Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Its the 11th May I sort of feel I have thrown away £30 though as I have the entry for the Kent one - but Halstead is, I think, 3 laps as opposed to 17!!!!

• Cant you contact them see if you can transfer your entry to someone ?

• Hi Guys and Ladies

Its me 3:30 or bust

Have changed my name reluctantly. I am never going see a 3:30 Marathon now so its time I changed the name, just seems a bit silly being called that now. Its with a heavy heart as I have had that name for night on 10 years here.

Oh well whenever I post I will note that its my new name for a while until you all have had a chance to read it.

• Goodness knows why the name is blocked out - changed to Broxi bear no problem but when added on "formerly 330 or bust get this greyed out stuff ? Wonder if its to long ? will change back and see

• Formerly 3:30 or bust

Yup that seems to be it 

• Seems a shame Broxi Bear, I was in the process of changing mine to Rio Olympic Marathon for sure!!

• Hey folks!

Hey formerly known as! image

This is my little beast....

http://washford.scene7.com/is/image/Washford/266051?$PDP_MAIN$

front suspension is a little sloppy even when right up but it serves a purpose image

Grendel - Wicked news on the marathon. Any chance you could do both? Or would that be grounds for damn good thrashing?!

• A couple of weeks is loads of time to rest between marathons imageimage just finish one, have a couple of days off, few 3 milers, back to the starting line!! 

• Failing that if I dont get into the TP100 I could do it?! image

If I get in however im not sure that I could run 100 miles on the 3rd and then a marathon at the end of the same month?!! image

• Could do 2 I suppose (I probably won't)

• No editing function!!  Nice Bike BTW

• thanks! Ah man that sucks! 

Just have to do both then! image

• /members/images/329046/Gallery/sub_(240x148)_0.jpg

Heres my first little work horse...

• And my new toy...

/members/images/329046/Gallery/1349521034-50391600_(240x240).jpg

• Great bike! Wish I could get back into cycling but every time I do I end up with busted knees? (more so than running). How does the cycling effect your running guys?

If we're changing names then I guess I should change mine as I've not been E for 5 years now. My RunningBug name is Willdoo as I WILL DO a marathon next year and whatever else I set my mind on!! image

• I won't change my name, have been Grendel on here for so long (in one guise or another ie Grendel, Grendel 1 and Grendel 3.

Just a song title of one of the best songs ever.

• Nice bikes.......

Go for it Lisa I like your thinking image

Just finished a nice 5k with B2B and a new PB for me image tried out a pair of new balance trail shoes, felt really good and no slipping or sliding

October - 5k

• Lisa, my cycling doesn't effect my running due to the relatively short distances I cover on my commute. It's non impact cross training so as long as you don't go over a 6 out of 10 effort on a running day I don't think it should effect you. As for the knees it's quite important you have your bike set up correctly. Seat height, handlebar height etc can all make a difference to your posture while riding, especially if you put in a few miles. I set my bike up following a video on youtube.

Super Mummysaurus. Nothing like a pb image Trail shoes certainly a bonus going into the winter months. 

• Nice machine JR wouldn't know where to start with them !!

2 Grendel ? hmmm could you be tempted?

Well done Mummysaurus

Yup shame about the name have had it for about 10 years and am very sad to see it go, but seems pointless nowimage

5.4 for me tonight, was slower and I knew that but running form was better, over 10 min miles, in fact 10:14 so disappointed with that, slowest since I came back from my hols but this course has some steep inclines. Saturdays run will be on the flat (few gentle inclines)

• 330, do we still call you 330 or broxi, or broxi bear? seems such a shame to change your name, even if the time is no longer achievable. It reminds us that you've been there and done it, and i for one woyld have no problem reminding people that, no matter how long ago, i did it. Just a though....bring back 330 petition anyone image
  • Do you mind if i ask, who is Broxi Bear? And please dont say "you are" lol

• Broxi Bear is the Mascot at Glasgow Rangers FC where I have a ST

• Does seem silly a name change as I have been on other forums and been speaking with people from years ago (especially on the sub 3:30 marathon thread) and they remember me. Will be like starting over with Broxi Bear

So maybe change back hmmmm ... Was my running dream a sub 3:30

• Didn't know that about the Rangers mascot - went to their home ground many years ago to see them play, they played another Scottish team can't even remember the score. AM watching their progress with interest to see if they go straight through the divisions as of course they should.

2 Broxi?  No No No!!!!

Good one Mummysaurus always good to get a PB,

7 miles done this morning 1 warmup, 1 mile warm down then 5 mile fartlek, thinking back I actually only did a small number of actual efforts which varied between half mile(ish) and 2 miles ish!!! So it was more of a continuous run with a bit of stopping in it.  The first three miles of efforts were into a pretty strong headwind, with the other two the wind behind me - all character building stuff eh?  Felt quite good too!!!!

• Morning to all, Nice bikes by the way boy'simage

WK8-R2 completed in the rain this morning (refreshing) i suppose but wet through all the same Lol.

• Cute bikes.  Have to add mine because I think it looks cute. I don't care if it's a bit girly :0

/members/images/712846/Gallery/bike-lowres.jpg

• Well done Kev

Love the cute bike booktrunk

Broxi Bear - I know I haven't been around here long but + 1 vote that you change your name back, leave the bear on the football forums and come back to the light where you belong!!! *steps off soapbox*

And for anyone looking for some cheap compession tights, tops or gloves etc Lidl have them on their special offers this week......and yes B2B I know I don't need anymore gear image

• Won't put a picture of my bike up, it is a few years old and was given to me by my FiL!! It is a Marin Bike - and have just googled them - the Bike new would cost in the region of £1,000 - it is currently stood in a pool of water in our Bike Cave (a big tent for bike storage) may have to look after it better!!!

• Grendel - Marin?!?!?! They are really nice!! Lucky boy! image

+1 for 330!! Just lose the "or bust" if you have to image 

Just found out that Scott Jurek is going to be in Hyde Park on saturday for a fun run!!!!!!! Im going to try and get him to sign my foot image 

• Then have it tattooed?   (is his girlfriend there too? - thats supposing ScottJurek is who I think it is from Born to Run)