Just started running, come say hi!

Comments

• Lucky you

She is excited she is always on Facebook to them anyway so she is excited
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning all

Not so lucky today JB, fog so thick that can't see over the road!

Heavy rain for Sunday and I'm marshalling, think a souwester needed lol

Have a good weekend all

• Morning All

Good weekend everyone or you Cinders lol

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Afternoon JB, how are you, good weekend?

Marshalled yesterday and the weather was a bit grim but good fun all the same image

• Im good thanks Cinders Noel Gallagher was class on thursday went shopping and out to lunch on Friday before taking the kids to the fair and then Football at the weekend .

What race did you marshall ? the weather was pants my kids team had to play in it , they did not like it but hey ho it was only wind and rain lol

• Hi all,
    Thanks for the reply Cinders. Been running on and off for a few years! Recently more "off" due to having a little one. Just moved house in the country and now enjoying having nice areas to run. Also purchased a treadmill so I can run when the little one is asleep and hubby at work. Very much had to work round hubby's shifts previously which never offered any consistency! Well that was my excuse anyway...
    Still very much plodding at the moment but enjoying it, legs getting better and lungs coping!
    TBB
  • Morning
    Welcome TBB keep it going,

I've entered my first run of the year the magnificent 7 in Ledbury in April, got to start somewhere.
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning JB and all

Tracey, how old is your little one?  Can't blame my lack of running on my *little* one anymore as he's 4!!  Found my treddie brilliant when he was smaller image

JB, when in April is your race?  Does it involve any mud? image

• April 15th gives me enough time for my football season to end. Not really read up on it but its through woods so I hope so
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Strong possibility of mud then JB? image

Wanting to run this pm but just in from college, need to defrost!

• Hi JB, Cinders and all
    Mud sounds great JB! Always fancied running through mud and hills etc. Just read Moire O Sullivans book on her ultra running which was crazy fitness in the mud and hills (well mountain range)! My little boy is 2.5 so I have a bit more freedom to run now... The treadmill is great tho!!
    You play footie as well then JB?
    TBB
  • It's been far too long but thought I'd pop back and see if anyone is still checking in

Well I am still in a happy haze after finishing the London marathon on Sunday training hadn't exactly gone to plan and I ended up getting a nasty cough a few weeks before the event but I decided to go for it and just take it easy if my body told me to at any point

Yes I was slow but I kept going and apart from a few aches I am blister and injury free and based on the extreme time now thinking that with the training and pace increase I have the mental drive to try an ultra maybe I lost some sanity somewhere around canary wharf

Either way I think it's back to basics for me I had kinda lost my running mojo pre race with being ill but now I'm looking for some summer challenges and actually stop plodding and start running

Hope everyone is well what have you all got planned in for the year ahead?
  • Hi Jshrew,

Well done to you on completing the Marathon , hope your recovery period is good.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done jshrew image  Already thinking of what's next is a good sign image  Hope your aches and pains ease soon.

Afternoon JB, how's you?

Just back from the gym, rejoined last week.  Been for a swim in the rain!

• Im good thank you Cinders and yourself , how is the gym going ? you working hard, oh yes the rain is great let us british now moan from water drought now that we are having to much rain lol , bring on the twig racing as we used to do as kids when the flow of the rain has a stream like run.
  • Cheers guys the aches aren't too bad and the requirement to walk the dog is keeping me mobile but treating myself to a sports massage tomorrow

As for rain I have never been so cold as getting caught in a torrential downpour on Sunday although it was motivation to run between bridges and walk under them I was so grateful for marshals appearing with ponchos and foil blankets even if they weren't needed for long for that 20mins or so my shorts and t-shirt combo was wholly inappropriate

• Howdee All or whoever is still on here lol

TBB in answer to your question from ages ago in which i missed yes i play football aswell i also coach and manage a team .

Well we survived the Floods of Tewkesbury our own personal swimming pool or the worlds widest lake lol

Ive now entered the Tewkesbury Half which is only a wek on Sunday away so had better do some running i think.

How is Everyone ? Cinders have you got your mojo back and the gym work still going ?

JShrew have all the aches nad pains gone ?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hi JB, nice to see you image 

How bad were the floods?  Luckily we have a cliff about 200m from the end of the road so no flooding here, bit high up!

Good luck with the half, how much training have you done?

All ok here, got a trail 10k on Saturday, not done trail before so looking forward to it image

• Cinders,

The floods were quite bad not as bad as 2007 ive been told but looking over the farmers field about 50yds away it was like " the day after tomorrow" could see the water getting closer.

Ive done bits and bobs not really done over 8 miles for about a month or more, so a bit aprehensive really.

Yeh i think we all should be worried if the water go that high that it came over your cliff lol

how did the 10K go ?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

It was bogtastic thanks, the course was waterlogged so verrry muddy image

We sure had a lot of rain and yet down here we are stil in drought with a hosepipe ban! 

Hope all goes ok for you on Sunday image

• Bogtastic is that really a word im sure Loula would have something to say about that lol !!! not PB conditions then.

I know how much rain yet still a drought !! but why would you need to use a hosepipe when its raining can you not get enough ? lol

I hope it goes well Sunday too , Saturday will be hard as we are up in Stoke as Miss JB has her National finals and god knows what time we will get back.

How is Ickle Mr C enjoying school ?

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lol, yep, no need for a hosepipe at the mo but if it ever stops then I can't fill a paddling pool up.

Probably not a word and LLB would have words image  Any news from her at all?

Good luck for Miss JB for Saturday image

• I think Loula is more in with the ultra crowds now , don't think she comes onto our little runs now to weedy for her lol .

I shall pass the support onto Miss JB thanks
  • Despite the fact that the thread has moved on, I thought I would say hi as a newbie, so Hi!

I have entered the GNR this year and just started running over the last month or so.  Love it.  Seen some steady improvement and managed to do a 5k parkrun at the weekend in 26.35 so pleased with that.  Injured my knee in the process though so out for about a week I think,  Gutted.

Hope everyone else's running is going well.

• Hi gramski ,

Good to hear your getting enjoyment from running , I'm sure you will be fine in the gnr just take it slow as the euphoria will carry you through it all , don't rush back to fast with your knee injury you may do more damage
  • Cheers JB74.

Looking forward to GNR.  I am originally from South Shields (where it finishes) and it is something I have always wanted to do.

Yeah, going to take it easy on the knee as much as I want to get back out.

• Yes its nice to run in your own area , I ran Tewkesbury yesterday was good .

I ran with calf pain and I got it worse now but just had to run
  • Yeah, I live in Brighton at the moment and moving to Edinburgh in June (I know this makes me sound like a gypsy, which I am not!) so it will be nice to go back and do the run.

How did you get on in Tewkesbury?

• You work all over then or just like variety lol

Did ok in it 1.26 , it was my 3rd hm
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome Gramski image

GNR is a great race for crowds and support.  Think I've done 4 image

Well done again JB, stonking time image