British Consualte Services

Anyone have any experience of them helping out a complete British dick on holiday?

I've done the obvious & googled etc & their website is really informative & helpful,if you fall ill,have a relative die,etc etc.

I have a mate that is begging for financial assistance via txt messages & is stuck abroad & I am not sure the consulate will help him.

He has basically done all  his money on beer,gambling & hookers.

Ended up in hospital for 4 days due to the excess of  8 weeks on the local brew.

His hotel will now not release his passport back because he owes them for 3 weeks room hire & food etc.

They  stopped allowing him to book food & drink to the room as soon as they realised he could not pay but agreed to let him keep the room while he tried to sort out some funds,consequently he has now not eaten for 5 days & only has bottled water to drink.

His visa & return flight tickets have now expired.

The hotel have rightly lost patience and said that if he does not settle within the next 48 hours they will involve the police.

He has contacted the airline & they will allow him reinstate his flight ticket at a cost,obviously travel costs to the airport are beyond him.

Anyone know if the consulate will help him get home?

Comments