Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Evening everyone!

Sickness has now cleared from our house! image I did park run very slowly on Saturday (due to spending Sat ill in bed!) but none of my girls felt well enough.

Am enjoying reading your Spring plans.

• Options

Hope everyone's well! Glad all the bugs seemed to have cleared up too.

Well done Razor, you'll run through where I grew up image

30 weeks till my IM now - marked it by swimming 1500m continuous for the first time image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Well, I had a little look online yesterday and identified some tri's I could try. image 

First one is Fleet Sprint Tri on 5th May, would be churlish not to as it's basically next door. Not entered yet though,hopefully today or tomorrow.
    Second would be the Vachery Olympic Distance on 20th July. Bit scared about this one but it's close enough so I could go and cycle in the area.
    Wild Boar Middle Distance (imageimageimage) on 7th September. Eeeeeek!

I might book all but the Wild Boar as atm that just scares me silly.(Plus I still don't have a suitable bike). Does it sell out? And are peeps from this thread still doing it this year?

• Options

It didn't sell out last year but did the year before. I'm hoping to do it but still waiting for this years eirman details with be released which might mess that up. sarah is thinking about it to but not sure if she will go for it will depend on other raes me thinks.

The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

someone's been bullying me into entering the East Leake Sprint Tri in March (I shant mention names but she's well known on the forum and is doing the Outlaw Half with mathschick)

Guess this means I have to, at some point in the not too distant future haul my large butt into gear.

Done this one before it's a lovely little race. sarah was asking me about it the other day. I'm assuming there is something on farsebook. image I'd be up for a potter around there again.

Razor not entered yet but should be manchestering it as well.

• Options

Hey, I've had a crazy dose of CBA while I've been on holiday.  Although I did do the local 10K on the 2nd Jan with a time of 50.36 which was acceptible.  I did notice that my stamina wasn't it's best, I was overtaken several times in the last 2K.  I'll need to work on that.  I'm back in the office now so I can get back to running twice a week.  I need to get back in the pool as well.

• Options

I think I fancy East Leake, very convenient for my first triathlon

• Options

pete - well done on the 10k

mikasa - great to hear you are going to be at wild boar with us all image no time limits to worry about and it is great - I went there to support buttercup/cake/tired badger/joddly last year and had a great time

ran this morning, first day back at work and am now shattered!! Thinking of skipping swimming tonight and getting an early night instead. Eaten too many biscuits in the staff room too - need to stop doing that!

• Options
    ElBeanpole wrote (see)

I think I fancy East Leake, very convenient for my first triathlon

It's low key good bike slight hill on the run only bad thing got to say about the course is the pool is small if your a big lad. It's newbie friendly with a large field in terms of ability so sh*te folks like me there but always a few team GB types using it as a warm up for bigger races later in the year.

Maths if the busciuts are a problem you can always post them to me? image

• Options

*perks up and looks around* did someone say biscuits?? image

23.65 Km Commuting today and 30 mins on the turbo.  Apparently Fink has released a baby Fink.  Am just sticking to the grandaddy Fink image chipping away at it! 

• Options

oh? The half distance one coming out in a week? I wonder how much overlap there is. Might get it as I got an amazon voucher for xmas.

Have just received Lore of Running - it is so big I think I need to do more weights just to hold it while I read it!!

well done on the commute in the wind buttercup! 

• Options

Mikasa, I have ridden around the area of the Vachery Tri. It is good in a nice challenging way, but I had to watch out for competitors ignoring marshalls and road junctions where they should give way.

I am planning on going swimming in the morning, then wearing my wellies for the walk to the train station, my ordinary boots got ruined having to walk through mud this evening.

• Options
    Another 4.5 miles done last night in the rain, deliberately stayed in Z2 and managed 9'40" pace .
  • Options

Good job Razor!  60 lengths before work and 30 min run Z2 after work image and saagwala for tea!  Suspect will sleep well tonight image

• Options

Mr and Mrs Digger in for East Leake. Let's do this thing! 

I am currently poorly sick. Sinus and cough stuff. Getting most frustrated at not being able to train.

Well done to all plugging on!

• Options

MrsD - hope you get better soon

razor - well done

buttercup I have no idea what saagwala is so might go and google it

right, my plan was to go to running club tonight but the weather is awful, driving home in wind and rain has made me wimp out, but I will turbo instead. ran yesterday anyway so not too bad to skip running today, just seem to be having a week of skipping things. I don't normally mind running in the rain,  but I have a 20min drive home which wouldn't be pleasant in soaking clothes!

• Options

Mr D is doing it? right in that case have to come he will probably have bacon! image

• Options

Hi all image

Mrs D - *get well vibes*
    Buttercup - we had a similar day (except for tea)
    Cake - there's bacon?  What do I have to do?

• Options

Swim a bit bike a bit run a bit. image

• Options

Bacon.  Nom.  I like bacon.  No run the rain and the wind on the ride home and the fact I needed food a lot.  Run tomorrow image yayayay Mrs D!! Will see you at East Leake then image

• Options

bacon?

done a turbo... it was difficult to get myself to do it, but feel better for it. However, the kids have noticed I am in a good mood and have started asking for a pet....gerbil, hamster or a rat.....?image arghhhh, we still have xmas hats!

• Options

image hehehehe I dont!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Finally off to a tentative start with exercise this year. Got shown my gym programme and then did a little run on the treddie. Only 2k as got bored and ran out of time but it's a start. image

• Options

Little steps are better than no steps Mikasa!!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭
    Cheers Butter Cup. Felt OK though so will try to get out on Thursday and thinking about slow park run on Saturday. They recommend trail shoes when muddy though and I don't have any, will have to find out where the closest running shop is.
  • Options

I have overdone it a tad and am today having the first of probably many physio sessions, my back seems to not want me to breathe anymore image

• Options

Oh no JP! That sounds a bit miz image

Well done Mikasa for starting again.

Well, my lack of training through December is very apparent. But I always feel better and more positive in January so have just completed a 5 mile run. 

Anyone want to come over for coffee and finish up the Christmas stollen? I restrict our chocolate intake to Saturday Sweetie Day, but I think we are going to have enough to last for months!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

JP - oh dear, hope you get put back together soon. And remember to rest!

I'm actually feeling quite tired from yesterday's effort so wondering if going for a gentle swim tonight is advisable or if I should just rest. Lane swimming is very late as well, 9-10pm. 

How's everyone's training going for the spring HM's?