Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• swimmathon? 5k at a pool near you! over the weekend of 21-23 March

• 45 min run z2 quite warm out tonight - a lot of peeps out running as well - am enjoying the lighter nights image

• Razor - look after that back! image

Oo early night! Sounds lovely! Have turboed whilst watching last years Outlaw. Eaten and now kooched up with the dog. Lovely image

DS - get better immediately!

• Oo how long was the long swim JP?

• JP, I too had my body battered playing rugby league, got arthritis in my hands & fingers due to breaking most of them, that's the price you pay being a scrum half image  and my bones are a lot older than yours image

I think the problem I have got is similar to yours, the doc has put me on Tapain, a strong pain killer for a week to see if it eases it and told me to book an appointment with a chiropractor but cant get in till next week. Fingers crossed that the pain killers work.

Emmac, my doc is ok, he knows I wont stop training so he tells to reduce the amount that I do to help ease the problem.

Hi Mrs D, you ok?

• Enforced rest - tooth extraction so can't elevate HR until the risk of bleeding, 'popping' sinuses (image) has passed in 2-3 days.

Razor, Mikasa, EP - I hope all your unaligned bits realign quickly.

• Wow everyone is in the wars at the mo! 

• image Razor I miss playing Leugue.  

• Helloooo Razor, I'm all good image  If I didn't have to work and still had enough money to do what I wanted would be even better! image Hope the back gets sorted young man!

Hope all feel better soon image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm ill now as well injured, probably caught my bug on the plane to France. image Feeling very sorry for myself and doing nowt. Just hoping it'll all come good by the weekend.

Keep up the training and quick recovery for peeps needing it.

• Sorry about the weird typos! Sausage fingers on ipod!

Get well everyone!!!

First time as barcode scanner at our local parkrun on saturday - very excited!

• I did a bit of running at lunch time but it was crap.  I'm pretty stressed at work (nothing like you teachers) but I've got to confront an issue and I've been manfully avoiding it, but now I've run out of time and I've got to deal with it tomorrow.

I did my tuesday evening swim...fairly busy in shallow end so a bit of weaving and pausing.I did the regulation 30 lengths in 23 minutes.  That would have put me second last out of the pool in my local sprint tri...and I've pulled a muscle in my chest...

always look on the brightside...

• blimey, you have all been in the wars!!

• Blooming eck this is like an episode of 'go hard or go home'! Take care all of you! 

I have run and just demolished an entire packet of cookies - is this wrong? 

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Mrs Digger - depends how big a packet it was and how far you ran...

I've eaten crap all week and tbh, I'm feeling crap for it. Trapped nerve is easing a bit but won't be doing any exercise until skiing. Also sending my trail shoes back as they are not 100% right. 

• Mrs D, I'm feeling a lot better after calling me " young man"  image

The pain killers have kicked in and I can move without too much pain.

• You are but a spring chicken young Razor image Glad the painkillers doing their job!

Large packet Mikasa LARGE! Only ran 50 mins but hey ho. I don't do this exercise malarkey to not get a reward at the end of it image Take care of yourself lady!

• 2k in pool in super slow time of 1.07mins - wanted to stop at 1500 but gave myself a mental kick up the behind and went we finish when we are done and kept on going.  Think my little bout of sniffles has drain the old battery a bit more than I thought - did 1hr30 on the turbo last night longest hour and a half ever! 

Mrs D I have been eating crap all last week - need to stop that aye!  Work stress gotta love it! But creme eggs are soooo nommy! 

• MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Blooming eck this is like an episode of 'go hard or go home'! Take care all of you! 

I have run and just demolished an entire packet of cookies - is this wrong? 

image Yes because now I want one. imageimage

• I see I'm not the only one on the sick list, bloody cold, fought it over the weekend but on Monday it issued a total take down as I couldn't breath. Thankfully that only lasted the day .Hubby had a right laugh seeing the state of me after walking down the stairs, helpfully suggested that I was unfit and need to exercise more!
    yesterday turned back into more normal crummy cold and back at work today suffering hot flushes.

So training this week = nill, have a 40 min easy turbo planned for this evening IF I'm up to it.

• not sure I should be coming any where near you germ-loaded lot!!

rest day for me anyway because I am tired, last night it was parents evening at both my kids's school so it was manic!

• Get better everyone and good swimming Buttercup.

Had enough so off for a game of tennis - will take it easy I promise.

• Blimey - we are all in the wars.

no swim for me today, back still sore and so run down that the inside of my mouth has started falling to bits literally. V sore!

the cue folks is to remember that rest is just as important as training and nutrition. Fluids and an early night for all please!

Mrs D - I only run so I can eat cookies! Trouble is I run 3miles, burn off 300 Kcal then eat about 800 ... Now Mathschick I know there is a small problem in my maths isnt there?! Avoiding scales since my gain of 1/2 stone during this marathon campaign grrrr image

• Buttercup - what's news on job front? Any update?

Cake - it was a two pack, you can have the other packet image

Emma - my Maths is generally as dodgy as yours! 

7 miler tonight with the OH. Quite parky... What's this about snow image

Keep well all you sicklies (((hugs))) 

• Enjoying a rest morning. Work this afternoon, that should bring me back down quickly! Be nice to nurses people, they are genuinely only trying to help image

• image love the nurses! The job is probably going to end in April time but that's life so hunting for a new'un!

Run tonight but only if it isn't tipping it down!! I have been told or suggested that now might be the time to admit having a 'cold' since I now have a cold sore and was apparently snuffly all night image It isnt enough that I cant train so will do within reason image