Options

Pillow Talk

...any recommendations?  I've tried feather, the pillow with holes in (that became a brick within two nights), basic pillows containing anti-allergic stuff, a pillow that cooked my head all night.  I must have spent £80 on pillows that are unsuitable in the last four months.  What do you rest your weiry head on that works for you? 

Comments

• Options

I always fall asleep watching telly, so I guess the cushions on the sofa are the most comfortable!

Bought a new matress last month and was amazed at the memory foam matresses, a bit freaky as when you lie on them they sink and mould to your body contour - didn't bu one of those though. They even had memory foam pillows as well. Maybe worth a look?

• Options

Good idea kr  <grabs sofa cushion that she is nodding off on.............................>

Sleep well! 

• Options

I've got one of the Tempur pillows - started buying them about 15 years ago, when they first came out.

Brilliant.

Only problem is when you go away and they don't have them. . .image

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I have never yet found a pillow that remained comfortable beyond a couple of months. And if only there was one that would remain chilled for more than 5 minutes...

Jeepers - are the Tempur ones those funny shaped things?

Memory foam gets rather warm BTW.

• Options

Yep and as I'm always cold, the warmth wouldn't be an issue for me, but I'm not aware of it.  Whether it's because different makes use different types of foam / composition, I don't know, but from the point of view of comfort image from me.

• Options
    Best thing is try and forget about the pillow - put it out of your mind - if you've tried several new pillows then it's not the pillows that are uncomfortable but that you are thinking about it too much.   
  • Options
    i use a memory foam body pillow love it
  • Options

I bought millet pillows from Greenfibres in Totnes.  They've been the best pillows I've ever had.  When I tried them out I thought I'd never get used to the crunchy noise but I didn't notice after a couple of days.  They also recommended the spelt ones to me as better for adults - they were really noisy in the shop, but I expect I would've got used to those too.  The seed is taken out of the millet, leaving the husks so they can't germinate.

• Options

I don't use a pillow, unless I sleep with my head underneath it.

T'other half has a memory foam pillow but it doesn't get hot. Had to test it to get one the right size. He finds it excellent. I can't use it at all. It is a funny shaped one.

• Options

Thanks for the suggestions, very helpful.  When I read kr and popsider's posts it got me thinking that perhaps the entire body is in the wrong position for the pillow ie the mattress is what needs replacing.  They say a mattress over ten years old should be replaced and I have an old mattress.  It's got to be more cost effective than changing pillows every two weeks!  image 

• Options

christopher robert 4

If you're going to try and place a free ad and think that we won't notice, then you should at least try doing so on a thread that is current and not one that is three months old.

In the words of M...eldy

"Feck off"