RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

Comments

• Thought I'd add a link to the 2012 Marathon forum
  • Oh - and I've only just managed to get my avatar uploaded image
  • If right click won't work, try switching off JavaScript

Lager man, what number were you? Keep looking when out, and thinking it's you.
    Saw someone on Tuesday night on sea front , and wondered image
  • Alan
    Is there a reason the Run Liverpool events are not listed on the events page of the Runners World site? Without the listing it is difficult to find the forums. They all appear on the John Schofield site but not here.
  • Also how do we leave a review of the Liverpool Marathon we all loved?

Chester guys are leaving their feedback so...
  • I think RL events are not listed because we don't have our online facility with them. I'm not entirely sure but will look into it.
  • Not all the events listed have online payments with runners world Alan, Helsby half for example.
  • Alan

You need to find out thats why Runliverpool events aren't in the top races to (rating in magazine)because we can't rate them ive e-mail RW but to no avail

• As far as I know it just needs the online form to be completed - there's an "Add Event" link under the Events tab. No need to have online entry through RW.

Not sure if it can be done retrospectively for the marathon, but it would be worth a try to capture the feedback ahead of next year.
  • FRC

I'm number 2364 (Collins)

Some great pics on marathonfoto.com.  I won't be paying the prices they want but it would be nice to put some on facey.

Had a strange Saturday.  No running and a few afternoon beers in the sun. 

Just entered a 10k in Regents Park, London, March 17th, will be making a weekend of it as I did earlier this year.  Charity run for Missing People, Madeleine McCann's mum and dad did it last time.  As they say 'Never Give Up Hope'. 

• Hey lager. Nope don't recognise you at all image

Funny we live 2 mins apart and have never run across each other during all the training on virtually the same 16-20+ miler.. one of these days.

In winter look for yellow running jacket, usually a black hat... maybe with MrsFRC too.

I was no 3908... and very very surprised to see I finished before you... You were flying first 15-20 miles according to times. Did you hit the wall - You looked on for well sub 3.30 time ?

There are loads of photos on that face book group
  • Some top fotos on the Marathonfoto website.

Hope everyone's recovery has been going well this week?

I did a blog on the race if anyone is interested in reading at all.

The Long & Winding Road

• Good read that Jase. Made my eyes water reading your paces. Sub 6 min miles in a marathon I'm going for a lie down.
  • Race Jace - I have a really nice trophy for you and you left without taking your 3rd place (cash) prize. I will arrange for you early next week!! Very well done.
  • Yes FRC,  had a mare.   Last 10 miles was 30 minutes slower than first 10, due to many walk stops with calf cramps.  3:49 was a PW for me.

I'm basically lazy so I followed the Furman 3 runs a week training plan.  I just don't think that is enough.  I averaged 30 to 35 miles a week which is too little.  I find it difficult and a bit boring to do 5 or 6 runs a week but if I want to improve I suppose it's the only way. 

I work shifts, so my runs are usually mornings or afternoons.  Will see you sooner or later, no doubt. and say hello.

• Nice one Jase, a brilliant run and a great write up - you felt pain where I did. I'm not quite as satisfied with finishing 25 minutes slower than planned as you are about the 9 minutes - but they were challenging conditions.

• Well done Race Jase, nice to hear it from your perspective, well done on a great race,
    Will you be returning next year?
  • Jase

great account of the race.  Exactly how I felt on the tunnel exit.  You put it in words very well,  but truly you have to experience it personally to know that feeling.  Tear to the eye and lump in throat all again!

Hope you come back next year and win.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

That was a really good read Race Jase - and congratulations!

• Brilliant stuff Jase - congratulations on your 3rd place. Really interesting to hear your perspective as one of the leaders.

I don't think I could run 1 mile in 6 minutes, never mind 26 of them!

I saw the 2 guys ahead of you as I turned from Upper Parliament Street towards the parks, but I think I must have missed you as the road split to dual carriageway.

