Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

Actually take that back, I am not pleased with that 7 miles last week at 9:19 pace

• Options

Just kick started my running again, been out for 3.7mile run. Felt like I was running in slow motion but I think it was just because I've not been out since last Sunday as when I checked my time when I got back it was 8:30pace so actually pretty good?

Will see how I feel in the morning but pretty sure I still want to run Basingstoke half image

• Options

Ps 330 that's still really good as you ran a decent distance!

• Options

Lisa E

Go for it !!! 8:30 pace excellent - look at me fannying around at 9:40 today !!

Shall expect a blow by blow account of Basingstoke tomorrow - and pic of medal as is now the thread standard

• Options

Colin it is just a case of getting out the door once I am out there is no problem I just run - do have targets, one approaching fast, the other next may.

6 miles run this morning, knee felt quite stiff and other stuff too, but was OK so will attempt 15 tomorrow morning, am hoping to get out around 4 so I am back for about 6:30, as always OH has a list of stuff. Tesco miracle  cheap sports drink already chillin in the fridge!!!

• Options

WK3-R2 -Complete image Please sign me up to the silly o'clock group

First time for me out running on my own watching the sun come up over the A1 motorway..........missed your company B2B but boy did that feel good

October - 11

• Options

Well no Basingstoke for me today image Husband was up all night being sick so no one to watch the kids plus I was awake most of the night too! Bit gutted.

Oh well...looks like i'll have to wait til Maidstone half next week...

• Options

Nice one Mummysaurus, I know how hard it is to get out on your own when you could just make some tea and toast. Good on you.

Lisa, never mind, only 7 days till the next one image Rest up and make sure you get a good nights sleep next week!

7 miles for me today. Went around the lanes taking in a few inclines and some beautiful views. The first 4 miles were like a dream, almost like I was running on a bed of air! Although the pace was easy (10:15mm) it hasn't felt this easy for quite some time. Had to put in a little effort over the last couple of miles but genuinely felt like a stroll today. Passed 10k in 1:04 and it felt like I was just finishing a warm up! Will bank that in my mind for when it gets tough.October - 7.12

2013 - 447.38

• Options

Oops...forgot to add miles...

October - 14.15

2013 - 454.41

• Options

Well done on getting out Mummysaurus !!

Lisa E - So you were planning running today and next week !! your on a roll, touring the country by half marathon !!

That's what I miss about London (and the only thing) any weekend there was a half within 40 miles of where I lived. Got three possibly 4 for next year that are fairly close

Cant wait to do the Helensburgh half as its my home town one the start is about a mile away !!

• Options

The guys who know me on Facebook may have seen this already but thought I would share it with you.

Pretty much everyday for the last 3 years I have seen a man in a van, a silver van. His job is to deliver the newspapers to the local shops and holiday parks. We always acknowledge each other, two strangers with nothing in common but the time. We had never spoken before today, when, as I toiled up the hill to the sleepy village of St Osyth, he slowed down beside me, wound down his window, and in a thick Suffolk accent called out "get those knees up" . What a tool!!. 15 miles run,

Welcome to the stupid o'clock club mummysaurus - even today I started at 5:30, very dark along the sea wall, did it twice. Fraid I can't compete with the A1 but shear numbers of stars in the sky this morning over the north sea was staggering. The sun gradually made its way over the horizon and when I reached home 2 and half hours later the sky was blue. 

Hope you are all back up and running next week Lisa, the rest may just have done you good.

• Options

Yes 330 I had 4 halfs on the trot..completed Tonbridge and Ealing, then had to miss todays, and hopefully will do Maidstone next week.

My idea of convincing myself to go for a long run and train for a marathon is to sign up for as many local-ish races as I can to stop me from making excuses! image Costly but fun and so far its working! I only have 1 race in November and 1 in December booked so far though.

When's Helensburgh half then 330?

Well done JR and Grendel on your runs today!

• Options

Think my week's recovery has done me good as despite missing the half this morning I've been out for a cracking run tonight! 5.3miles at 8min/mile pace! I actually felt good during the run too.

• Options

Wow! what a dangerous combination .  a 4.25 miler ( longest for 6 months) in 38 36.  Quick shower and a bottle of red wine.  sat down and watched Independence Day on Film 4.   Whooping at the end and performing stretches on the carpet.  good job wife and 5 year old ( Jane and Noah by the way) have gone to bed

• Options

Lisa

First week of August, but hopefully got a half in March

• Options

That's me pre registered for next years GSR !!

