Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Very quiet here today, (Mummysaurus Cat was an absolute ************last night wanted to go out and sit in the rain then came back in then out again)

Rest day for me today 3.23 miles run very very very easy.

• 3.16 easy miles @ 9:45..... 

Nov - 3.16

2013 -  486.01

• Howdy folks,

Grew a set and went for a trot in the rain. This month there is no OR. Go hard, go home. End of.

10 hilly miles at 10 minute miles, straight in, 25 body weight squats, shower, 25 more body weight squats RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Winter time is training time! Lets do this SAFTB Crew! image

2013 - 596

• Well done for getting out there peopleimage

I headed to the gym at lunchtime to finish off my WK5-R3 and must admit I haven't stopped grinning since, another milestone I didn't think I could achieve image 

Grendel your cat sounds like my dog, wants to go out, gets soaked comes in and dries himself on the carpets by rolling around if I can't grab him quick enough with a towel and then 5 mins later he is waiting at the door again.

November Miles not K's = 2

• Mummy - got 2 cats does that mean I need to run twice as far lol !!!!!! That dog sounds exactly like my Jack Russell - hates the rain and does exactly that rolls around on the carpets and up the curtains drying himself !!

OK crew B2B has issued a battle cry - lets do this !!

New route last night in the dark and had to stick to roads with street lights !!

Grendel - loved the facebook report of your run !!

JR - Good to see you out

Oct - 67.79

Nov - 5.57

2013 - 415.30

Would love to get to 550 for year

Keep on running all

• 330 - Yep of course, twice as far image

No running for me today,  too much shopping and cleaning to do, but tomorrow I am hoping to get to a local park and start my week 6 C25k hubby can take the dog for a run while I plod round in circles

• Hi All,

Glad to see people getting out & about again, speaking of which has anybody heared owt from lisa, wonder if she is back out there yet?.

Wenesdays run 4.54 mile more of a chi running mid foot style this time and upped the cadence to 160 bpm to see if it helped with my plantar problem.

This mornings early run prior to work was also 4.54 mile & also chi running style. As it seemed to help last time  and my feet have felt a bit better, I tried upping cadence a little  faster to 180 bpm, that was hard going trying to keep that up for 4 mile i can tell you, was gasping at the end of it.

But will continue with it for a little while longer to see what sort of effect it leaves on my feet after a few days or soimage

For now have a good week end folksimage

• Hello everyone..sounds like you've all had some good runs lately! Apart from the colds getting in the way!

Sorry for the lack of interaction I've been on holiday with no internet for a week (our blackberry playbook packed up about a week before we went otherwise I would have still been in touch). Only went to Norfolk, been staying in a caravan, and site-seeing loads as never been before.

I still haven't been for a run since the day before the crash, but I think the holiday has done me good. I was swimming most days (only playing with the kids but still exercise) and I have only been getting minor aches/pains in my back every now and then. I did take my running stuff as wishful thinking but we were so busy I just didn't get time. I have come home to my Runnersworld mag and been reading running tweets all week and am so motivated that I am going to attempt a short run in the morning..i cant wait!! image

• Welcome back Lisa, glad you had a good break. Good luck on your run tomorrow.

• Well done Kev, hope the chi running helps the plantar problem 

Lisa good luck with your run

• Morning everyone image

Woke up this morning to heavy rain and dark skies. Only one thing for it, run!

As I left home prepared for the worst (although I only actually added my Helly Hansen baselayer to my shorts and t-shirt) I trudged up the road and got straight into a nice slow pace. The schedule said 7 miles so that's what it was to be, all nice and easy. As I started running the rain stopped, the sun sun came out and I had the most peaceful, enjoyable plod for a long time. Considering I can't remember the last run I didn't look back on with a smug grin this mornings really must have been good. The cockerels were crowing (or were they roosters?), anyway, I have no idea how old they were but they were crowing whatever they were. The gentle pitter patter of rain coming down through the trees long after the rain had stopped accompanied my own pitter patter through the shallow puddles along the bright lanes. It was more like spring this morning with the cows chomping on hay at almost every gate I passed. Managed to scare the shit out of a squirrel who seemed to take off from the ground about 8 feet from the tree he was going to run up....yet somehow he (or she) managed to make it look easy as they scooted up the side of the tree into the greenery above. God I wish I could move anywhere near that quick.

As good as todays run was, my legs did get a little tired from around 4 1/2 miles which adds weight to my case for more long runs, one thing I have neglected a little over the last month or two. Finished fairly fresh though, even contemplating a second lap after the first 5 mile loop. That would probably have been a little foolish though in hindsight so the shorter loop added was the right thing to do. 

7.04 miles @ 10:30mm image

Nov - 10.20

2013 -  493.05........................500 seems to have taken forever to arrive, so close!

• Well I did it! 2.1 miles. My fitness has understandably dropped so I had a few quick walks in between but it felt so good to get back out. Especially on a cold sunny morning. My back does feel slightly aggravated by it so i'll just have to see how I get on today before I decide when i'll go for my next run? Need to get back into the swimming too as I think that will help strengthen my back.

Feel so happy to have run again image (sad I know but it's been so frustrating this last month!)

• Sounds like a nice run JR

Well done Lisa, glad your on the mend

WK6-R1 completed for me today round a very windy park, thought I was going to get blown away, felt good running outside and in daylight. 

November miles - 4.17

• Well done all for getting out - and great to see you back on the road to recovery Lisa. I JR a great write up of your run.

