Options

YUCK

13»

Comments

• Options
    My friend put his wife's in his tea and once made a cuppa for a pal without telling him where the milk had come from until he'd had a few slurps. image
  • Options

Just checked out swedish glace - where can you buy it?  just normal stores or am i going to have to go health food shopping? image

K8 I was thinking that too - when my sister was breastfeeding she didnt even eat curries!  The company say they do test the "producers"....

• Options

" Swedish Glace products are available at selected Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons, Asda, Co-op, Waitrose and Booths stores"

Or you can buy online here although it's a lot more pricey, I'd be inclined to try healthfood stores first.

• Options

Here in Bristol it's sold in health food shops, some supermarkets I think ... like Waitrose (I don't use other supermarkets so not sure which ones stock it).  My local Asian & Middle Eastern shop sells it.  I've tried all the flavours and like every one.  The chocolate is especially lovely and the vanilla's good for making affogato.

• Options

I buy mine from my local Tesco and Sainsburys.  They also have some other stuff, the one that was on Dragon's Den, that's disgusting, bland, tasteless and image.

• Options

Breast milk is a lot lot sweeter than cows milk................which make me think is that why so many humans  are born with a sweet tooth...........

can't see a problem with drinking it anymore than any other milk.............

• Options
    No problem here, I'd try it, but I'd rather the ladies that donate it visited their local hospital and donated it there for the many infants who would far more from it.
  • Options

I have never heard of local hospitals asking for brest milk..............I worked at a hospital part time when my kids were little and had to go an express milk lunchtime to prevent pain and leakage in the afternoon............have never seen any requests.........

I know many years ago  when i was a baby they used to but  was wondering if they still do with all the health and safety regulations and checks that need doing

• Options

Just a thought for those who are saying that it's not odd because we drink cows' milk.  The carnivorous amongst us also eat cows' flesh and wear cows' skins on our feet.  People who think that's a normal thing to do with other people tend to end up in a very secure prison.

• Options
    As a former breastfeeding mum - I really think it's just a "heston-blumenthally" kind of  shock value thing - JB is correct that it's not just the babies who get to enjoy the breast milk image - personally I've never tasted it - it skeeved me out at the thought *shudder* - just my personal opinion...image
  • Options
    For £14 I'd want it on tap!  Although I'd be worried for the mother is it was coming out directly as ice cream.
  • Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

Breast milk is a lot lot sweeter than cows milk................which make me think is that why so many humans  are born with a sweet tooth...........

can't see a problem with drinking it anymore than any other milk.............

Babies preference for sweet stuff is nothing to do with what they're fed.  The taste receptors for sweet things develop first and are initially wired into the primitive parts of the brain.  That means you can pretty much sedate a baby with sugar water.  The doc who was trying to put a canula into Little Miss W's hand the day after she was born gave her sugar water to keep her calm.