I this a sackable offence?

Comments

• JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

No matter how much you're paid, you can't buy class hey? How gross you are Richard Keys - and just so you know, not cool!!

What a dickhead!!!

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Wilkie wrote (see)

He's an arsehole. 

His actions have brought Sky some very negative publicity. 

No wonder they want rid of him.

+1.

He's an arsehole generally. A biased, boring, irritating to listen to arsehole. I don't care why they got rid of him. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him any more.

I am also glad he has gone for many of the same reasons listed by that daft scouse bint LB who knows nothing about the beautiful game image

Just not sure he should have gone for the reasons he has???

Should have bee sacked for being shite & that is that,there could no argument with that!

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I've tried again, still can't hear what they're saying.  Probably just as well.

Minky, get back to your underpants!

• You know nothing about wimmin BRT so there.....imageimage
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

I've tried again, still can't hear what they're saying.  Probably just as well.

Minky, get back to your underpants!

Keys asks redknapp if he would "smash it" a couple of times in reference to a woman they are discussing(can't hear who) and then whilst placing his feet on the desk in a very "aren't I ace and one of the lads" kinda way says something about Redknapp "hanging out the back of it" ......... Lovely!
  • Gray's been sacked - fuck me!!! (Not literally)

Andy Gray is probably the bravest,most  tenacious forward I've ever seen pull on an Everton shirt.  As a bloke he's a notorious womaniser and all round shit.  There's stories of his shagging exploits whilst he was on Merseyside I could bore you to tears with.

If even half the tales of his conduct behind the scenes whilst at Sky, towards women (And juniors - male and female) he deserves the sack 10 times over...

But have to ask - why now?  He's been doing this kind of thing for 20 years... why now?  What has changed so dramatically?

This is Murdoch's minions saying in big letters to the rest of the people who are thinking of suing News International...

Be careful... I can and I will destroy you...

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    You know nothing about wimmin BRT so there.....imageimage
    I more than i need........................ ,including that we can lose weight quicker than you lot image
  • image I somehow think you might be sleeping in the car tonight? image In isolation I think that it's a conduct case but not a sackable case sounds like this isn't the first time AG has been warned about this and like Corth said there is also the News international angle. At the end of the day Andy Grey is a t*ssor anyway so don't really care did find this funny through. mash
  • It's a slippery slope. They'll be letting women vote and drive next.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    RICKSTER wrote (see)

It's a slippery slope. They'll be letting women drive next.

well, you can joke but we can all see what a f***ing stupid idea that was.

(apart from the one benefit of allowing them to drive us home from the pub)

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I actually think its outragous they have sacked Andy Gray for what clearly is just a bit of banter and can hardly be deemed sexist.
    I just hope they replace him with a fit looking bird with big boobs
  • Oh ha ha - you think hardly sexist? I think very sexist, like many of the comments in this thread - women with big boobs? inversely proportionate to the average male intelligence then.

The comments made were sexist and were offensive - not only that but they undermine the authority of the ref. Male or female.

If the comments were made against someone who was coloured it would be deemed racist and a sackable offense, instant dismissal in this case.

Locker room humour should be kept in the locker room. It has no place in modern society.

• image BM I think well I hope that a lot of the comments where make in jest. Just remmebr Andy Grey = grade A Tw*t and move on it's not worth bothering about and he's already been sacked for it.
  • I read on the BBC website that Keys is busy thinking about his "Future" with Sky.

Keys also freely admits they were both wrong with their comments.

Seems as if Grays buddy Reid is the one stirring the pot about the NOTW , regarding Grays phone hack by a freelance investigator and a the journalist at the NOTW
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Actually i think there is a fundamental difference between jokes about race and about gender.  Racist jokes are always at the expense of a minority and I don't think can really be condoned in any context, whereas inter-gender banter works both ways.  Men are from Mars, women from Venus and all that.  Women are bad drivers, men can't multi-task, blah blah.  Gender stereotypes can be the basis of witty banter in the right context.

I read Dustin's post with the sense of irony that I'm fairly sure was intended.  But maybe that's just my subtly-honed and sophisticated male sense of humour.  image

Did I mention that Andy Gray is an arsehole?

• Personally (and bear in mind I've not bothered to listen to the original, mostly because I can't stand Wendyball) but I would've thought that 'women not understanding the offside rule' is such a cliché that there is a degree of ironic humour is applying the cliché to an obviously-qualified match official who also happens to be a woman.

