Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Nice sesh ButterCup! I'm missing my bike. Wanted to go for a ride but can't find my seat post and don't actually know how to put my saddle back on the ralings image. Bf borrowed my saddle to go mtb'ing with.

Been feeling very tired since holiday but went to gym today to do some x-trainer and rowing. Friends went for circuits but I wasn't up for it. After, they wanted to get weighed on one of those body composition analyzers. Didn't wanna do it cos I know I'm fat and overweight atm but gave it ago after all which is good because it's another kick up the bum to get fit. Was horrified with my metabolic age. Have done one of these before in the last 5 years and results then were much better.  A lot of work to do....

• Great sesh ButterCup, it was really nice to meet you yesterday, you'll notice I have a pemanent look of confusion. My wife still calls her family whanau and uses the word stink for bad image

Mikasa, I often use my wifeys mtb and very often forget to swap the saddles back, I think its a bloke thing.

I've been feeling tired all week and really had to force myself to cycle to Bossie and have a swim, it was hard and I wasn't up for it, glad I did it though, I'm gonna attempt a run tonight then bike to bossie on Saturday and we have a longish ride on Sunday.

I've got a buffet lunch today for a leaving do, does anyone else use the term carb loading as an excuse to stuff there face?

Happy training everyone, have a smashing weekend image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Was meaning to ask...being probably bit slow here...what does FTW stand for???

• mikasa wrote (see)

Was meaning to ask...being probably bit slow here...what does FTW stand for???

Mikasa I believe it mean for the win. If i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me image

• Nope that's right Kritter image everytime I use FTW I feel like there should be an emoticon that has cheerleader pom poms and jumps up and down image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Well thanks for clearing that up Kritter! I'm having a very slow and boring day at work...Should have brought the trainers for a run at lunch time but was feeling way too tired in the morning. Short walk it is instead then.

• image I always have a slow and boring day at w**k. It's still a bit hot isn't it I think it's making us all knackered.

Pixie enjoy your hols and try and get some ice cream in with the mini pixie's image

• Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Cake, they've not asked me to pay and in honesty they'd better not try to either! I know exactly what my answer would be.

• Trying to get up the motivation to go out on the bike, but a cool crisp glass of wine is calling from the fridge. Am on call this weekend so can't do either tomorrow. Which will win.......?

• The bike...image  altho my legs are still a bit tired from last night so they're up on the couch - run tomorrow image

• Wow back on thought it was just my iPad playing up lol

First park run tomorrow for well over a year. Just hope old bar code still works lol will be a family run so no pb to target this time image 

When my mojo is low I look to the forum for inspiration image so glad I'm not the only one imageimage 

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭
    Oops, uncovered the hybrid and went out for a short ride with Mr Steady. It only needed a quick lube on the chain and pump up the tyres. I only wanted to do a short ride and am thinking of starting to commute by bike or possibly part bike ride.   I need to put the saddle up as my legs did not extend enough but found the riding position odd although the saddle was comfortable. Mr Steady reckons we have not been out on the hybrids for 2 years, the last time being the weekend that his mum was rushed into hospital. I aim to ride the roadie on Sunday with the bike club.  
  • SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

ST, I have only done one Parkrun, so you are in good company.

• Guys, does running around with a 3 & 4 year old all day count as training? Oo managed a 30min run yesterday so still hoping will b ok for the birthday Olympic! 

Well done out on the bike Steady. I would love to commute to work but we have no changing facilities. Attempting to persuade OH that park run is a god idea for us both!

Get it on ST!!!!!! Do you need a HTFU or a JFDI!

• Mrs D when is it? So I know when to send wierd arse hippy good thoughts your way image

• It's Sat 3rd August lady. Hippy vibes accepted and gratefully received. This will be my ironman!

Just posted on the testosterone fuelled thread over the way. 

• Good morning, good luck to everyone competing this weekend. 

Did cycle yesterday, I love my new clipped in shoes, really seemed to make a difference, new pb of 40.38 on my route yippee.

Lots of race reports please to liven up my weekend of pager slavery image 

• Righto Mrs D will do!

CJ riding a hybrid after the road bike does feel wierd image

Yay ST family run - husband has a knee injury so only me running and sometimes a friend.

I did a gentle 60 min hilly run this morning! Trying to wake up the legs which responded well - off to London this morning - husband has been having a Wagner-fest at the Proms image Not really my cup of tea but I'm sure I can find a shop or two to eyeball!

• Having a much needed rest day, trying to catch up on much needed sleep, I can't believe I'm calling 8am on a Saturday a "nice lie in"

epic bike ride planned for tomorrow 70ish miler, my longest distance yet image

Good luck to all competing this weekend, and happy training or resting to the rest of us image

• Hi Guys, ran Parkrun this morning with Horse and we both PB'd  imageknocked another 37 seconds off on top of last weeks PB of 40 seconds now down to 24.57 image

ST, get your arse in gear image

• Aw EP, my OH feels your pain. He put up with me in plaster on our first ever holiday together. 

Enjoy the bike tomorrow JP, just the 70 miles is it - lightweight image

I'm tapering... Sort of. But managed to get OH out on the bike with me for 35mins today. Then it absolutely tipped it down.

• Hi Razor Ironman Sir my ass is in gear well got my ass whoop by my 7 year old son at park run this morning but my time will comeimage I'm still recovering from injuryimage he went out at 8 minutes for first mile which I struggled from there onwards lol. 

• Well done ST

EP - Oh No! That is terrible! Hope your holiday isn't ruined too much.

LSR this morning. About 17 miles. I ran down to parkrun, then ran parkrun (slightly quicker) then home again. I did everything wrong - didn't eat dinner yesterday cos I wasn't hungry. Had porridge this morning and then started running within 5 mins. My daughter came with me on the bike and ran parkrun in the middle with a superb time of 30:43 and then biked back, so she was starving so on the way home we stopped off at McD's for sausage-egg-McMuffin image But my stomach seemed happy enough.

• mmmm... Mcmuffins! 

• Ok, so panicking about next weekend. Can I produce all the excuses now? It is the triathlon way!!!!

• I did a very gentle, very hilly 4 miles on the bike and my tummy didnt explode or any major pain or internal rubbing...its very weird cycling while concentrating on internal things. I go back to the surgeon in 7 days, hopefully he'll give me the all clear. I might try a gentle run this week, at least if something is not right he'll be able to spot it.

Its good to see everyone doing training and races.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

Hi everyone lots of travelling and no training - I  don't think  messing around in the pool with the kids counts. I have scouted out a route to run though. 

Mrs D you will be great next weekend. Which one is it? 

Pete good to hear you are mending quickly