RUNNING HOLIDAYS

Hi

This is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can help me?

Does anyone have any info/advice on running holidays as I have been set the task of trying to organise a trip in May/June.

I have seen trips to La Santa in Lanzarote any good?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• whats the budget?

kenya trip would get my vote!

• I haven't discussed that with the group but quite a cross section of types so don't think all can afford alot

Europe would probably be better to keep costs down

Out of interest for maybe the future where and approx how much does Kenya come in at

Thanks

• quite a few websites offer tours. £600 for 2 weeks + flights

im sure everyone would benefit and would be a great experience but probably a bit wasted on weak runners.
  • Runners who have showed interest range from 33.30 - 39.00 minute 10k runners and all under 80 min half marathon types

Mainly  Vets  (who happen to be the faster runners) and a couple of youngsters (under 28)

Not sure our wives will allow 2 weeks having fun hence another reason why a week in Europe might be better and have been given a pass out for

Thanks for your help

• Annually go on training camps to Monte Gordo in Portugal. It’s a quite village on the Spanish Border. There are miles of trails around the area for easy runs/ tempo/ fartlek which is soft and good for the legs. You are also situated beside track which is available to the public (think it works out like 2e a day to use) as well as the gym and indoor facilities. The area is popular among runners to so there is always groups of runners around to talk to/ training with Definitely an area I would recommend if you are going for training especially if you are looking to go on a budget
  • Thanks

I will check out over the weekend