Whats it all about Alfie

2»

Comments

• A few years ago my neighbour (whose wife had just undergone a minor heart op.) told me his wife "had this balloon thing put into her arteries and pumped up - an anagram"

Bless.

So, FLR, is it time for the fish jokes to start, then? I'm just a lonely sole... halibut too much to drink last night....
    There's a whole in my lovelife and I'm looking for someone to fillet....???

• Mmmm, this is getting a little fishy.. ;-)
  • probably just a red herring...
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    I prefer cricketers to firemen I must say. Or firemen playing cricket.....oh now that's a thought....
  • Thanks guys, made me feel alot better!:)))
    My RFL is in Cardiff and will be the second one, last years was my first ever race.
    Even considering a 10k soon.

Love the fireman story, still making me chuckle!!!

FLR are you a common Carp or a mirror Carp..
  • FF - you sent me cake instead of =ve vibes by mistake. Thanks anyway though.

Hetfinch - I have hurt my footsie. I cannot plod. boooo :(

i will have no other choice but to go out and get razzled tonight. Oh well....
  • you're probably right, Alf!
    How's the injury?
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    it will be medicinal Alf don't worry!
  • I think the 5 miles on Wednesday made it worse. It will be all i can do to hobble round the pubs...sigh!

:)
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    Hope it gets better soon Alf, take it easy in the meantime
  • Alf you naughty boy, I saw the advice given to you........Still alcohol is the most wonderful anesthetic (SP?) I know of
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    ooh yes Melsie, I agree. I will try the theory out tonight (got a bit of a headache)....
  • Poor, poor Alf. Did you overdo it on your run, by any chance???? (said in stern, matronly-type voice). You take it easy on that pub hobble.

I used to know a fabulous fish joke... will have to see if I can remember it....
  • I remember, I remember (I think...)

Name three fish that end with 'K'

1. Haddock
    2. Shark
    3. Kilmarnock

Why Kilmarnock??
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    wait for it.....
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    It's a 'plaice' in Scotland!!!!!
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    tee hee! Nice one Hetfinch!
  • Oh, Alf, completely out of it today got all me cyber-vibes mixed up....here, have some more cake....
  • LOL!! That ones going to be e-mailed around the office...

I did overdo it. Busted.
  • There's always the one about Noah. God told him that, despite the rains and the flooding, Noah would have to stock up on certain fresh water fish to ensure that the new world had enough supplies to keep all the freshwater fishermen happy. God being a freshwater fishing fan, obviously.

But when all the freshwater fish arrive, Noah decides that his ark just isn't big enough. So he sets about putting another level on his ark. Still not big enough for all the fish. So he puts another level on it, and so on and so on until all the fish are safely tucked away on the ark.

And what was Noah left with in the end?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    wait for it
    ?
    ?
    ?
    A multi-storey carp ark......
  • 3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    Back seems much better so am gradually been building up plodding again after an enforced rest. In one week back to exercise I've dropped 1.5Kg (which is nice)

And something to make you groan...

I dunno about fish but watching this tennis is making me feel kinda spooked...

Well Tim Henman, he's a witch aint he?

And that commentator, John McEnroe, he's a witch as well, ain't he?

and undoubtably that other tennis star Goran.. 'evenhesawitch'
  • oh dear

if I am in anyway guilty of starting the fish thing, I apologise un- thingedly (too tired to think of word)

and am not rude enough to tell the anchovy joke

Melsie - shocked that you need to ask if I'm a common carp - purple nails with diamante not at all common.

Alf virtual alka seltzer for tomorrow then - no running at the w/e or you know where you'll be sitting ... actually Kids A&B currently running a card system rather than naughty step - red and yellow cards,2 yellow cards or one red card = a tv ban

so far I've been quite good so they've not banned me from watching Wimbledon
  • Groan........

(yup, it worked! which is a lot more than I'm doing at the moment)

:0)
  • glad you're determined and dangerous Het - brings to mind a pike (no, didn't say it)

good luck with your RFL

• SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    ooh 3TL...they are getting worse!

Nice to see you back on here :)
  • FLR - It's obvious that you are far from being common, unlike myself. Must con my friend into painting my nails....might get a bit of class then.

Wonder if the Card thing can work on Boyfriends, I think I must be getting far too violent recently.(Every threat I utter begins with ' I am gonna break....') Must stop watching ganster films.........
    Oh the sun is out I can wear my new shoes out tonight........
  • We DEMAND the anchovy joke...

(A fish joke I haven't heard..... I need to hear it, I need to....)

Melsie - I hate to break this to you, but cows don't have nails. Perhaps you should get your udders pierced?

I was rather hoping for a plod in the rain tonight, but it looks like the sun is just about to come out again. Oh well.

Only 10 mins to go and then I can go home (lots of wine and indian takeaway I think).

Byeeee

Heather :0)
  • A fishy joke to end my day (and probably your too!!)

A bloke starts his new job at the zoo and is given three tasks.

The first is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds. He starts on
    this when suddenly a huge fish leaps out and bites him.

He is not going to let a fish have a go so he beats the offending fish
    to death with a spade.

Realising that his boss is not going to be best pleased, he tries to
    find a way to hide the dead fish.

He hits on the brilliant idea of giving the fish to the lions as lions will eat anything. So he throws the fish into the lion's cage.

He then moves on to his second job, which is to clear out the monkey
    house.

He goes in and a couple of chimps starts throwing coconuts at him.
    Un-amused he swipes at the chimps with his spade, killing them
    instantly.

He's really worried now, so what does he do? He feeds the chimps to the lions, because lions eat anything. He hurls
    them into the lion's cage.

Anyway, he moves on to his last job, which is to collect honey from South American bees.

He starts on this and quickly gets attacked by the bees.

Alarmed, he grabs his spade and smashes the bees as hard as he can,
    squashing them to death.

By this point he is not too worried about the death of bees as he knows
    what to do by now. He throws them into the lion's cage, because lions
    eat anything.

Later that day a new lion arrives at the zoo. It wanders up to another
    lion and says "What's the food like in here?".

The other lion says: "Absolutely brilliant! Today we had fish, chimps
    and mushy bees!!!
  • Well, kind of fishy!!

Happy Weekend Plodding y'all.
  • will do anchovy joke next week when post R4L results

night all
  • I had another plod today - indoors as it was pouring with rain up here in Warrington. 20 mins treadmill + 20 minutes eliptical trainer (Alf you choose which 10 minutes you want).

I only know one joke with fish in it - so here goes.

Two parrots were sitting on a perch. The one said to the other, "Doesn't is smell a bit fishy here?"

Hope you all have fun plodding this weekend.