Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

ButterCup - good luck for tomorrow!

EP - Well done on finishing your masters!

• imageEP if it helps. I'm going to have to cycle tomorrow as well. Got Eyam half and been to a BBQ and the pub all night and to be honest I'm slightly more hammered than I would have normally like. Just popping onto the tinterweb to see hope and enjoy Silent assasin finish a race. Err had a few gins tonight.image

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

thanks for the update EP image

haven't got on my bike yet but I have bike kit on!!

I think I am making the decision not to do outlaw half, I just haven't done the biking and the thought of it is just making me feel stressed, piled on top of all the work stress, this isn't what I do triathlon for!! On reflection, I worked hard for the marathon and that was a major achievement for me, and then since then my plans to get out on the bike every weekend have been foiled a little (not all of them) but in a way, I just don't feel that I WANT to, which is the major thing. I think I need to give myself a break

So, I am going to have a little spin in the sun on my bike, come back and do some work. 

Guess I am starting fink half plan for Wild boar on Monday with mikasa and EP (it is this monday you are starting isn't it??). Are you doing the intermediate plan?

Still have clumber half to look forward to, and if I don't do outlaw half that means I can get the running in without worrying about trying to fit long bike rides in too

Also still have outlaw relay to look forward to

though if anyone wants to do the bike leg of outlaw half they might let me turn it into a relay....

and on that thought, maybe I should enquire - wonder if dawn shadow would be up for it??

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Good luck, Buttercup ( and EP)

• Tough decision MC but probably the right one. No point stressing and trying to fit more training into the same time.

Having said that I've got to squeeze my long bike and long run in today due to feeling a bit ropey yesterday. Then tomorrow we're planning on getting over to Roker to jump in the sea for half an hour or so of open water

would love to go and jump in the sea for a swim! Bit far for me though.....

have had a short relaxed bike ride image

just looked online and entry changes need to be done 5 weeks before so they probably wouldn't let me

• Still worth asking them, don't ask don't get

yeah, I'll drop them an email. They will all be down the road at the Southwell tri today!

• MC - I know someone who would do the bike leg for you if you do get permission to change to a relay. My husband (Mark) is going to be there with me anyway and it would be nice for him to be able to do something!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

I'll email and ask them image they might say no but I can try!!

LMH - do you want to PM me his details in case they will allow it? I imagine they will need full name, DOB and address, and email address. I have sent a message but don't expect to hear from till tomorrow at the earliest really. 

• Little Piglet done and dusted - Sunny and Windy day - overall am okay with my efforts mainly buoyed by the bike which was my a PB for the average speed image and the run went okay I was worried about it but apparently the physio's work is seeing results!  Report to follow - couch lying now image awesome supporting Pixie really appreciated it!

well done buttercup, wish I had been there with you

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

MC - hope you get them to change it to a relay. But I think a good decision if you know you haven't done enough on the bike.

I'm planning to follow the 'just finish' with additional biking and swimming. I might do the intermediate biking. But as I can't still run atm and I have non-existent fc, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

ButterCup -  Well done on your tri. Awesome cycling speed!

Went for  a swim this morning (at weekend more sociable times, 8-9.30am, did 1265m in 34:10 so slow slow but hey ho. Then breakfast and half an hour break before out on the bikes with bf. Longest ride so far, in total 22 miles. Plan was for 30 miles which would've gone round my sprint tri route but due to my bad route instructions we went bit wrong and ended up cycling on a gravel path with really big rocks etc and had to cut the ride shorter as bf had an appointment later on. Anyway, did 15.37miles first, stopped at the pub that hosts my tri and had waffles, then ride back home which was 6.76 miles. Hot day, lush scenery and nice quiet'ish country roads. Feeling bit tired now.  

well done mikasa - good training, and I saw a photo of those waffles image

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Well done to the racers and training peeps today, it was a hot one.

I bottled out of a 50 mile ride and just did a hilly 21 miler with the club, average speed was down to 10.5 mph so not that happy. There were so many cyclists out in Surrey this  morning, there was a sportive happening on top of all the other riders, bikes out numbered cars in places. 300+ per hour up Box Hill!!!

Hope they can change you to a relay entry MC. I know the run will hurt if I can get that far on race day. If not just do it until stopped on the bike course, then return to HPP and cheer on the rest of us.

• Well done with the training everyone and congrats on the triathlon buttercup. I am now a slateman, well a sprint slateman, legs are totally shot  now though but  I am pleased to have completed my second triathlon it was so hilly might have to pick up fink 16 week for wild boar on Wednesday though when fully recovered from both the triathlon and the rehydration  celebrations in llanberis that followed . It was a great day all round though.

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Well done to Buttercup and Glasslegs. Celebrate and recover well.

steady - yeah, I guess that is what I should do, or I could just swim then cheer! 

• image Excellent guys.

Maths I've changed a race at outlaw to a relay before. I would phone them tomorrow if you don't have a reply by lunch time they are pritty sound about doing stuff like that far better than they need to be. Only issue might be if they don't have enough relay t-shirts and medal's. If you don't get who you want ever me or sarah would be very interested.

• I'll try to PM you MC but BC sent me a message that I never received so let me know if you don't get it.

Looking forward to the report Buttercup - well done on the bike!

Come on Glasslegs - lets have a report.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

LMH - got your message!! image
    yes, good idea cake, if I don't hear from them I will phone and plead! 

steady's idea is good as back up and will take the stress off, and if I don't do it I would be there supporting so may as well get at least a swim for my money image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Glasslegs - well done! Echo on the race report,let's have it!

Went for 10k walk in the sunshine, just back and pretty tired now. Planned to go to the gym tomorrow but might have it as a rest day like it says on the plan!

• I will have a pop at doing a race report tomorrow does anybody know how many characters per post are allowed.

glasslegs - no idea, best thing is to type it into word and the copy and paste