A Reading from the Kopites.

Comments

• slowfoot wrote (see)

And bliss is being a manure fan just ask David Gill.

By the way checking the times of your replies suggest you answer before you go to kindergarden. Are you still only allowed to use crayons??

Hope your looking forward to spending the Glazers millions in the summer (opps meant adding to the club debt)

ignore member tab checked image

I tell ya this kind of drivel all stems from giving em the vote.

• On your way to school again

Hope you still get your free milk

Dont worry whiskey nose has stated don't  feel paranoid image

• Stevie G . wrote (see)

buying a few scarfs was never going to have any effect.

The only way you get goons like the Glazers out is by hitting their profits, which means not turning up, and not buying merchandise.

Problem with this is that Man Utd have such a massive base, that would take ages and ages to achieve. Any other club it might work for, teams like Chelsea and Man City, their support will soon reduce when they slip down to their rightful position, but Uited have been huge in support even when not that successful.

It's funny...my local club are trying to do some stupid scarf protest against our goon owner too. But bearing in mind we get less than 1/10th of Man Utd's attendance, and the protest did nothing for them..can't see it doign anything for us!

'Rightful' position?

http://www.toffeeweb.com/history/records/alltime.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_FA_Premier_League_table

1494  - 624 = 870 points you've gained on us since the inception of the PL.  So pre 1993 we were pretty much neck and neck.  

But of course in the world of manchester united football began in 1993.

• If only that were true,aye image

Or would you like me to embarrass you with a count up of silverware????

Only a Berttie would try to suggest that United & Citeh are neck & neck,YCNMIU!!!

35 !

• p.s has she been on here this weekend,as I can't see the drivel she posts anymore?

• Well apparently we're soon to slip back down to where we belong (Ie 2 places below where we are now).  Ironically you are due to slip back down to where you belong below Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal who all won more titles pre 1993 and won more points.

I saw you posted in the mastermind thread you knew about football history, Im sure you dont need to be patronised about why 1993 was significant to success perpetuating further success.

And yes Im well aware of the irony coming from a fan whose team is about to attempt to buy the league every year.  

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Who cares about post 1993 or after 1993? We're talking history of football here. No ones won more than Man Utd in titles.

I believe City have won the league twice, and us 18..so never anywhere near the same ball park. Only reason you're anywhere near the top is the £200m spent last year, on top of the obscene figure before that.

Man Utd have probably spent £200m over the last 10-12 years, yet you've spent that in 1 year. Shocking, and unsustainable.

• how do you confuse a man u fan ? show them a map of manchester.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

don't the majority of Man City fans come from Stockport and the mill towns image

• http://www.redcafe.net/f7/official-transfer-comparison-thread-311572/

Well over £200 million.  Thats ignoring all the inflation within football.

Ok so if we (hypothetically, of course it wont happen) won 20 titles in the next 20 years we would be where we belong and the greatest team in England?  Football has changed dramatically over the past 20 years and its meant success can be achieved and sustained in a way it never has before.  Take everton for example when they were winning their titles they didnt get tens of millions of pounds for doing so.  Next season they'd have to work their bollocks off to win again not just go out and buy Rooney, Ferdinand, Veron etc for £30 million.

Also if you look at the link I posted its top division points accrued, from the inception of the league to 1993 we had accrued I think 6th most points, that suggests to me we are around about where we belong.  Compare yours to everton or Liverpool or Arsenal who've accrued way more than you it suggest they've been there or there abouts where you've had a few seasons at the very top and a lot nowhere to be seen. 

Also SG Im not having that from a southerner!  In truth there's probably more people who say they support united in manchester but I know theres a similar number who go to games regularly. For example of my group of friends there's about 5 city fans going to wembley and 3 united fans.  And thats obviously more biased considering people my age grew up through your glory days.

• Blue legs forever wrote (see)

Well apparently we're soon to slip back down to where we belong (Ie 2 places below where we are now).  Ironically you are due to slip back down to where you belong below Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal who all won more titles pre 1993 and won more points.

I saw you posted in the mastermind thread you knew about football history, Im sure you dont need to be patronised about why 1993 was significant to success perpetuating further success.

