British Consualte Services

2»

Comments

• Congratulations on becoming a Dad BRT.  I agree with others though that it sounds like a scam.  I just can't see a hotel keeping a passport and how did they know he can't pay?  Deffo talk to him first.  If he really was in so much trouble surely he would have spoken to you and not just sent a text? Something doesn't add up somewhere.  image
  • Just spoken with,Thank God!

Have persuaded him to speak with his father & brother, I have offered him 1/2 the money if they can come up with the rest.

• BRT - he must but one mega mate! Will you be my new mate?

Does sound like he had a great time. Where did he go?

• Pattaya in Thailand.

He is a F**Kin Idiotimage

Just had some more good news,sounds like his father is going to give me 1/2 the money this evening.

•  I will see it again.

Thankfully I can lay my hands on the money,you just don't intended to draw it down to bail out a a friggin idiot.

Looking forward to a rather straight up straight down face to face chat with him in the next few days.

• BRT - if you do bail him and if you do see him when he lands back in the UK, I'd greet him with a friendly cupped hand around his knackers, look him straight in the face and say "my friend, if I don't see my money back, what's in my hand will remain in my hand and not on your person"

your call - you're a brave man
  • He knows FB & he knows in no uncertain terms that he would be wiser to upset  a Thai hotelier than me image
  • You're a good mate, BRT, I hope he realises that!
  • I'd like to think that he would do the same for me.

Not that I would ever put myself in a situation where I have blown close to £10,000 in 8 weeks on drink,Thai prostitutes & gambling.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    How old is this fool?
  • Years ago I bailed out a friend to the tune of  £2.000 or £3,000 when he was about to end up in court in the UK for various debts. He promised to pay back a small amount every month. He never paid me a penny, always had an excuse, and in the end he managed to resent me because he owned me money! Somehow it was all my fault!

My prediction is that this will be the end of your friendship one way or another. Of course that may be a good thing.

• 48,Wilks.

Kryten,I am sure you are right & if that does happen @ least I know what to say next time.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Alternatively, you could take the 50% that his dad is offering up, and make off into the sunset...... image

• It is a difficult one - if you don't bail him out then you are saying what - friendship is important but not as important as £1,500.    I don't think I'd have done it for many people though BRT - outside of immediate family there's maybe one person I would do it for - just because I would trust him 100% to pay me back.  

• You're a good friend BRT. I hope you're not handing over anything you really can't afford to not get back, especially with a little one on the way (congrats btw).

Friends and money is always tricky. I'm owed a large sum by a friend who's business went to the wall and it's left me in all sorts of crap. I will get it back eventually and fortunately it's not damaged our friendship (it's not his fault, he hasn't set out to stitch me up) but I've had some pretty resentful thoughts over it.
  • I like Nessies idea- I hear Thailand is quite nice at this time of the year ?
  • A friend of mine lent me some money a couple of years back. I paid him back as soon as possible, and was very grateful. I hated doing it, I hated asking, but I think if you're really in a pickle and are totally honest, it can be done without harming the relationship.

I've also lent mates money, bits and bobs, to get them out of trouble (flights, exploding boilers, you know the sort of thing). It does rankle if they forget and you have to chase.

You're a good man BRT, but yes you should have a proper man-to-man chat about his approach to financing holidays.

•  Mick Mick ✭✭✭

Hi BRT,

Re-opening this one ... dare I ask ... how did it turn out?

• To cut a very long story short both his family & I sent him the money that he said he needed to get home.

He want mad at 1st after I told him that I had involved his brother & father.

That was the last I heard from him.

Had told his brother that he was on Qantas flight back to the UK 2 weeks ago last this Friday.

Since then despite both his brother & I trying to contact him on multiple occasions we have heard nothing.

I fear the worst if I am honest.

I had a pint with his brother on Tuesday evening and think I have finally persuaded him to report him as  missing person to Dyfed Powys Police.

On of three things have happened,

A, He has taken us all for mugs

B,People that he probably owed money to in Thailand have caught up with him

C,He has had a bit of break down & could possibly of topped himself.

B & C are two very strong possibilites.

I do not belive he would mug me or his father off,very very worried for his welfare as I have left message after message telling him we wold report him as missing unless we heard from him & have not heard a dicky bird image

• not looking like a great outcome BRT

I hope for you and his families sake it's neither scenario B or C and he'll turn up safe and sound somewhere.
  • Blimey BRT - thats a worry.  Hope it all turns out for the best.
  • BRT ... anyone can report anyone missing so if you think that is the right way then you can do that without waiting for the family to make that decision

I hope that there is a good outcome from this for you
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Hopefully he got the flight, and is just so pissed off at you all that he's avoiding you.

Hope it all turns out ok.

•  Mick Mick ✭✭✭
    Gulp - not nice. Maybe it's time to try the consulate for an update or check if he's still in the country or at previous known locations ? Or have you tried that route? 
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Any word on your mate, BRT? 
  • I was wondering about this last week too for some reason.  Any news?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Boing.  A conversation at work reminded me of this.  What ever happened to your mate BRT?