Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done buttercup

I went to the gym after work, think I might be a bit achy tomorrow. I am not going to plan anything for the morning, but if I am awake I will bike. Hoping to go ow swimming tomorrow after work, it is pain cos it takes an hour to get there from work but should be lovely.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

EP - no, that is even further - I'll be at activities away in Lincoln. Must take a pirate swimming hatimage I am wondering whether to swim without wetsuit, but tomorrow they are letting people try blueseventy wetsuits free, so might go for that and see what  a different wetsuit feels like

• Options

I can't keep up with this thread!

Throat scratchy from hayfever and ears blocked for about a week now. Presenting at work all day doesn't help either image.

Managed lumpy 5km this morning but knew that the 10km on Sunday was an achilles killer - over 50% of the weekly total! 3 runs total this week with better distribution of distance, then maintain distance for a few more weeks...

Ironworm - welcome. Buy a copy of Fink, or Gordo or both. Engage family (where necessary/appropriate) with goal. Book something then start 30 weeks out. Every now and then MTFU.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

(((((((cat)))))) look after that achillies and hope your hayfever starts going soon. Are your ears blocked from hayfever too? 

• Options
    mathschick wrote (see)

(((((((cat)))))) look after that achillies and hope your hayfever starts going soon. Are your ears blocked from hayfever too? 

I think so, or it may be the left over from the cold/flu thing. I'm still quite bunged up and snotty.

• Options

image stink bums cat - hope it all clears up soon.

• Options

Aw Cat, hope all improves. You're our speed demon! 

Buttercup and Maths cracking on... I'm the Blerch today! Putting me to shame. 

Chili, consistency is the key. You keep firing in the miles one way or another.

Good to find you happy Alibear, keep up the good work. 

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I was a good girl and did my training as planned. Swim session first thing, managed a mile, then tonight was a hot sticky pilates session but the instructor was good she got us doing loads of slow stretching stuff, so relaxing I nearly fell asleep.

I have now caught up with reading this thread and the Outlaw reports and the Outlaw 2014 thread. Plenty of thinking to be done before I decide on what my main race is next year.

• Options

Tough training in the heat!. 4 very slow miles. More walking than I would like. Nice to be warm though. Am hoping to go to Thorpe next Tuesday for my inaugural swim this year in OW. On teh basis I haven't swum at all since October, methinks a pool session at some point first. Any other takers?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Dusty - if I was anywhere near you I would join you! I have everything in my car for ow swim tonight apart from the bodyglide - dammit I always forget it!!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Dustboy, I have a physio session on Tuesday early evening, so doubt whether I could make it, what time are you going to get there?

I went for a run at 6am this morning, 3.58 miles in 40 mins, well if I go by the Garmin I took 1:12:58 as I failed to press the stop button when I got back home. Saw a rabbit and a deer whilst on the common, it was hot enough then, I could not do it any later in the day.

• Options

I did my 8 mile run from work yesterday, I had to pop into sports direct at lunch time to buy a running tanktop and some light shorts, (all my kit is for arctic conditions), I really enjoyed the run even though it was hot, having broken it up in my head into 4 stages to keep me focused, on the final 2 miles I kicked into a high gear to see how long I could keep it up, I was sweating and weezing along at a good speed when I was passed by an elderly gent in full tracksuit, he gave me a nice smile and lifted his hand, I tried to return the smile but was more of a grimmace. Cycled in this morning with legs of jelly/lead. I'm doing the 8 mile run again tonight, I hope I see the old fella again, I'll try and smile this time (and catch him up)

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

First track session completed, last by miles and it hurt, but in a good way that I haven't felt since I started out so I'm hoping to continue with them image Hubby has kindly given me a pass out for this evening so it will be a 15 mile 15 mph bike with the ladies.

• Options

Just in case this is of any interest to kids if you like your tri's Hilly and cheap this is a very good one. http://www.matlockac.org.uk/matlock-triathlon

image Ali well done kiddo.image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

so today has turned into a rest day. Got a bit caught up at work so ended up not getting to the ow swim, although I really could have done with a no-wetsuit dip in a lake!!

ah well, will have to be another day

• Options

Good 40min run this morning, went for swim tonight and felt like there was nothing the tank image took me freaking ages to do 50 lengths - which led to a lot of negative chatter in my head which didn't help at all.  Need to think about my nutrition a bit more methinks.

Yay Ali! Good stuff.

MC it has indeed been stinking hot at work for the third day in a row image 

• Options

Or have a look at how much you have done in the last few days in the heat! Then contemplate if you simply need rest!

• Options

Hmmm you may be right Mrs D - am going for OW swim tomorrow then rest on friday.  Will take it easy tho' image 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

buttercup - I would say you need a rest

I am running tomorrow morningimage

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Buttercup sounds like you need a break what with all this heat, hope you get our mojo back soon.

Lovely open water swim this evening and managed to ditch the wetsuit!

• Options

Well done Ali, what did you have to do at track? Hope bike went well.

everyone sans wetsuit at the mo - freaks me a little as all the debris gets wedged in the cleavage.

sufferfest for me tonight. Hour done, sweated like a horse Buttercup! Off to bed.

hope u enjoyed your rest day Maths. 

And remember: HYDRATE people - nurse says! image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I need to look at the dates for the Outlaw and the half, then sit down with Mr Steady and see if I get the OK or not. If Outlaw is a no, then I will look for something else that will hopefully have a few pirates at.

I ran this morning so this evening I just did half an hour of stretching and some foam rollering.

My OW session may be Sunday, had not given a thought to OW without a wettie, but it makes sense if it is really hot. I am going to do an early start bike ride on Saturday and that will mean mission out on OW but I really do need to get on the bike.

• Options

Wow this thread moves fast image open water swim done tonight at Jet Ski centre Stoney Stanton, loads better than Bossy pond (weed free). Bike Monday and run yesterday image booked on Sandman Tri to kick start mojo. 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

ST - brill to have you back again!!

god, I am struggling in this weather, even in the early morning it is hot for running. Did hill reps though todayimage

didn't realise they had released the date for outlaw - 27 July will give me lots of time to get lots of ow practice in. Outlaw half - I am definitely doing it but found with the cold spring not a lot of chance to get ow swims in before it

• Options

I did Bozzy last week without wetsuit, I was a little slower but I didn't find it much different, I had to kick a little to keep myself straight, it was toasty warm getting in too, I'm driving to Bozzy as I cycled and ran to and from work this week and I have Birmingham Oly this weekend, I don't want to knacker myself too early.

ST, is Stoney Stanton just off the M69 ? I think I did a job there once, that would be a nice ride from Cov if it is, do you know the swim times?

EP I'll say hey if I see you tonight, I'll have my Pirate hat on

• Options

Just had a look, its just over 20 miles, same a Bozzy, Yay