And yes Im well aware of the irony coming from a fan whose team is about to attempt to buy the league every year.  

I am glad you that you said'attempt'.

May we just remind you that you are in the same dark hole as you were when ADUG arrived,you have won nothing!!!!!

We all know the Giddyometer has been hitting heady highs since  that glorious evening when Sky Sports News broadcast  live to nation a bunch of goons prancing to around outside the council house with tea towels on their heads chanting 'we've got Robinho'

35 years Bertie ....F**k All!!!!!!!!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Blue Legs, I said last 10 years 200m, you've pulled off a link to stats that go from 1986 or 1993!!

Love that Liverpool have spent a fair bit more than United in that time...and that's spent rather than net, as obviously the Ronaldo 80million helped the net!

Wouldn't want to see Man city's spending though...sheash.

And yes, if you win 20 titles in 20 years you will be the most successful english team, unarguably.

When Everton and Liverpool were winning titles, yes they didn't get the tens of millions, but they still got more money than everyone else. Thus relatively speaking keeping them richer than everyone else. Also, back then players had more integrity and will to win back then, so the chance to play for the best was the overriding ideal.

These days you get players simply after money. Examples like really mediocre players like Lucas Neill turning Liverpool down for a team who offered 50k a week are horrible.

• Other examples of mediocre players looking @ the £££££££ rather than having any serious ambition would be Robinho,Toure x 2,Adebayour,De Jong,Milner,Dzeko,Ballotelli,SWP,Bridge,Kolarov,Gareth Average,Kompany & couple of decent ones in Silva,Johnson & Tevez to name but a few who have taken the weekly wedge over playing for one of Europe's elite.

You can take stats & pretty much make of them what you will.

I am sure there  will be a stat that will appear shortly that will demonstrate that Rooney is a bigger tosser than Bellamy,Terry, Ballotelli & Ashley Cole all put together,even if that ain't necessarily so.

The only stats that should concern the Bertie's are a game this last weekend that saw them go 3rd in premier league played in front on the normal well below capacity of the Council House & the stat that just keeps growing by the day 35 years..........F88K All!!! image

• SG look at the link and add up the spends from 2001-2011.  Easily goes above £200m and thats from a source that would have bias your way. 

If you honestly think us winning 20 titles in 20 years off the back of an oil lord would make us the most successful club then you can have your point.  Personally I take context into account, celtic's 42 titles are obviously not as impressive as the number makes out.

Yeah they got money but not nearly as much - how could they the money was shared between 4 leagues ffs, plus players had a bit more loyalty you'd never get Wayne "once a blue always a blue" rooney moving to you.  Also logically speaking, you say nowadays they only move for the money and you have the most money so surely its easier for YOU.

BRT I'm not sure if you're for real.   I did say 'attempt' as would most city fans regardless of the mongs sky sports manage to drag up.  Even if we did get robinho surely you would have too after years of signing the likes of Samaras, Corradi, michael ball etc.

Also lol at the playing for money.  Your own star man, mr united Rooney (Seems to be cropping up a lot) was threatening to leave your club till Gill came with a fancy new contract.

Saying Kompany is mediocre just goes to show how little you know about modern day football (stick to the history eh?)

Your own club went 37 years without a trophy so pipe down.

• available due to cancelled order.
    100,000 t shirts, with logo on them - manchester united treble winners 2010/2011 ! contact alex ferguson at hahahjumpedthegun.com for more details.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Well done to City...but I'd wait until you actually win a trophy before using a line like your last one.

Apparently the last time you got to the FA cup final you lost to...Bolton.

Could be a funny old gameimage

• not a city fan ! that foul mouth mr potato head sat in the stand made my day. his foul mouth cost the surrey reds the semi
  • tbh that wasn't the cause of the defeat, the united squad can cope with the loss of Rooney and/or any other player.

On the day united just didn't look like they could get past the defence of city. They have these days and whilst a bit disappointing for them, it's only a hiccup no doubt.
  • All gone a bit giddy @ the council house.

