I this a sackable offence?

13»

Comments

• It is all getting a bit silly now - 2 people lost their jobs and another suspended.   

On the clip they've sacked Gray for if you look at it Charlotte whatshername is grinning (on 11 seconds  !) so chances are it was more banter than harrassment.   If it was - and it looks like it - then it's hardly a sacking offence.     Maybe I'm too soft but I feel sympathy for someone losing their job for what they considered a joke, and what the person on the other end of it appeared to realise was a joke.    A warning would have been sufficient.

Men make jokes about women and women make jokes about men - sometimes the context means it's wrong but given the way this has come out you can't really disagree with Gray when he says he's been stitched up. 

• Sky doesn't just dominate football. If you want to watch rugby or cricket you have to pay Murdoch, as much as you hate it. (sorry can't do those quoty things)

Try using sopcast and then find the index sites by Googling free football streaming or cricket streaming etc. I managed to watch most of the Ashes on it and do a lot of footie too, inc 3pm Saturdays

• The biggest issue here that needs resolving & very quickly  @ Sky Sports.......................will Soccer AM be able to continue with the Soccerette????

Saturdays may never be the same again image

• Further to my earlier post, Keys has now resigned.
  • Shame, a good football man who has been stiched up by dark forces.

The last male bastion of has been breached,will the last man out  turn out the lights image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    bm - just to clarify my post yesterday was meant to be in jest, which others clearly recognised.

chimp - spot on with loose women...
  • SKY is dumbing down UK media and the sacking of Gray is little more than smoke screen to hide the poor standards of the Murdoch based companies and a deflection to hide the more serious phone hacking crimes.

Murdoch media channels around the world are little more than fluff and have reduced the standard of news reporting to little more than a biased Murdoch based view of the world.

• image Been that way for years hasn't it?

kittenkat wrote (see)

You think football supporters are bright enough to get that!

http://../members/images/227429/Gallery/popcorn_0.gif

image I know football fans who are Surgeons kk just because 1% of fans are d*ckheads doesn’t mean the rest of us are.
    A Chimp Writes wrote (see)

If you give someone a warning shouldnt any potential sackable offence follow that warning. Surely the whole premise of a warning is that the individual has the opportunity to change their ways.

Regardless of what you think of Gray it seems a bit unfair to give someone a warning then go on a fishing expedition of YouTube looking for an excuse to dismiss.

Its been surgested that this wasn't has first warning on issues like this AG had.  

• Just going back to that clip with Rednapp in it.

At the front end - I'm sure I hear someone say Louise.  They're not talking about Jamie's wife are they?

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    M.ouse wrote (see)

At the front end - I'm sure I hear someone say Louise. 

and redknapp was hanging out the back end apparently.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Cake wrote (see)

Its been surgested that this wasn't has first warning on issues like this AG had.  

the statements at the time seemed to imply he was warned (on Monday?) then sacked on Tuesday for previous incidents.

"The new evidence, relating to an off-air incident that took place in December 2010, came to light after Andy Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of January 22, 2011."

"After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today."

• ahhhh shite.

I walked into that one.

• Hi Cake

If indeed it wasnt his first offence and he had already been warned then surely he should have sacked on Monday and not given a sham warning.

I'm no great fan of Andy Gray but that's no reason for him to be denied the same employment rights as everyone else. 

I dont believe that video evidence from December 2010 can be treated as new evidence and I'll be surprised if Gray isnt successful in his action for unfair dismissal against Sky.

• Jesus, is anyone watching the sanctimonious f*ck-wits on Question Time, panel and audience included  (Katie Hopkins excepted)???

What sort of smugtwat exam do you have to pass before you're allowed to be in the audience? 

Edwina Currie on discussing the opposite sex "I'm old enough to be their mother, I can say what I like ha ha "

Well, Andy Gray is old enough to be Sian Massey's father, can he say what he likes?

Thought not. 

Hateful programme. If Will Self was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself.

Come back Rodney Marsh, all is forgiven.