Options

RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options

The 4 Villages is a great half but it fills up fast. You'll have to be quick if you haven't already got a place! See you there!

Redhead I waved and shouted as our paths crossed but you didn't notice. image

• Options

Hi everyone

I'm new to this, just found the link when I was looking for photos from Sunday's Liverpool Marathon. Does anyonw know where all the photos are? I'm looking for some more of a friend, I've been on marathonfotos but they've still not uploaded any pics. 

I was a volunteer for the day and I have to say I had the most amazing time handing out medals to all the wonderful people who took part. It was a great atmosphere and all the runners did extremely well and we're all so thankfu, giving me many kind words of thanks for helping out as a volunteer. I've really enjoyed looking through the photos myself and spotting people who I remember giving medals to and its just great as I feel like I was apart of their 26.2 mile journey. 

I hold the memory of giving one of my best friends and an old school teacher her medal at the finish line, it was the icing on the cake for me and I am amazed it happened after I got moved to another station towards the end of the day. Shes my inspiration! 

Congratulations to you all again who took part it was a brilliant day and one day I hope to maybe run it myself. 

Jen image

• Options

ooh there is a tunnel 10k I'd be up for doing that, when is that?

Redhead you are doing London??? I know scooby-dudek is also doing London as am I, is there anyone else off the list doing London?

I've also signed up for Bham half ( now great bham run as took over by bupa ) and Silverstone HM if anyone is doing any of these events it would be great to know to organise meeting up ( perhaps not by a first aid tent!!! )

• Options
    Ulen (madasaboxoffrogs) wrote (see)
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Mr LB thinks it's a tough course too but that makes it a challenge and more interesting! If you want flat run in Norfolk! image

Now there's an idea. When's the Norfolk marathon?

you gonna go for a sub 4 there then Ulen image
  • Options
    k
    fit-running-cat wrote (see)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305455_260112837364997_100000988481843_761211_579256579_n.jpg

How tall is Beer & Lard!!!!! how could i miss him at the start Dam that first aid tent not being there!!!

• Options
    alan rothwell 3 wrote (see)
    I think Mr. Rothwell will!!
    Your allowed a week off first mate. If it's not up before the end of Nov we will shout boo!image
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    As for Lagerman thinking Birkenhead and Wallasey might be some of the largest towns in Britain... Not even close. Luton, Reading and Dudley and Warrington are all twice as big or more by population! I am such an anorak! image
    image I believe but not sure that Wakefield is the largest town in the country?
    Jay Snizzel wrote (see)
    Cake BTW it was good to see you and say hello. How did you get on with your plan of tagging along with Suzanne Collins and her pacing team?

Afraid not mate I didn't have it in me. Barely fineshed. image

been told about helsby half the other day and might be up for it depends in cash next few months. Helsby half. Looks like Manchester marathon might clash with tother stuff but still very interested in it if I can get a permition to play. Otherwise races planning on are grizzly, Worksop, Clowne,Liverpool, Sheffield, Buxton & Eyam half's, a couple of marathons not sure which ones yet and some of the normal fell and tri stuff as well.  

• Options
    I think the pictures will be on marathonfoto soon as the number of unidentified male runners pages is increasing so they are starting to upload pictures.
  • Options
    Just checked and mine are on there - wow I look a mess!

Edit: ouch - they're fifty quid - but there are a lot them.
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    As for Lagerman thinking Birkenhead and Wallasey might be some of the largest towns in Britain... Not even close. Luton, Reading and Dudley and Warrington are all twice as big or more by population! I am such an anorak! image

I stand corrected. 

I was told many years ago that Birkenhead was the largest town in the UK.  It may have been a fact at one time, but I'm not that much of an anorak to find out!!

2 recovery runs completed.  Now time to find my next challenge.  I'm the type that needs to enter a race to give me inspiration to get out and run.

I've done 4 villages 4 times, it's a great race.  I'm looking at 2 of possibly Barcelona half, Liverpool half,  Prague half or Shakespeare half.

Will definitely be at Liverpool marathon next year, but don't know wether to run, spectate or volunteer.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments on here, it's been some journey!  Good luck to everyone.  Hope all your running experiences are good ones.  xx

• Options
    cybarevcybarev ✭✭✭
    My photos are up too but I can't really see what I look like on them because there doesn't seem to be a large preview available, only small thumbnails!
  • Options

Cybarev, you need to click on the ltitle magnifying glass under the picture, that will bring up a massive preview (I do love that marathonfoto does that, as opposed to marathon-photos)!