I would be very happy to miss out on a possible treble,especially if it meant them losing to Stoke in a final,thats gonna hurt even more image

Oh & thanks to King Kenny(tm) & his best club in the world  for assisting us yesterday  in securing our record breaking 19th!!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal improbably screwing up going ahead in the 98th min probably made up for losing on saturday.

6 points clear with 6 games to go with Arsenal to play 4 away games, including Tottenham! They're in danger of coming 3rd!

• I see the good sports at the Manure have been at it again

Damage to the dressing rooms at Wembley. (Offender should  be prosecuted) The only good thing most didn't have far to travel with them playing in London.

A facebook page removed that insulted 96 football fans who didn't come home. (I think the Manure shirt with 96 wasn't enough gives the game away before the whiskey tainted glasses try to blame someone else) Pure scum

No wonder they are destested by all fair minded football fans

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

All clubs have their pondlife who are an embarrassment to the rest of the club.

Man Utd face loads of other great fans calling them the Munichs and mocking those deaths most weeks, so it goes both ways, both obviously wrong.

Your last line is foolish. You can't actually spell, and it's a stupid bigotted comment.

• Stevie G . wrote (see)

All clubs have their pondlife who are an embarrassment to the rest of the club.

Man Utd face loads of other great fans calling them the Munichs and mocking those deaths most weeks, so it goes both ways, both obviously wrong.

Your last line is foolish. You can't actually spell, and it's a stupid bigotted comment.

The same pondlife that disrupted a youth cup game with Hillsborough chants.

Manure has an arrogance that  goes beyond the pale.

Always someone elses fault can't take responsibility

Opps

As I said DETESTED but did you mean Bigoted?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    ah you're not as thick as you sound then, can spot the ringer mistake image
  • slowfoot wrote (see)

I see the good sports at the Manure have been at it again

Damage to the dressing rooms at Wembley. (Offender should  be prosecuted) The only good thing most didn't have far to travel with them playing in London.

A facebook page removed that insulted 96 football fans who didn't come home. (I think the Manure shirt with 96 wasn't enough gives the game away before the whiskey tainted glasses try to blame someone else) Pure scum

No wonder they are destested by all fair minded football fans

That coming from a club whose supporters have been responsible for the lose of innocent lives at two European finals!

Just goes to show how  ignorant you really are,take a closer look at home Doris!

• BRT wrote (see)

All gone a bit giddy @ the council house.

I would be very happy to miss out on a possible treble,especially if it meant them losing to Stoke in a final,thats gonna hurt even more image

Honestly I'm in shock you're so bitter that you'd rather miss out on a cup final, a trip to wembley (If you even go to games), a chance of a treble etc etc just so you can laugh at a club you maintain aren't even on your radar....  Something doesn't add up.

Also you can hardly expect pissed up fans to respect an air disaster when your own board cant respect the victims and their families.  Know what Im talking about or need I educate you on your own club?

• BLF

BRT is always right and manure never do anything wrong Its called the "Drunken jock effect"

BRT

Abusing the victims and the families of 96 fans who never came home. I stand by my comments PURE SCUM

Don't try and justify it you moron. Your logic is as flawed as a chocolate teapot 

LFC and Man Utd intend to start and education programme between both sets of fans maybe they should start with you 

Please go back to ignoring me you made more sense!

• Lets hope they start with Jackie Blanchflower.

• Blue legs forever wrote (see)
    BRT wrote (see)

All gone a bit giddy @ the council house.

Honestly I'm in shock you're so bitter that you'd rather miss out on a cup final, a trip to wembley (If you even go to games), a chance of a treble etc etc just so you can laugh at a club you maintain aren't even on your radar....  Something doesn't add up.

Also you can hardly expect pissed up fans to respect an air disaster when your own board cant respect the victims and their families.  Know what Im talking about or need I educate you on your own club?

Blue legs forever wrote (see)

Lets hope they start with Jackie Blanchflower.

A marriage made in heaven you two.

Education on my own club..........................thanks but there is nothing that you two could or can tell me about Manchester United or football in general.

SF Now when have I abused the families or victims of Hillsbourgh,you ignorant moron????

BLF - I have been following my club,home & abroad for some 25 years......so don't even go there.

Manchester City & their supporters the gift to comedy that just keeps on giving image