Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Music - What a fantastic subject. You lot have listed some great bands from my youth. My taste is as varied as many of yours. Rage against the Machine and Pantera, along with Nirvana and Therapy are probably my favs.

I'm currently listening to Jake Bugg's new album and if you haven't heard Savages debut album Silence Yourself do so, it's brilliant.

Sorry to Butt in like that..

• Well the rain let me down as it only made an appearance for about 5 mins of my run, so just a short refresher! And no other runners, DS, to wave at! I was hoping for a speed session as I'm limited on time for Wednesdays run, but my shins were hurting and so I felt like my feet were heavy and not really moving. I cut my run short and managed 4.8miles. I wonder if they haven't recovered from Saturdays massive hill run?

Swimming tomorrow for a gentle exercise, then i'll see how I get on again for a run on Friday.

• Good luck with the racing flats DS must admit never had the confidence to try them myself

Love my music but listen to mostly the same stuff all the time - Springsteen always on. The Jam / The Who another massive fan of from my days as a yoof !! Quiet like the Killers from more modern stuff but have wide musical taste

B2B was thinking of you watching TV when they were reporting on the Thames flooding might be more like the Thames Swim than Thames Trot !!

Lisa - if you like running in the rain should move here think its rained everyday for 2 months at least !!

Run tonight rain as usual 6.08 again and 50 miles up for the month. Miles added to RW v Fetchies, RW in the lead so far this month so come on guys and girls get those miles added. Nice to see you on there Mummy

• Hi all, 5.something miles to add later, legs were a little achy for the first couple of miles but sttled into it and finished strong. Will catch up tonighy when finally home around 9pm.

Ah....Rage against the machine, now we're talking. Jake Buggs cd is in the car and the group who probably had the biggest influence on my youth were the Prodigy.

Best song? Bit before my time but John good taste in music and Tenage Kicks is my all time tune, closely followed by Tiestos version of adagio for strings.

I declare january music month. We should have a them each month!
  • *John Peel* bloody phone
  • BB - oh yeah a bit of Pantera and Nirvana for sure! If we are really gonna do this........image Queens of the stones Age, System of a down, incubus, Mad capsule markets, Berzerker (heavy heavy stuff image ) used to listen to Cradle of Filth a lot, Metallica, Mega death, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Prodigy, Marilyn Manson, Arctic Monkeys, Pendulum, Chase and status, john lee hooker, B.B king, Jose Gonzalez........I should probably stop..................... 

Lisa - well done for listening to your body! Yeah you could just still be tired from the hills. My speedy stuff at the moment is all done at spin class. Seems to work really well as it works mainly my quads so I can still run in the evening image 

330 - 50 miles already?! Well done thats great going! Its nice to see you hitting regular 5s and 6s, keep it up image

JR - something different each month or different music?

• Megadeth! I have some vinyl albums somenewhere B2B...Pendulum and Chase and status +1. Found an old Clash album in a skip once, I fought the law, London's burning and all that ... Brilliant.

I think a completely different theme each month would be good. Food (could talk about food every month), favourite places, books (I know we have covered that in running terms before), film and tv, sports, would be interesting to se what makes us all tick.
  • Led Zep, Queen, Marillion (the Fish years) Genesis, the Jam who were the worst band I ever saw live (and I saw Jethro Tull!!)  Obviously a lot of European symphonic metal (looks around and whispers very quietly John Denver)

6 miles this morning incorporating 4 miles of fartlek - tried to run relaxed and had a picture of a kenyan athlete in my head as I ran along - The good news is most of the sand on the sea wall is back on the beach - and yes wet and windy in Clacton too.

• Neds Atomic Dustbin and Jesus jones fromemy indie phase.

Led Zen... Legends

Was trying a similar thing this morning Grendel, although Kenyan i was not.
  • Thanks 330 it's fun adding up the mileage and its nice that at least for now I am not last image

Music........currently have Santana playing in my office, Grendel my Mum was a huge JD fan she had everything he ever released and went to see him in concert many many times, sadly she now has dementia and doesn't really say much but she still sings along when his music is put on.