6.58 on Saturday, and unexpected 12.08 yesterday (set out to do a very stormy 6 and got carried away) follwed by an equally stormy 4.13, sees me crack the target for the year -

Target 1600

Run 1614  (target revised 10 1750 I think)

• Grendal that is some amazing miles, 60 miles more and you have run from Lands End to John O'Groats and back again!!!! or only another 85 miles and you could of run from London to Palermo image that just boggles my brain

• Hello all,

glad you're back out running Lisa, good to hear.

well done JR and Grendel on those miles and to everyoje else whoses been battling the elements image

went out for my first run post-half yesterday.  Took two weeks off as, if I'm honest, my left knee was quite painful after the race.  Thought it was ok but unfortunately it started playing up in an ITB sort of way as soon as I hit my first proper downhill.  Thought I might run it off but that didn't work. Ended up run walking my route just to get home.  Usually it's ok when not running but last night found it hard to walk image and today it still hurts on stairs

now I really am starting again from the beginning. So frustrating.  

Thinking about it, have been training on trails and not run further than 10m. Switched from my vivos back to my new balance as it was a road event.  Maybe that's what did it?  Cycling for me for a bit I think.

im not giving up now!

• A switch of shoes last minute can do that for sure. Personally if I train in one kind of footwear it will be the ones I intend on using in the race image

Get straight onto using the roller image

• Sorry Grendel I forgot to answer about the pasta! Its the grain that isnt really great and it can make you feel bloated and sluggish 

• That's true B2B but I had worn those trainers off and on when I thought that I might have to run more on the road, mainly to avoid trail shoes on the road.  I guess I thought that form over footwear would see me through.  I was told I pronate so ages ago bought my support shoe (physio said was still ok to use). 

have to confess I'm confused about it all.  Could my pronation correcting shoe cause problems even if my form has changed?  Should I ditch that shoe and get a road version of my trail shoe?  Maybe a foot in both camps is unhelpful?

what I do know is that whatever else I did all my long runs on trails and only short on roads, in retrospect not good prep for a road race.

Also I have noticed that it's the descents that initiate the problems.  Wish I had some answers but there are so many factors and variables it's hard to pinpoint.

am leaning more and more towards trails though image

sorry for self- centred wanging on post.

Hope all is well with everyone else and that you've had some good runs (running vicariously nowimage )

• Great to see you back out there Lisa, walk breaks won’t do you any harm and completely understandable. Hope the swimming helps out.

An unplanned 12 miles Grendel….brilliant, cannot wait to hit double figures again. Fantastic mileage so far this year and plenty of time to add to it too!

Mummysaurus, 50 miles this month? How many weeks does your current plan go on for?

Gammineez, sorry to hear you’re suffering but glad to hear you won’t be giving up any time soon. We’ve all been injured at some stage and it will pass. You’ll be back, keep us posted on how you’re doing. Have you seen or are you planning to see a physio? Did the race contain lots of descents? Do you think maybe you it was one event too many in such a short space of time? (sorry, hope that doesn’t sound like I’m having a go but maybe accumulative stress after doing events in quick succession?).

Nice easy 3 today. No frills, just run, 9:45 pace, picked it up over the last half mile to 8mm. Fast, yet comfortable, not pushing myself.

Nov - 13.26

2013 -  496.11

• Hi JR, I might go the the physio if it's still hurting to walk by the end of the week.  Not sure about it being one event too many, I haven't actually done a proper race since the Two Hills in May ....... I talked about lots of racesimage but only entered a few. And Plymouth Rock Solid was cancelled.  There were a few significant descents though.  

Only 4m to go, good luck!

• Hope your knee feels better soon Gammi, 

JR - 50 miles might be still a bit out of my league for this month but I will get thereimage the C25k plan is for 9 weeks this week I will finish week 6 so I will be running 5k by the end of November, can't tell you how amazing that feels for me to say that, my life has been transformed in the last 4 months since B2B took me out for my first plod. 

• Sorry Gamineez, I was confusing you with Lisa, I do apologise. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery and that you don't need the physio. Should hit the 500 mile mark Wednesday morning around 6am all being well. image

Yes you will get there Mummysaurus! image One thing I love about this thread is that although at times you can't put into words how good it feels everybody understands exactly what it feels like. Running is without a doubt the most wonderful thing I have ever found in my life outside of my wife and kids....

• .....although strictly speaking I didn't find them either....i'll quit while i'm ahead I think. 

• Couldn't sleep so up early out early into more wet windy weather, felt great, eventually accepted that today is a work day, reigned it in with 7.78 miles on the clock, and then rode my wife's bike the 2 miles or so home from where she works (I had collected her last night). What a great morning. If only work hadn't got in the way.

• Well done Grendal oh how I know the work feeling

JR - hit the nail on the head image

I am off out with B2B tonight, hoping to get my week 6 repeat 2 out of the way and then just continue on to our 5k route through the woods, if the wind and rain don't bring down all the trees!

• Hey folks sorry I havnt been posting much of late, work and illness have got in the way a bit.

Totally agree with JR regarding the thread. I know we keep going over it but it really is something special.

Mummysaurus - image glad I could give something back

Grendel - the miles you have put in this year is fantastic! Not sure I could match it without hurting myself. I can go far in one go but struggle with long back to back runs.

• Just carried on where I left off - me? I can't do that long stuff that you can, I don't have the mental capacity for it.

• I really think you could though, you already run further by accident image You clearly have a strong mind for running, you get up and do it pretty much every day! That takes a lot of discipline

• B2B is right Grendel, you are up and out almost every day before us all.....an inspiration to us all image