Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Been to see the physio, got to go back on 29th but all OK ish. I'm allowed to run but if I so much as feel my right achilles then I'm to stop as it's very tight. Had some acupuncture on it and all strapped up for now. But all systems go and it should settle down as long as I'm nice to it between now and race day. image

• Options

Managed to drag myself out of bed on time for going to Park Run, so going to go and tick off my second attendance. The missus is also going to come along and do her first, she's just currently trying to convince herself it's worth getting out of bed.

Back to running for me!

• Options

Ali - good news

CJ - dark chocolate is good for you - it has lots of iron in

DB - have fun at parkrun

I am off to spinning and swimming, though I would much rather stay in bed!

• Options

Cycled down to park run on the new cross bike, but took the direct road route. Slow steady run (about 32 minutes) in lovely sunshine, then we cycled back through the muddy woods with some challenging sections. Quick brew now then I think I'll jump on the hybrid and ride to the shops for some much earned bacon, sausages and eggs

• Options

*whispers* I think I am definitely on the road to recovery. Swim went well this morning and Pilates tonight was a short class due to the church hall being locked and having to wait for someone to turn up with the key, but I have thought about maybe doing a little run/walk on Friday.

After doing absolutely nothing exercise wise in July or July, I did one swim a week in August, then September has seen 1 swim and 1 short bike ride each week, so fingers crossed I can add a little run/walk once a week without overtiring myself.

Mr Steady has another hospital appointment tomorrow, so hopefully things are looking up.

• Options

Glad to hear things are improving in the Steady house hold.

I'm definitely balking about Barcelona, but I really need to get organised now. Still can't run but leg is getting less sore. 

• Options

yay, steady, great news and fingers crossed it is good news for me steady too

Ali - just give it your best shot. If you have to walk the run then so be it, just go, have fun and take the day how it comes

went to a public swim session today - why on earth would someone go in the 'medium' lane if they couldn't actually swim?? Arghhhh. When the county squad took over half the pool a lot of people seemed to feel intimidated and left though and I ended up with a lane to myself for a while image 

• Options

Ali - I'm sure all will be good on the day and you'll smash it! Gonna watch some Barca videos on YouTube later whilst turboing image  Remember to enjoy it, you'll be fab image

Cant beat a bit of one rage Maths image

Steady - good to hear things are settling down a bit for you image

• Options

Now Hubby has a really bad cold, arghh taper madness is in full swing. Has anyone got an isolation bubble I could borrow please? image

• Options

arghh I am tired

ALi - just stay away from him!

no exercise for me today - just getting through a day at work has been enough

• Options

Well yesterday I got my entry in for my first even for next year, the Greater Manchester Marathon. Was going to celebrate by getting down to Parkrun this morning, but last night I was struck down by what would appear to be man flu. Had plans for a nice ride out tomorrow to a lovely pub for an ale or two, so will just have to see how I'm feeling. It's never during the week is it?

• Options

DB - typical isn't it!! It is beautiful outside as well

I seem to have ITBS so don't think I will be doing the Nottingham half tomorrow after all and reaquaint myself with the foam roller soon

• Options

Overcast here but I'd still rather be out doing stuff. Might drag myself down to the bike shop for some new bar tape for the CX bike, it's one of the few things about it I'm not happy with.

• Options

Well whilst I was sleeping last night the missus entered us both into the Whinlatter Off-road Duathlon. Gives me something to aim for in the short term and the chance to finish the season on something other than a DNF/DNS. Need to get some trail shoes sorted and do some proper mountain biking between now and Nov 15th...

• Options

Nice going DB, good to have a goal. I have not entered anything but may do a parkrun just so I can have a positive end to the year.

I have enjoyed the sunshine and been out for a pootle on the bike. Managed an hour at 12.6 mph so not too shabby for me, it was on a fairly flat route but definitely my limit at the moment. My garmin effort reading was 4.9, apparently 5 is over-reaching, so need to take care.

• Options

Good to get out, well done. Still feeling a bit rough but the sun's shining so I'm going to at least try to get out on the bike for a couple of hours steady riding this afternoon. Medicinal pints halfway...

• Options

well done steady, just being out in the sun is good. I went for an off road bike ride, no garmin or hrm, just had a nice steady ride

• Options

Yup being out there in the sun is lovely. I did get out, meant to take the Garmin but in the rush to head out and meet people completely forgot to pick it up so I've got no idea of my average speed or anything. Think we did about 27 miles, stopping for a couple of pints midway. Felt quite good actually whilst cycling, the sniffles subsided and it was just nice to be out. This time of year you know it could well be the last warm, sunny weekend. Getting close to the point where sunny means crisp and cold...

• Options

Wasn't the weather glorious image I think that's the first time this year I've said that!

Cycled over to Southwold with my friend who is also doing Barcelona and we stopped at the pier for scones and diet coke then cycled home again. A good chatty ride but kept seeing 16 mph on the garmin so we were both very happy and nice confidence boosting long ride. Then home to clean bike and pack, both bike and bag started their trip over yesterday morning. Getting very excited now image 

• Options

Ali - when do you go?

beautiful again today - real shame to be at work!

• Options

Fly out on Friday it's a bit of mad dash as not many holiday days left and taking the kids out of college for it. Yep wish I wasn't stuck at work today it's looking gorgeous out there. Just got back from my final physio visit and I get to try a 20 min run tomorrow to remind my system it's got a marathon to do on Sunday! image

• Options

well good luck Ali, I will spend some of Sunday tracking you! 

• Options

20 min run turned into a very enjoyable 30 mins run round the village in the sunshine this morning. Got to check out the scarecrow trail and we have some very talented locals image Legs felt good although in shock at running so I'm hopeful that everything is on track and I will have a good race image I'm race number 543 if anyone would like to track me image 

• Options

Good luck AliBear.

• Options

Go smash it Ali!!!! Be amazing image

• Options

Restarted the c25k schedule today, week 1 day 1 and managed 1.9 miles in 30 minutes.

Just hope I do not have a wiped out weekend having done it.

• Options

Finally felt up to running again, so did 3 miles yesterday, then 24 miles or so on the bike to visit the mother in law in her new house. Off out for another ride later today too.

Keeping an eye on the tracker, Ali is through 39km on the bike 

• Options

Oo.. Ali almost off the bike image

• Options

excellent, she is off the bike and running, I know she was worried about the cut offs on the bike being quite tight, but a fab bike leg

• Options

Ali still moving nicely. Come on girl, will pop the finish line stream on shortly. Come on Ali!!!