• Options
    Good morning everyone

Well done all on your runs and welcome Colin.

WK9-R1 completedimage
  • Options

WOW! Ive missed a lot!! I was only gone for the weekend! image image

Massive well done everyone!

Mummysaurus running on her own?!? AWSOME! 

Everyone running really well! Half marathons everywhere and 330 signing up!

Truly this thread never gets boring!

Sooooooo set your faces to stun, I also joined the early morning crew on saturday!! (just the once image )

Up at 5am, jumped on the train and standing at Marble Arch at 7am to meet the one and only Scott Jurek!!!!!!

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/64214_10151940897130309_1495146564_n.jpg

Nice 7 miles run at "conversational pace", coffee and and chat then asked him to sign my foot......as you do.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544068_10151940897230309_889630282_n.jpg

Now a few things have to be pointed out here. A Scott Jurek "conversational pace" is about an 8:30 - 9mm and quite a few of the people there were not ultra runners but we all seemed to keep pace and have a nice chat along the way. This shows me that my normal pace could be shifted to this quite nicly over the winter hopefully making me a little more dangerous for next year image image

I also thought it would be funny to ask him if it would be funny or creepy if I got my foot tattooed! He thankfully laughed and said a guy had one on his arm already and then signed!!! image

Great way to start the day and im still buzzing from it! Just need to book an appointment now image

2013 - 573.4

• Options

B2B

Well, I haven't entered yet just registered to be sent a mail when enteries open !! should be fairly soon I guess

Watched the race and some parts are quite bizzare - running against the traffic on a motorway !! Ah well that Glasgow for ya !! A big event over 25 k so should be fun

My last half was on 5/8/2007 a 2:00:35 at my home towns half in Helensburgh !! (Lived in London at time but was up visiting so I thought would be rude not to run !)

• Options

Thank you for the encouragement..

Well done everyone on your running

Yes B2B you need to make an appointment......but to what could be the questionimage Felt very strange running outside without you, but made a nice change from the dreadmill......and had to pluck up the courage before my hols....

Well done Kev only a couple more repeats to do and off you go to sign up for something challenging........this time next year you will be telling us about your latest half or marathon or maybe even ultra!!!!!!!!

Lisa good luck with your half, shame about this weeks, hope your OH is feeling better

I am off on a weeks holiday at the weekend so might not have internet access to keep up or wish you all well, but the good news is I will be at the coast so will get the chance to run on the beach and hopefully see some sunrises over better landscape.

• Options

Bit of a write up on my blog but you guys got the story first image

http://cardiosaurus.blogspot.co.uk/

• Options

B2B - Read that sounds fun. If I got up to go to London for a run at that time my wife would go mad, she hates me running, she doesn't say but you can tell. Would love to go racing every weekend, must be great if the other half is into running as well !!

Your not really getting that guys signature tattooed on your foot ........ are youimage

• Options

Good write up B2B - can't wash your foot until the tattooist?

3 mile run for me this morning, nice and easy almost a rest day.

• Options

330 - oh yes, yes I am! Well my OH doesnt really like running....she just isnt fussed.

Grendel - Well I had to I stunk! image shh! shh! *looks around* dont tell anyone but I found a neater one to go in the same place image I have photos of the one he did but a boney foot is hard to sign so it required some "tidying"

• Options

Looking forward to the pics of this !!

• Options

Wow B2B, cool! Would it not have been easier to get him to sign a running book lol?

330 I too thought it a little odd running against the traffic on the motorway, but I guess the other sightseeing en route made up for it?

Hope you have a nice holiday mummysaurus!

• Options

lisa - well yeah but where is the fun in that?! imageimage

Ok update! Tattoo booked in for next Monday!! image 

It has to be bigger than the actual one anyway and also the one I found on a book looked nicer image

next week folks, next week!! image

• Options

B2B - lol! this I gotta see !!

Lisa no not really not many sights in Glasgow !! will let you know this time next yearf

• Options

5.4 again for me tonight, 10:35 "pace"

This route is very undulating - ran a much faster pace for 8 Saturday on a flatter route, which, during the week, I haven't got time to get to . Wondering if this slow plodding around this route is hampering getting quicker

Have run it much quicker at 9:30 pace, but couldn't do that every day

Don't know if I being impatient, only started running more "seriously" in April this year, need to up the miles and get more consistancy