They're definitely starting to trickle in.  I had one picture up 2 hours ago and now about 6.  They caught my angry walk though! Damn, I was hoping the photographer would have the sense not to click his button after my evil eye image

I think I'm going to do Barcelona in the spring, and really think I want to come back for Liverpool, despite my earlier feelings.  Can't decide upon spectating, volunteering, or running it just to prove I can keep a smile on my face! image  Half-wise, I think my plans include Tunbridge Wells, Windsor, and maybe Bath.  Have entered the lottery for the Olympic park 5-miler (don't care about time, just experience, particularly as it would be 6 days post-Barcelona).

Am about to head out for a quick run, wearing my pretty blue Liverpool technical top image

• Options
    Jennifer - I don't know if you were the person who gave me my medal, but I loved that moment - it was fantastic having it put around my neck. All the volunteers at the finish (as well as all the way around)were so supportive and helpful, and really made the event special. THANK YOU!

The photos are now appearing on marathonfotos, but there are lots of others around the internet already, including the facebook page Daniel has set up.

cybarev - you need to click on the little magnifying glass at the bottom of the photo and you'll see a larger version. Unfortunately the photos of me at the finish aren't great - as ever in race photos I always seem to be pulling a face at just the wrong moment - but there are some good ones from around the course.
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭
    Blimey - I look terrible in some of mine - not paying £££ for those....
  • Options
    cybarevcybarev ✭✭✭
    Tealsocks and jonc27, Ta for letting me know. Durgh!

Now that I can see them in their glory, after looking at the state of desperation in my eyes I can safely say I will not be buying them!

• Options

I'm only 4 foot 11 inches tall. A very tall 4 foot 11 though image.

Saw the pictures - then gulped at the price. Wanted a finish line picture - hence touching the clock but not paying that much - will use those taken but Mrs B&L once i'd got my medal.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/180880/Gallery/marathon02.JPG

I'm actually 6ft 7 ish

• Options
    Nice picture B&L, mine all look rubbish (or is that what all us ugly people say? image
  • Options

hahahaha Beer and Lard that is the BEST EVER FINISH photo I have ever seen, i'm rofl It is just brilliant, so wish i'd have seen you at the start to shout you on, I saw Geoff twice if you were running with him, then i would have realised to look for a tall geezer lol

Jay Snizzel, glad u posted ur picture up, as i shouted you, i remembering shouting Jay, again it would have been at Mile 15, cos i stood there for ages ( a good 2 hours i reckon )

how do u do photos do u just post the http address and it does them???

• Options
    That is the best photo ever, b&l. Magic!

Hm Click the image insert, and just paste the URL.

next year there should be a festival of running may5-6th, 5k & team challenge on Saturday, separate 10k men & women on the Sunday... All at everyone's favourite place - sefton park.

Tunnel 10k no date yet, probably guess around June 3rd or 10th

• Options

Morning all,

Hope you have all had chance to look at the photos now. They are definately not flattering.

B+L your finish line one is brilliant. If I didn't have a complex about my height before, I certainly developed one standing next to you before the race. It was good to put a face to the name.

The only person I was disappointed at meeting was Cake as it shattered my illusion that the bloke from shameless was running marathons.

Can't say I'll be parting with any of my hard earned cash for any of the pics, I don't want to remember the day as torturous.

FRC that one of us at the start is ok, its nice to see a smile on our faces. It was soon wiped off once the race got going.

Hannahsmom thank you for cheering me on. It was the support that made this such a wonderful occasion. I couldn't have done it without it. (-:
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Russell, oh no! I'm so sorry - I was looking out for you, honest guv image

Hannahsmom, yep, I'll be at London. Possibly for the last time as I want to concentrate on other marathons (but I have said that before!).

B&L, that is a fantastic finish photo.

The weather is glorious down here today and I'm going over the hills and far away at lunchtime image
  • Options

Is anyone treating themselves to some piccies?

I am really pleased with mine (most of them), but I really don't think I can justify the expense!  Plus....the postage is £6 too!  Works out a lot of money.

• Options

Technophobe here, 

How do you save the images?  Right clicking won't work.

• Options
    paul 22 wrote (see)

The only person I was disappointed at meeting was Cake as it shattered my illusion that the bloke from shameless was running marathons.

image I have that effect on people. image

• Options

I Know everyone on here has said about the price of the pictures, but come on guys your not just buying pictures your buying memories image and you cant really put a price on that!

• Options
    Hello Mark, are there any plans for another 10k at Delamere forest next year?
  • Options

Everyone come and join the fun on the runliverpool marathon 2012 forum

• Options
    StDomingo wrote (see)
    Hello Mark, are there any plans for another 10k at Delamere forest next year?
    Hi mate, yes we will be back there again next year image
  • Options
    Another technophobe...

How do you save the images, the right click won't work?
  • Options

You can't save the images, it's takes a bit of screen capturing magic.

I might buy one, depending on what else comes through of me (my page currently says at 51% processing).  I do like the background image for the four-picture montage, but I currently don't have four decent pictures! image