Options

ALDI Ashby 20

2»

Comments

• Options
    L on the number = LARGE (HOODIE) not Lady.
    M = MEDIUM not Male.

Gels are Hi-5
  • Options

Thanks Rolffie .... it all be becomes clear!!

I had got "S" on mine and my hubbie got "M" - couldn't work that one out!!   Glad I will get a "Small" then !!

Only days to go!!

• Options
    Last 50 entries available!
  • Options
    still got mine available at a discounted rate to the normal fee. need to be quick though so i can get entry pack posted out.
  • Options

Right, I'm in at the last minute too. Not done this before but heard plenty of good things. What are the hills like compared to Stamford? 

• Options
    Hills - I don't think it's as bad as Stamford, but certainly undulating. The 2 lap format doesn't help you though, psychologically.

We have better provisions on the drinks stations than Stamford - thanks to Aldi, and we think there's a certain feel-good factor to the race

I hope you enjoy it!

Tim the gorilla
  • Options

Hi Tom

I did stamford as well that last hill was a toughie so hopefully the course will not be as hard

see you there

• Options
    Last 24 entries available -tell your friends!!

• Options
    Take it steady the first lap have a go the second if you can, a mising toe nail won't stop me doing my favourite race, my 3rd Ashby always a good day out.
  • Options

I'm back too again!! Did this 1st time last year and loved it. Good to see the main man Rod Goodwin (aka rocket shoes) back in Ashby image

I'm number 599. I seen Tim theGorilla last year and admire anyone who can run 20 miles running THAT distance in that. Must be soo hot in there.

I'm bringing 3 gels of my own but may take a 4th if required, it's great they're being provided though.

Ashby is a fantastic 20 miler; testy but not demoralising; but many undulations though to keep you interested. Beautiful scenery, lovely residents who cheer you on, More than enough water breaks and superbly encouraging marshalls. Don't think you can ask for any more than what this 20m gives you.

I'm also doing Oakley 20 and the little known South Cheshire 20 1st May in prep for Windermere 22nd May.

Ste

• Options
    I ran in 2009 (and wear my hoodie *all* the time - well, not at work or in bed, but you know what I mean). I was gutted to miss out last year with a random injury so pleased to be fit and well for tomorrow. Just running as an LSR as I have a half marathon to race next weekend. Wish I could swap the weather over - tomorrow looks great but next weekend looks shocking for my PB attempt!
  • Options
    This race should be pretty routine unless I get run over by a flock of geese.
  • Options

this is a most superb event

not that were runinng this time

but i think it's utterly stupid the 20 milers being on the same day

Ashby, Stafford, Gloucester and Finchley

they were 4 superb events to do one week after the other

Well Not Finchley - we did it once comfortably, causing no harm to anyone

but one member of the committe does not want wheelchairs on his race

• Options
    We wondered where you were today Mick. Notable by your absence!

Excellent marshalling and organisation, thanks folks!
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who came and ran our race. The weather cleared up and we had a great day.

The organising team hope you enjoyed the race and achieved your personal goals.

From my point of view, thanks to all those who gave me encouragement and support on the route - it helped enormously.

Feeling stiff now!

If anybody has any feedback for me to take to the post-race debrief - good or bad - please post here, or send me an email.

Thanks again,

Tim the gorilla Sturla
    Competitor liaison officer - ALDI ASHBY 20
    Sunday 13th March 2011 - 1000hrs.
    timsturla@aol.com
    Tel: 07855 848526
  • Options

really good event and ran sensibly with my second half being slightly quicker than my first thanks to my Hinckley club mates. Did 2hr 44 30 ish which really happy with as on for a sub 4 VLM

Thanks to the organisers everything clockwork hoody is great and i must admit when i heard there was a cheese cob i thought no way, but it was just what i needed

• Options

Great event today, 1st time there after hearing the hype and wasnt disappointed! marshalls were great (thankyou) as were the aid stations/organisation/hoody (not to mention the cheese cob, esp when combined with the steak crisps!)

2:08ish with sensible pacing and negative split, an excellent marker ready for sub 2:45 in London, and an excellent race in prep, def be back next year.

Only feedback i'd have would be the approach to the finish green, the plastic pavement/grid type stuff was slippery as hell! not your guys fault at all but pretty deadly in todays conditions! nearly came unstuck on the final turn which wouldve been interesting! image

• Options

well that has to be one of the best organised and marshalled events around - thanks so much!

we had a great time - 3 of us plodding along at the back - certainly no shortage of jelly babies image

• Options
    Thanks for that DT2, I could feel that under my feet, even at my pace -will feed back.

Ta,

Tim the gorilla Sturla
    Competitor liaison officer - ALDI ASHBY 20
    Sunday 13th March 2011 - 1000hrs.
    timsturla@aol.com
    Tel: 07855 848526
  • Options

Thanks to Tim and all the team for a brilliantly organised event today. You even cleared up the rain just in time for the startimage My second time doing this (last time 2008) and took 5 mins off that time for a finish in 2:48 which I was very pleased with as suffering with sore achilles all week!

Thanks againimage

• Options

That was a nice little number.  Very picturesque and one of the best organised races that I have ever been to.  The terrain profile was hard work, but if it had been flatter the other runners would only have got faster.  I managed 2:45 ish which I am quite pleased with. 

I have pretty much made a clean sweep of the longer races in Leicestershire e.g. Leicester half marathon/marathon, Rutland water marathon, and this one might just be the best of the bunch. 

• Options
    Wicked DWicked D ✭✭✭

1st time at this event and can understand why runners rave about it, great route and the organisation is just out of this world and the support + marshalls where special too, i so will be back to have another go

well done one and all image

• Options

Excellent.

Did this for the first time last year and again today it really is a great race day.

Thanks to all the marshalls etc, Rolfie very impressed with the sprint finish.

• Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

And from another member of the Black and Gold Army:

First time this year and it was great!! Congrats to the organisers and all  the marshalls

• Options

Hey Goldeaagle; I'm from Walsall so not far from you. I also work within visible view of the Molineux image

Another great day at a great event; I love Ashby. My 2nd year here and it seems to get better. I don't remember the 10 mile split timex timer last year so it's good this event is still striving to get better even though it's already brilliant.

My full review is already placed so read it on the comments page if anyone is interested.

I improved by 20 mins compared to my 1st attempt at a 20 last year. I did a 2:26:02!! SO happy and got some some great but hard worked memories.

Results are online!! http://www.chiptiming.co.uk/pdf/Ashby202011.pdf Or just go to the main site to look at "just" your own time. I came 147th from 865 so happy boy.

Well done to everyone for your run today, thanks to Ashby for another superb event and hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Ste

• Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

That was a brilliant race.  Thanks to all organisers and the superb marshall and aid station guys.

I will be back.

• Options

What a brilliant well organised  race, cannot fault it at all.

Superb  encouragement from Marshalls, water stations and local people.

This was my first time running 20 miles for getting ready for VLM, although I found the last couple of miles tough, I'm sure mile 19 and 20 were longer  than a mile cause they seemed to go on and on and on.

Will be back next year to beat my time of 3.07.

Great hoodie too, beats a medal