Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Buttercup.  JFDI, GFTW, MTFU

what are you doing again?image

• Fckd if I know Pete! image

• My knitting is terrible Pixie!  I think I will stick with tri image Pete the Outlaw Half on June 1st!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm knackered. I'm glad I decided to go for an outside bike ride instead of spin but it was hard,hard work. I felt I had nothing in my legs. Plan said 45min ride but I went a new route, made a few wrong turns and it ended up being an hour. 13.3mph so pretty happy considering how I felt. Must of been lot of downhill because all inclines sapped my legs and I really struggled. Thank goodness it's a rest day tomorrow, I definitely need it.

Outlaw half is on the same day as my sprint tri. Will be thinking of you lot when I struggle with the shorter distances and will tell myself to MTFU!image

• I knew that!

Goes back to read little piggy goes to market report....so, find someone to draft on the swim to keep you on route and you'll be fine. You'll blitz the cycle and the run will be you taking the plaudits from the crowd. I don't see any reason to wibble other than do you have an acceptible finishing line dance?

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

MC, I have had stress levels from hell in the last few days, but now easing, so hoping it will now be taper madness in the body. I intend on swimming and biking at the weekend.

Pete, I can't dance that is why I do a sport that just involves moving forwards in a straight line. If/when I finish I could break out into a jig, or more likely will be too tired to do anything.

• Great stuff guys, everyone is really digging deep with there training. 

I joined BADtri last week and had my first 2 coached swim sessions this week. God im knackered. Swam over 1600m (my longest ever) in first session on Monday then had another session last night. 

I feel so much better for joining as last nigth i asked the coach to help with improving my storke. After just an hour it felt much more comfortable and easier to breathe yet expelling less energy and still moving at the same speed if not faster.

Cant wait till next week session.

Have nothing planned for the weekend as i have 2 weddings to attend so training is out of the window until hopefully Monday depending on how bad i get.

• SteadyCJ wrote (see)

Pete, I can't dance that is why I do a sport that just involves moving forwards in a straight line. If/when I finish I could break out into a jig, or more likely will be too tired to do anything.

Looks we need a pirate handbag for you ladies to dance around at the finish lineimage

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Sooo tired still. I believe I've probably slightly strained my calf muscles jogging up those stairs as they still hurt. Stupid stupid. Don't think I'll do that again.

3 day weekend and weathers gonna be crap. Typical! Actually Sunday looks ok so might leave my bike till then. Tomorrow will be a  lie in so will probably miss swimming but that would be an extra session anyway.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

• Training working sleeping this weekend on nights image

But next Thursday going to Ibiza for a week image Will keep training but the diet is going to take a massive hit.

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Bonus day off training today, yay me. But this weekend is a big one; tomorrow is my big session Swim/bike/ little brick run , then a big run on Sunday and then taper time yay! Bike is being serviced next wed/thurs and I'm heading to HPP on Friday afternoon. Exciting times.

I need to find somewhere that I can buy just a few high 5 gels from as I don't need a whole box full. The last lot have just gone off ewww.

Also if I put gels in a gel bottle I don't need to water them down do I? I can't stomach watered down gels.

• I'm pretty sure that One Step Beyond say that High 5 will be at the expo Ali. You don't have to water down gels in a bottle as long as they're not too thick for you to get them out. I usually water mine down but it doesn't have to be by much. If you're stuck for gels pm me - I will be over to register on the Saturday and can bring you some if needed.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Thanks LMH I shall try raiding the expo I think. I have some but just not enough for backup and I always like to take a bit more than I think I'll need.

• pete_inthehills wrote (see)
    SteadyCJ wrote (see)

Looks we need a pirate handbag for you ladies to dance around at the finish lineimage

image I got one for a laugh last year if I remember I'd stick a photo up for you over the weekend, as well as two race report's for straiteford and Eyam and anouther one for liverpool sunday. image 

Ali me and sarah might be doing nantwick that weekend but not decided yet with the bank balance. If we arn't chance's are I'm be lurking around outlaw half as well. If I do got a few gel's and stuff knocking about the house I can bring as well.

• You will rock it Buttercup! image You are rocking!!! 

Mikasa - start of plans is always a bit energy sapping. Keep the faith!

Oo, all this talk of gels means the big events are round the corner image

Good luck to all racing at the weekend. It appears myself and MrD are now pootling round the Tewkesbury Half Marathon. Fun fun!

Glasslegs - I am a vegetable during nights. Find it impossible to train image

• Congrats MC!

Buttercup, you've trained well, solid foundations rarely lead to a wobbly building, you'll do great image

Ergh, terrible day at work, client throwing toys out of the pram, really don't need it! Will ride the rollers later (raining image ) and do some weights.

• The offer stands Ali so just let me know if you need any - and which flavours you don't like image

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Thanks LMH I shall be hunting for Banana ones as they taste like foam bananas to me and I love them. I have some summer fruits one left which are great too, to me they taste like red jelly babies. But recently I've been missing my bananas image  I only ever seem to get orange or citrus ones on course and I can't stand the citrus ones ewwwy and the orange ones taste rather metallic. I'm a fussy old bear. image

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lurgified but it is Friday and half term. And OH is taking the kids to Scotland for the weekend so I get some peace and quiet for a couple of days. Was hoping to swim/ow swim/bike/run but I'll see how the lurgy is. If I have to spend the weekend lazing around reading books so be it!

• Ali we could be twins! I hate the citrus ones and only use summer fruits and banana - took delivery of a new box of banana today so I'm your woman if you do need any!

Hope you feel better soon MC. Have you decided what you're going to do about next Sunday?

LMH - not really sure. Partly depends how the lurgy develops I guess, But assuming I am well, I don't really know.

Would it be weird to just swim, then hand over my chip and say I am withdrawing? Or should I just jump on the bike and see how far I get? Treat is as a training session and if I get pulled not worry too much about it! Race the swim though!

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

MC - not that I know anything or have any experience but I think you might as well see how far you get and just keep it as totally pressure/goal free training session. Obviously depending on you lurgy. Hope you feel better soon.

• MC - if it were me I'd want my money's worth image Why not just give it whatever you've got on the day - you may surprise yourself.

yeah, I may as well give it a go - I am not a quitter, just haven't done the training I should have. Doesn't help that 3 of the weekends since I did the marathon I have been ill! Ah well, so long as I am well on the day I will do it. NO pressure, and if I don't finish, I get to eat ice cream and cheer on everyone else  image

feeling crap today though, throat bad, coughing and snotty nose. So, sofa and book it is....may visit the library for more books image

• it was raining last night so I didn't do my run, this morning I got up to do a quick 10k bike lap.  It was made quicker by a polite lorry driver sat one car length behind me while I frantically pedalled towards the nearest passing place.

I must run tonight!

MC - do you have a kindle (other e-readers are available)...I fill mine up with all the free/cheap books from amazon...I got the fink Ironfit book for £2.52 on kindle...what kind of stuff do you read?

• Have been quite tired the past two days and was super tired last night so in conjunction with hideous weather report gave the long bike and OW swim a miss image hopefully will be able to do a ride run brick session tomorrow even if it sitting on the turbo!

Lol mine is full with free and cheap books too Pete - except for the running and tri books image When Christmas, Bday's or long holidays roll around Im allowed to go a bit mad and get the pricier ones image 

pete - I still prefer paper books! I still have books that I was given for xmas that I haven't read yet because with work I never really get the time! I like things like Gabriel Garcia Marquz, Isabel Allende...