Runners, Where do you put all of your running medals?

124»

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Of the few medals that I have kept, most of them are in a drawer in the kitchen.

A few of the more interesting ones are hanging up in the kitchen because they look a bit different.

Most (UK) medals are cheap and crappy, and given how little a reasonable medal costs I think that is a real shame. 

Race organisers - don't just go for the cheapest option, choose something a bit nicer, please!  They really don't cost very much.

• all my medals can be found in my sock drawer. 

• Mine are all on hanging on the bookshelf in the spare bedroom (where I go and gloat - mwah ha ha! - from time to time) but the special ones have a corner spot in a cabinet in the living room.

For people who throw their medals away, there's a charity that asks for unwanted medals and then gives them to poorly children: http://www.medals4mettle.org/ 

• Mine got put on a hook on a beam in the dining room when we moved in. Just for somewhere to put them, rather than them being on show. When we put a bookcase where the beam is, they're now hanging on the bookcase. When the dining room's decorated, they'll probably get shifted somewhere (probably somewhere where there's an existing hook/nail/corner of bookshelf).

I like getting medals and wouldn't throw any of them away, not even the cheap crappy ones.