I'm awesome.  Sweating it like a laydee! image

• Oh pants, Garmin not charged! Wait another 15mins! 

• I'm sure ladies simply glow Buttercup. I feel you were sweating like something completely different! 

• image I'm going with horse 

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I went for a rest day option today. But, I have with Mr Steady's help adjusted the saddle on my bike. He thought I looked a bit low and so did a friend who rides loads and saw me out riding the other month, so I made him put a bit of tape round the stem before we undid the bolt so I could make sure that it ended up going up and not staying the same. Need not to have worried on that score as it went up by an inch. He put it up a bit more but that just felt a bit too much but was only going up and down the cul de sac, so I will need to go for a proper ride to test it out, hopefully that will be Wednesday.

I reckon we ladies can sweat, glow or perspire depending on exertion.

I am still trying to catch up on all the race reports from the Outlaw, will get there eventually.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

EP - you are always welcome here even if you are doing longer stuff anyway, hope the tough love on one of the other threads hasn't got to you. 

Razor - you were fab at outlaw and I loved reading your report. I saw you as you went through the feedstation and also saw you and horse on the run, but never got chance to have a chat at all. Next time!

steady - I am sure mine could go up a bit but that might make me feed unsteady really, bit by bit is the way I think!

sleeping outside is a good idea - when I lived in Spain we would sometimes just sleep under the stars, no tent and it was great. My back garden is quite the same though

was feeling so tired but went to swimming anyway, and found that if I move my arms quicker (higher stroke rate) I moved fasterimage will have to work on it to be able to keep that up though

• I will state that I am now sweating profusely. There is simply no glowing involved. Very slow 6mile done. Saved from being shorter by MaMa do the Hump coming on at a crucial crossroad. 

On that note, what tunes pep you right up during an ebb in enthusiasm?

• iHi am looking to improve tI'm IM I have done a marathon and sprint tri but really am quite clueless of how to put it all together swimming is weak 400mtrs tops at the moment 

any ideas

MrsD - have to say early morning is best for running in this weather - but that obviously depends on if it fits round the rest of your life. I don't take music out running with me, I like the solitude and listening to birds etc. Maybe that contributes to me going slowly, but I am never going to be speedy and need to enjoy the training and have it as a means of relaxation

• Maths - I truly hate mornings! Hence I have to wait until late to go out. Struggle to run without music I'll b honest. 

iron Worm, this thread aims at the shorter triathlons. Head for The Outlaw threads and such like If looking for IM advice. 

Razor - I have to second Maths and say report  was great. Lovely to meet you and so chuffed for you!

Hope you're new elevated position work for you Steady.

• no longer a tri virgin! Really enjoyed my first sprint tri at Eton Dorney this weekend. Finished a suprising 180th out of 443,  which considering my aims were to finish and not be last I was chuffed.

Mini race report as befits the short distance, swim: should have had more confidence to start further up, got badly boxed in by 3 people who switched to breast stroke at 200m, but at least felt very good at end of swim

Super speedy through T1 as no wetsuit, avoided embarrassing pregnant walrus impression on leaving lake.

Loved the bike, so flat after training in Wales

Run was too hot and too short as was ctaching people at end, may be should have hauled arse (and I have plenty) earlier in the run.

Organisers were great, smiley and friendly, but was seriously hot. Was outdone by my little girl who won a prize in the scootathlon for "the smile that lit up the race". Next race already plannedimage

• Told you you'd smash it! imageimage Congrats Lady! And congrats to mini Emsi!

Whats next? Wild Boar image

• Congratulations Emsi!

Razor!!!! We've missed you. Well done on the Outlaw. Will go find your report.

EP - Welcome image Great to have you with us.

Each year in the summer I sleep with my girls in the garden with just sleeping bag, no tent. They wanted to do it last weekend but it was too busy with other stuff. However I've promised them that if we still have the heat wave we shall sleep out this weekend.

Hi Iron Worm - Some of IM tris, but you might find more specific, more skilled help on one of the other thread. However, if you can afford swimming lessons, then taking some to get your stroke right would be really important for an IM distance. Or do you have a tri club near you? They will so swim sessions and can provide some feedback and support. If neither of those are possible, study you tube clips and start slowly building up the number of lengths you do each time. Most people are surprised at how much they improve over 2 months of regular swimming.

well done emsiimage and to your girl tooimage

IronWorm - didn't notice you there when I posted! Although there are people on this thread that have done IM, have a look at the other threads there are IM specific ones.

Managed to get my sleepy head of bed for a run this morning but struggled, so set the garmin to beep at me so I wouldn't and walk too much.

• So, sitting feeling shattered. Doing a late to early. Can't face swimming. You're a better woman than me Maths.

• Chili - may have popped ur name on the Outlaw 2014 thread as a possible relay runner! - sorry! 

• imageWell done Emsi and mini Emsi, great stuff image

I'm struggling to get motivated at the mo, Ive got an 8 mile run from work, then a 50 mile bike tomorrow followed by OW swim. when I'm like this I seem to spend an awfully long time putting my trainers on or checking my bike, keys etc

I've got to crack on a bit as ive got Birmingham Oly on Sunday, London ride 100 in Aug and the Wild Boar Sep 1

• image What! I haven't discussed it with hubby yet! image Oh well, if I get a team place I'll just have to tell him it's happening....

Razor - I read your report and wiped tears away. Fantastic for you and Horse. Hugs and kisses to you both.

• Youre off the hook me thinks.... image Sorry! They need a cyclist instead! 

• image mmmuuuuaaaarrrrr!!!!!! I know a young man who might fit that bill. image

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I'm off for my first ever track session this evening. No idea what expect except that it will hurt. image

In other news I'm starting to feel happy again. Which is fantastic  image

good to hear Aliimage

• Well done Ali image

A bit of cycling today, but can't really fit anything else in. Last week of school so have all these award assemblies, summer muscial, proms, leavers service, Brownies party etc to fit in around usual work and stuff... being a parent is such hard work.

chili - it certainly is, and gets harder as they get older!!

date for outlaw half has been announced - 1st Juneimage I am blooming well going to whoop its ass

• Yeah saw that MC image 60 lengths in the Medium lane - I feel so growed up - then I disembarked into the slow for kicks and a warm down. No run this morning thought I would give my body a rest a bit given the hideous run in the heat yesterday.