Grindlefor Gallop 2011

13»

Comments

• Morning Jim
    Nice to have met you on Saturday, i can only echo Frodo it is a lovely event, and it's great to run in such fantastic scenery.
    My legs are still pretty sore this morning, i hope i can recover in time for Sundays Dronfield 10K, allthough its going to seem like a run around the block after the Gallop!
  • Frodo - 21 miles is what I had too. I had in mind that it should be21.7 miles but can't remember why just now.

TBH - having walked so much, I haven't really suffered with DOMS. In fact I ran the line for the second half of my son's footy game on Sunday without any bother. It seems a far cry from the suffering & anguish of last Thursday.

• Really enjoyed this, more so than last year. The conditions where perfect.

It's got to be my favorite race, fantastic and challenging course.

I thought I was going to break 3hours at one point... oh well gives me something to aim for next year!

• Shaun - although I was way down the field after you I reckon the last 5 miles (up to & along the Edges) are a really strong test for anyone's intended finishing time.

As you say, the whole of the course is challenging. I dunno whether it's better to push it along the Monsal Trail or hold back a little. As for the climb to Ballcross Farm!

All the Best for next year's attempt image.

• Worth the journey from Gloucestershire. narrowly missed my 3.15 target but there is always next year.