I discover from this thread that some people reaally have no sense of humour image

As I, on occasion, have ridden to work, I have a set of respectable clothes tucked away in a cupboard on the premises; there has been at least one incident of a female employee removing my spare pants from the cupboard, swinging them round her head and speculating on whether they'd been worn or not...

Sacking offence?
    Acceptable?
    Acceptable if I'd done it with her knickers?

• "Acceptable if I'd done it with her knickers?"

Not if you were caught sniffing them...
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

If he was sacked, it should have been for terminal unprofessionalism.

Rule No 1 - always assume the mike is live, even if it isn't.
    Rule No 2 - always assume the camera is running, even if it isn't.
    Rule No 3  - never put in an email anything you wouldn't say in person

And so on ... 

Football and the endless prattle that surrounds it is not only the most boring thing known to man but it also seems to bring out the worst in men as well.  But that's just imho ...

• Corinthian wrote (see)
    "Acceptable if I'd done it with her knickers?" Not if you were caught sniffing them...

That's what I accused her of image  (we're good mates; it was neither offensive nor sexist...but I wouldn't have done the same to her)

Muttley wrote (see)

Football and the endless prattle that surrounds it is not only the most boring thing known to man but it also seems to bring out the worst in men as well.  But that's just imho ...

Agreed! image

kittenkat wrote (see)

Crash Hamster wrote (see)

Personally (and bear in mind I've not bothered to listen to the original, mostly because I can't stand Wendyball) but I would've thought that 'women not understanding the offside rule' is such a cliché that there is a degree of ironic humour is applying the cliché to an obviously-qualified match official who also happens to be a woman.

You think football supporters are bright enough to get that!

http://../members/images/227429/Gallery/popcorn_0.gif

An awful lot of them aren't (probably including Mr Gray and Mr Keyes)...but I 'do' ironic humour like that and have no doubt upset the odd person with it in my time...

• If you give someone a warning shouldnt any potential sackable offence follow that warning. Surely the whole premise of a warning is that the individual has the opportunity to change their ways.

Regardless of what you think of Gray it seems a bit unfair to give someone a warning then go on a fishing expedition of YouTube looking for an excuse to dismiss.

• Personally i think all employees should be asked to tape all conversations at work to be sure that any offensive comments by co-workers are caught on tape. Then they can grass up their fellow workers to HR and ensure they are all purged forthwith.

That will leave a lot of pressure on the remaining 5% Guardian readers left, who, poor dears, are already struggling under an extreme load of sanctimony and smug self-congratulation.

Of course there will be some who say that this is no better than being Stasi informers, but i reject that utterly. People must be re-educated, and if that involves sacking people for the kind of banter that is heard a million times a day throughout the land, then so be it.
  • Look on the bright side though. If we're going to sack people for puerile banter of a sexual nature then surely Loose Women's day are numbered.

Lets look at the similarities.

Has- beens - check.

Full of themselves - check

Disparaging of the opposite sex - check

Unfunny - check

Fully conversant ith the offside rule - check (well perhaps not the Loose Women)

Still, 4 out of 5 aint bad.

• I heard someone on Radio Five live ask this morning whether "NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY" (Take me out) would have got past the pitch stage if the boot had been on the other foot?image

I'd still choose Paddy McGuinness though.image

• I've thought that myself actually LB.

Still, I look forward to Murdoch enforcing his new "zero tolerance" rule towards sexism at The Sun and the News of the World.

Anyway Alesha Dixon's just pitched up on the national TV Awards with her puppies hanging out - must dash.

• Everybody is far too sensitive to twaddle these days and I blame the 24/7 news media. Sky ?  Why pay all that dosh when it's free on the internet to watch, even if it's a foreign woman commentating?
  • I'm pleased these two sexist morons are no longer on Sky. What I'm wondering though is why Sky has decided now to publicise all these off-camera conversations? Has Sky perhaps decided to get rid of these two, especially as Grey is suing the News of the Screws, and saw this as an ideal opportunity to get rid, without having to go through the usual channels? This way Grey at least can't claim any severance pay.

Nothing annoys me more than women being called 'it'. Grrr.
  • UFO - Sky doesn't just dominate football. If you want to watch rugby or cricket you have to pay Murdoch, as much as you hate it.