Brief history..don 2 marathons in last 10 months (Dublin and Paris) and finished both in 4.34. Currently training for third marathon in September (Berlin). Would like to do sub4 or at least close!
Previously I have concentrated on banging out the miles but his campaign I am including speedwork. My current schedule is as follows:
1) Long run - between from 10 and up to 24 miles run at between 9.30 and 10.00 pace.
2) Marathon pace run - 6 to 8 miles at betwee 8.45 and 9.00 pace.
3) 4 x 800m repeats. Normally run at around 7.20 pace but this week averaged at 7.08 pace (PB)
4) 12 - 20 back to back laps at the track (4.8 - 8.0 k). Try and runa s close as poss to 8.00 mile speed. Best 8k has been to date 8.11 pace and best 4.8 k (12 laps) is 7.58 mile speed (this morning!)
5) Weight training twice per week
6) One day complete rest.
By half-marathon pb is 1.58 and can reasonably comfortably run 10 miles at sub 9.00 min miles and have run 15 at this pace before.
Any suggestions for improvements or comments.