Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    SuckitupButterCup wrote (see)

Freezing cold full commute home including hail, rain and wind, even tho' I came off just before Hathern I still took 7 mins off my time coming home image since beginning of March that's 14 mins on the beastie bike.  Going to try and get it down to 1 hr 30 mins which in the scheme of things isn't speedy at all but it's speedy for the BEASTIE bike!

Cake it's world cup next year! And do too love the stickers!! 

Your thinking of the proper sport kiddo someitmes they play with a round ball. Speaking of which ticket's are a bit pricy are you going to try and make a game or two?

Manimal70 wrote (see)
    Cake (see)

imageimage Doncaster has a olly! To goggle.

You thinking of doing it cake ?

was sadly its the same day as a race down south called the wild boar a lot of folks are going to meet up at this year so will have to say next time.

Daft question for folks yesterday was 100 days til the tour de france becomes tour deedar yorkshire. If anyone is interested it goes almost next to our house and will be climbs on the section. Know some of you guys have been round there before but of anyone who hasn't it's postcode S36. Going to try and sort out some beers if anyone fancies coming round. Got some spare beds and almost a field in the back so prenty of space for tent's.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I have an entry form and a cheque waiting to go in the post today. Crondall sprint tri on 1st of June. 400m, 20k, 5k. Hope I get in, and hope I'll be ready to do it. It's only two months away! image

• Options

Cake - hubby would very much like to attend one of the AB matches altho' there maybe ravenous competition to get to those methinks image if he had a spare ticket I wouldnt say no - unless it collided with an A race image

Yayay Mikasa!!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Sent. image Eagerly waiting reply...

• Options

mikasa - yay, exciting, you will be great

weather looking a bit warmer this weekend for those of doing East Leake image

Shame the Doncaster one is the same day as Wild Boar - I grew up near Doncaster, would have been fun going up for it

Nothing yet today but once kids are fed and sorted I will be hoping on my turbo, though I am a little excited about a phone call I had....

don't know if you remember an interview I went to a month ago? They have rung me and need me urgently and are going to offer me a contract (at interview they were talking about working on an hourly basis ie no holiday/sick pay) but because they want to get me to leave my current school they are willing to negotiate - so I am going over there to see them on tuesday to see what they can offer me image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

image   fed up, my walk was shortened to just a mere 2 miles, just felt really tired and awful, then a bit sick. Hoping that I am not going down with a bug or lurgy of any sort.

Good news MC.

Good luck for Sunday EP.

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

I'm a bit fed up too - had a swim but felt decidedly weak and wobbly, so got out after 20 lengths! Friday night is chippy night here too!

sounds good, Mathschick. Hope it goes well!

• Options

pippi - sorry to hear the swim wasn't good

stedy - hope you aren't coming down with something

EP, buttercup - good luck for Sunday

• Options

Weather looks like it's going to be good! 17 apparently! Much better than last week image

• Options

Woo hoo, another race weekend. Good luck peeps!!!!!!!! 

• Options
  • Options

When you are entering a race,  do you put your team/club as PSOF? Or just leave it blank?

• Options

PSOF image what are you entering then Pete?

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Morning, just in our little thread, how do you become a pirate? And who is a pirate on this thread? How did you become a pirate? I don't consider myself a pirate, I'm the person on the side lines thinking that it'd be cool to be one of them...

Good luck to everyone who's racing this week!

It's beautiful weather here and bf is at work again image

• Options

It used to be doing an IM is what made you a pirate - but I think it's evolved from there to anyone doing a tri that wants to be part of a supportive group of people who think doing your best on the day - what ever that is - is the shiz! And be willing to wear stretchy yellow and black lycra (which makes everyone look good), make an arse of yourself, have a laugh at yourself.  I think providing support on RW and in real life is an important part of that too.

That's what I think any who - I can't think of a better bunch of peeps to tri with - the boar last year just stands in my head of how awesome my fellow pirates are - I won't ever forget that finish image so Im happy to stand on the side lines and yell and bounce and provide support if I can!

• Options

PS I entered the Little Piglet last night!! image

• Options

Hi guys, did a 10k fartlek this morning finished in 48.15 and I was knackered when id done, hoping it'll start to bring my fitness and pace back to what it was before my achilles injury.

Good luck to all who are racing this week too image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Mikasa, Buttercup explains it well, but from the pirates I know, the intention is that you still have to do an IM within 2 years unless injuries and illness force a long break.

I am a trainee pirate as my intention is to do it next year after succeeding in HIM this year, I put the team down as PSOF for tri race purposes and wear the top when doing a tri, but would not for ordinary running events. I will ask RW for a pirate logo when I have done an IM and not before.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Fair enough. I did my first tri in 2012,then nothing, not really sure what happened to 2013... Do you think I can start again, do HIM this year and then IM next and be a pirate?

Steady - which IM would you do next year?

30min gym bike, 30min x-trainer and bit of weights for me today. Booked a spin class for tomorrow morning when bf is watching F1.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I just had a look how much Outlaw cost...and my jaw dropped. What's the cheapest iron distance? Or I might never do one.

• Options

Outlaw is one of the cheaper ones chook image because it's an ironman distance tri not an official one - the branded ones are extortionist but if you want to do an official "Ironman" then you have to pay what they want you to pay.  If you are unconcerned about the brand and just want to go the distance do one of the unbranded ones.  Value for money Outlaw is pretty good and the support is phenomenal.

• Options

This is first time I've owned black and yella, so I'll wear it to triathlon and my first marathon and probably the local ming the merciless endurance biathlon but not much else. I won't bother on the hill races or the local 10ks. Pirate colours are for long and hard!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

wowsers! Nope, don't think I'll ever me doing Ironman.

So Outlaw is cheapest...hmmm. Is that the next thread outing then?image