Glad it's not just me that still has a tear in my eye thinking about that exit from the tunnel. I've been trying to explain it to people each week, but as you say it's just one of those things you've got to experience it yourself. Thanks for sharing your memories of it all.
  • Thanks folks, glad you enjoyed it. It was fun writing it.

Mish/Lagerman I wont be back next year as I'm only doing London next year but I will be back at some point in the future. I want to focus on shorter distance races for a while as I cant seem to run much quicker than marathon pace.

Alan- thanks. I'm sorry for going without my prize. I asked a marshal by the baggage but he didnt know where I should get it from and then I went to that Posrche VIP bit but couldnt find any officials. I then had to dash back to Lime St to get my train. Look forward to receiving the trophy and cash. My wife has already spent it! image

• Race Jase - really enjoyed reading your blog - another world to runners like me. I was just about passing mile 15 when you finished!!

Interestingly enough though the emotions are very similar - even though I was literally miles behind you my last mile was my quickest albeit at 10 minute pace.

I won't be back next year either - I am a 1.45 HM runner but have not been able to beat 5 hours in 3 attempts at the marathon. No surprise this year as I hadn't done ant marathon training for 8 weeks as I had decided not to do the run - then changed my mind the day before!! Going to concentrate on HM's to see if I can get near my PB of 1.35 (Chester 1996!!) - best as a veteran(54 in december) is 1.47(chester 2010)

Had a terrible run from mile 16 onwards but i will NEVER forget exiting the tunnel - that is probably my best experience of doing a mararthon and I've done London twice and they were pretty special.

Good luck with the shorter distances and hope all goes well with the baby.

Just a quick note for Alan - after having a week to reflect on the run I have to say it was just superb!! I for one would recommend it - it is what a proper marathon shoud be, a real challenge!! Well done!!

• Combination of injury & work commitments meant I couldn't make it this year, but looking forward to next year. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
  • Race Jase, I was blown away with just how much determination you had in the final stages of the marathon. You should feel very proud of third place and I'm sure that a 2.30 marathon will follow very soon.

I am going to save that blog and read it when I'm struggling in training or the night before my next marathon. It is really inspiring to know that the front runners struggle just as much as the ones at the back of the field. You make it look so effortless. Thanks for the blog. It was certainly like reading my own thoughts in places (not the bit about running sub 6m/m).image

• That was a brilliant read Race Jase.....a fantastic effort and your determination wasincredibly impressive.  The blog was a wonderful insight  into what it feels like to be at the 'sharp end' of a race whilst most of us are challanging our personal demons much further back. 

It was heartening to see that you felt the same emotions coming out of the tunnel...and for me personally, seeing you pass me (by Blundell St on Wapping) defined my race.  I remembered you were number 8 and hoping for between 2:20 and 2:30 and then (the leader passed me at 2:31) I seen you in third place I screamed out 'go on Jase' and then thought.....oh shit....this course is tougher than he thought!!! 

Thanks for posting and congratulations on your placing!!!

• I can only echo the sentiments of those above Jase, brilliant read and it's heartening to read how proud you were for you and your family. My Mum surprised me by saying how proud she was of me and I finished in 5 hrs and 57 seconds!

Good luck with parenthood as well, thats what got me running in the first place (getting away from screaming kids!image

• By the way Alan, Jase said I can come and collect the prize money on his behalfimage
  • Jase did u say you're doing London, oooh RW meet up???  I'm staying with  my friend who lives  in Cambden Town and will probably go down early Sat to spend the day in London just chilling, so perhaps we could organise a meet up or a meeting place on Blackheath common, cos i know that i wont see you for dust once you start hahahaha not doing your pace

i will read your blog when i get a minute i'll look forward to reading it

Jo

• Race Jase- nice read well done

• image Nice one Jase.

treadmiller wrote (see)
    Alan Is there a reason the Run Liverpool events are not listed on the events page of the Runners World site? Without the listing it is difficult to find the forums. They all appear on the John Schofield site but not here.
    alan rothwell 3 wrote (see)
    I think RL events are not listed because we don't have our online facility with them. I'm not entirely sure but will look into it.

I think from what others have said that you have to pay runnersworld to get your event in the listings?