Garmin Forerunner 110

Hiya,recently got myself a 110..Im really pleased with it but theres just 1 small niggle that someone might be able to help me out with..I upload onto the Garmin website after a run to check the stats but parts of the route ive run seems out of sync with the actual route,apparently ive been running across the roofs of houses and through peoples back gardens!!..This dosent happen around the whole route just parts so.....does anyone have any ideas,maybe its just a glitch,i dont know,any ideas...thanks

Andy

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Same with my Garmin (a 305). GPS is not precise to the inch. I forget the margin of error but on consumer devices I think it's 30 feet (someone who knows more about these things will be along to correct me, I'm sure).

Mine often starts me off from the back of the neighbours' house nd has me scaling fences and crossing a few gardens before it joins me along the road, as if I was caught shagging 'er next door and had to make a quick getaway.

It also has me running in the middle of the Thames from time to time.

• lol,glad that wasnt to technical,understood every word!...Im wondering if it gives a wrong overall distance either  + or - on the meterage
  • I've allways wondered if the maps used are actually perfectly inline and true to their readings at all zoom levels

e.g I use Sports Tracks and sometimes if I zoom in close with a satalite photo it looks like I have run through the edge of peoples gardens sometimes, if I then change the view to a standard road map I appear to have run correctly on the edge of the road.