Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Indeed! Not sure about the girlfriend bit.

I think you maybe thinking of the younger couple from Born to Run?

• forgot to update last night..

2013 - 566.4

• OK all

I have listened especially to Mummysaurus, who, as, she says hasn't been around long, but is already a SAFTB thread legendimage, and changed back.

Welcome back to me !!! I feel better now !!

• ha ha ha!! yay!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Must have been thinking of the younger couple!!!

• Yeah erm..Jen and ? Cant remember the dudes name?

• Can't edit anymore - I was thinking of Jenn Shelton.

Here is a guy for you to have a look at B2B if you haven't already  - Yiannis Kouris, The Ultra Marathon Legend -

• Just had a look, Billy and Jen image

• oo yes have done thanks Grendel!

• Yay 330!

Well done on pb Mummysaurus!

No running for me since Sunday. Been really stressful at work. Was planning on running tonight but couldn't drag myself out and strangely enough fancied a bath and a glass of wine more. image  Will try to get out at least once this week ready for Sunday. Well the extra days rest will help towards my muscles recovering anyway?image

• That's better 330 image

Nice bike Booktrunk......I reckon we're almost ready for a triathlon on here! Anyone fancy a swim? No dodgy mankini pictures.....please

• Thanks all your friendship here means the world to me and I owe getting back to the sport I love all to you, thank you.

Well went out for 30 mins then turned round, I really need to get a garmin!!, came home in 1:02:10 and measured at 6.3 miles and back under 10 min miles.

Think I am getting hung up with time wheras should be building the miles. However pleased with form and running seems more fluent of late, running more upright shoulders back head up.

Going to need new shoes in 70 miles so went into Sportshoes website - have always worn Mizuno inspire so going to get them again. The Inspire 9 is the latest model, they seem to release so many colours so going for what are obviously last years colour at 35% off. Seems ridiculous to pay more just for the latest colours !!

• 6 miles run this morning - running well under 10 minute miles at moment - Have been worried (quietly) for most of this year my legs have felt pretty much shot to pieces every run, at times I didn't know how to put one foot in front of the other, most of my runs have been outside 10 minute miles even the short ones, but suddenly it seems to have come together a bit even after the speedwork yesterday I felt pretty good this morning. Fingers crossed that it continues.

• Can't edit at moment - so additional post - Happy Days (and mean it) 

No chance of a Triathlon JR even with my (turns out to be ) expensive bike the idea of swimming in anything less than 30 degrees!!!  no chance

• I only swim in the bath! image My technique is rubbish!

330 - Just never ever do it again! image ha ha ha this is a very rare thread indeed! Strange how you can build up friendships with people you have never met isnt it?! Regarding the watch, Mummysaurus just got one that may suit your needs 330. What is it?

Yeah whats up with the edit button of late? Its exposing my bad spelling! image

• B2B I am getting a garmin but its a minefield !!

I want to get one that will show distance run current pace and a heart rate monitor would be good as well. Am going to go on Garmin site check some out

I am a bit of a technophobe so need one that's easy to use !!

• Well done Grendel nice running.....

JR I can swim but this is my bike so not sure I would be much good to you !!!!

/members/images/787829/gallery/York.jpg

330 - My new (got it cheap on ebay) watch is the Garmin FR10 it is really easy to use but it doesn't have a HR monitor the FR110 which B2B has can have a HR Monitor and is also really easy to use and the information you can get from the Garmin connect site is very good for both,  to be honest I brought mine based on whether I could read the flippin thing while running without my reading glasses, something worth considering if you are in the same position

• Sweet ride mummysaurus ha ha ha! image

Mummysaurus - lol no you havnt! I have the FR110 you have the FR10 image

330 - the FR110 is ok, bit fiddly sometimes to get it to connect to the pc but apart from that its not bad. 8 hour battery life in one go, does time,distance and average pace on the same screen. The backlight is pretty good. Not a bad size and not a pocket killing price. As mummysaurus said you can also get the HRM attachmet as well but I never looked into buying it.

The FR10 is pretty nice too. A lot more simple but has some really nice stuff on there. The screen can only hold 2 types of data. Time/speed or time/distance and all combinations of. It does have a nice thing that mine doesnt (or at least i dont think it does image ) You can set a run/walk time for it to beep at you. It also has a quick screen for splits as well which I thought was a nice touch. Battery life around 5 hours.

Did I miss anything?

• I've got the FR110 too, no Heartrate monitor though. My only gripe with it is that there seems to be a bit of a lag on actual pace and what is shown on the screen - I suppose you get what you pay for.

• B2B thank you it is a sweet ride, but only with the extra Gel saddle image did 9k on it last night in 30 mins while reading my kindle, that's the way us Grandma's train......and please re-read my/your post I got the FR's correct............

• image ooops indeed! Need my eyes tested! image image

Grendel - yeah I think its because it does average pace so if you do a lot of stop starts like speed training you have to take the times with a pinch of salt

I find its not amazing at the distance, you have to do the same route a few times and take and average.

It works for me though as im not mega fussed on how accurate it is image

• That must be it - so it does average pace then not pace at any particular time? that may make sense actually

• yeah average pace. So if you leg it, stop for a road then leg it again you could still end up with the same time. 

• WK3 - R1 - Completed image That's 3 more little kkk's for me 

October - 8

• image RACIST!! ha ha ha image

• FR110 its is then !!!

Thanks all you guys and gals rock !!

• Good running mummysaurus, 

3:30 keep an eye on Amazon they sometimes do special deals - I paid £69.99 last year and a colleague paid around £100 with heart rate monitor.

• Yeah got mine for about £80 I think?

No probs 330, its what we are here for image

• ah one more thing 330, the FR110 comes with a red stripe or a grey one.

The red one is the one that comes with the HRM as is a little more expensive (about 10-20 more) depends on what you want really.

Sometimes people mix them up and you can get a great dealimage

Ive got the one with the grey stripe so no HRM