RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

1180181182183184186»

Comments

• Can't be that much though ?

Marks Bug run events are listed and they're not massive huge events , great though they are
  • hi Alan

just got an email saying we could buy another marathon tshirt online for £6, im presuming thats on runliverpool website but cant find it anywhere image

• Boothy, email has a survey in it I thought
  • Can the last poster turn off the lights please...image
  • Boothy - it's £3 in person at the shop or send a cheque in for £6 to cover postage. They are not online.
  • Hey Alan

I entered the race but dns'd it as I had the start of an unexpected honeymoon that weekend. I did spectate for an hour opposite Albert Dock and your stewards did a fantastic job marshalling the people who wanted to cross the dock road. Some of the people wanting to cross were quite impatient and the guys there doing the job were really efficient and polite.

Well done! You did Liverpool proud, I stayed in the Crowne Plaza and spoke to numerous runners and spectators the night of the marathon who had very little negative comment, all seemed to enjoy themselves...

Well done!
  • Corinthian - some people are never happy but most enjoyed the race and the day. For example I've just sent an email out to all offering a second finisher's T shirt for £3 (it's what they cost us) and had a reply back saying we should be paying people to take them off us as they are worthless cheap tat. I think in the grand scheme of things most people will treasure them as a souvenir of the day and a reminder of their achievement.

Sadly there are people out there who are never satisfied and can't see beyond the entry fee!!

• OMG - I can't believe that, the prize is in the achievement not the goodies ! !

• i will say it for you Alan

"W@nkers"image

• cheers alan,i'll get a cheque sent out,i dont mind what size,its just one that i'll keep and hopefully frame with my medal and photos. I've not actually wrote my opinion on this thread about my 1st marathon but have read every comment left. Basically it was just getting repetitive about what people enjoyed and didnt enjoy(ie the start). I would just like to say overall, the day was fantastic,i came down from Bolton and ran with 7 others from Liverpool. My wife and 2 boys braved the rain and took 3 trains to get there. My training was virtually finished 5 weeks prior to race day due to my IT Band playing up and even though my time was over an hour slower than it couldve been,i couldnt care less,it was a fantastic experience and the crowd were quite simply superb. I'll never forget coming out the tunnel and when i saw my 3 year old just round the corner from the finish i just couldn't help but pick him up and run to the finish with him image   Thankyou to Alan,the team ,the volunteers,the spectators(who were superb) and everyone who took part. We will all be back next year
  • Thanks for the further comments folks. Really appreciated. image

Well my legs pretty much seem back to normal now so going to start ramping up the training again now.

Hope everyone else is just about recovered? I do find that post marathon there is always a bit of a lull and an emptiness that exists. The only way to rectify that is to find the next challenge to build towards. image

Xabidood thank you for shouting. Like I said in the report I really wanted to return the favour but was concentrating so hard on putting one foot in front of the other. It did give me a great lift though having people shouting support from the other side of the road. Really helped push me on. image

Lol scouse Elvis.

Hannahs mom - yes I'll be at London and a pre race meet up might be nice. That said I do have a tendency to be very nervous before a race and so meeting new people at that point might not be the best idea. Post race at Chandos however. Try and stop me. image I would have been at rigbys this time but had to get a train back darn sarf.

Alan - I just can't believe some people and their whinging. I think mcattack is spot on even if you are too much of a gentleman to agree!
  • Corinthian wrote (see)
    Hey Alan I entered the race but dns'd it as I had the start of an unexpected honeymoon that weekend.

Liar! You DNS'ed because I did...image

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    Hey Alan I entered the race but dns'd it as I had the start of an unexpected honeymoon that weekend.

Liar! You DNS'ed because I did.

So LB and Corry are an item  image

LB I thought I was your one and only image

• Hello Slowie!

Corrie's my plaything.

YOU'RE the real thing.image

• You can now add your vote to a rating for the 2011 Liverpool marathon. If you go to events and select past events it will come up. There are 4 votes so far so it would be good to see that go up....
  • Dear you lot.

THERE IS A NEW THREAD FOR 2012. Move along..... nothing to see here....image