Guns'n'roses, System of a down, Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Mega death, Iron Maiden, Prodigy, Marilyn Manson, Arctic Monkeys, as B2B says he use to listen to these a lot there for most of these names can be followed by me yelling "Will you turn that **#~* down!!!  I am more into Pink Floyd, Michael Bauble, Mathew Morrison and I have been known to watch and listen to music from Glee image As a much younger me, I have played in a brass band, a dance band & a country and folk group so tastes are very varied from 1812 overture to "I got a brand new combine harvester" image Like the idea of a different theme each month, will give us a chance to learn something new about each other

No running for me today, shins are still giving me a bit of grief so think I will have another attempt to get to deep water aerobics tonight and have a bit of a stretch and some pool running.

• *hangs head in shame for spelling Megadeth wrong! image Great idea JR on the subjects! Next month I may start it with the subject of "ouch! ive just run 50 miles in the mud" ha ha ha 

Mummysaurus - come on! A lot of it was also "turn that **#~* UP!" image 

Ok lets keep the music theme going and link it a little...what track/band/music type really gets you going during training? Add a youtube link as well so we can all give it a listen! image

• Lol...didn't even notice the typo B2B, just brought back memories seeing the name. Great idea with the link, will wait till I'm home though as this phones a nightmare. Have great 'run fast' track featuring a legendary athlete and a sports drink. Can you guess?
  • Crossed posts there Grendel, will try and have a listen if my phones up to it image
  • I shall have a listen when I get home! This is a great game! image

hmm not sure JR?

• Morning all , had to listen to my body last night , 3 days out 4 running has taken its toll. Have a pain in ankle that is in between achillies and boney sticky out bit on inside .  Feels ok but as soon as I put pressure though it I can feel it. Feels alot better this morning so rest was best answer. image  Will have another check tomorrow and hopefully get out running, but my racing flats will have to stay boxed for a little longer .

While running I listen to Carter , GnR , Mumford and sons, Star wars and gladiator theme music ( love it!)  Living Colour and Faith No More.  Reminds me , I need to get some prodigy on there!

My favourite running tune I will link later as at work so you tube no worky .

• I dont listen to anything when running. Tried it a couple of times put me off a bit and the bloody headphones kept falling out so go without music

But I do need to get one of them arm wallet thingys for my phone - got shorts with a little pocket in the back that was great when I had other phone but this one wont fit in. There are some good arm wallets on Amazon made to fit the phone I have now

At the moment run without my phone but suppose its a good idea to have it just in case

• Why when I typed amazon did it create a link? Good bit of PR there

• I dont really listen to music on the run much these days but its a great training tool to help with cadence. I shall add some links to "training tracks" when I get home, would be really interesting to see how someone else gets on with the same tracks!

Back from spinning, my teacher is a nutter! Man she has some energy! Hopefully a 6 mile plod tonight #doubleupday image

ooo the hats have gone! image

• I only listen to music if I'm on a treadmill, which thankfully is very rare. Do like music while driving but have to keep an eye on speed when something faster is playing.
  • Grendel - the WT harmony *goosebumps*

Now this one is great for getting your feet a little quicker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cpVJgPSpwA

Fasten your seatbelts image

Ok this one is where you should be at...you have a minute and a half to get into the beat then "WAKE UP" and leg it to the beat, left, right, left, right....quick rest at 3 minutes for 1 minute the go nuts again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqrmf1_6msA

This track is amazing as well 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwoFlVGVc4

• Think I would be all over the place if I had that lots in my ears on a run B2B !!  image

6.08 again tonight but messed my week up a bit as I intended to run every day apart from Weds and Sun. But had an attack of lazygititus on Tues so to make up for it need to run 4 days on trot Weds - Sat.

So smaller run tomorrow with long run of 8 on Saturday early

• well you maybe shocked to hear that I bottled my run tonight. After spinning and riding home in the rain I figured it would be more beneficial for me to not get ill just in time to run 50 miles rather than run 6 tonight. image

Gonna have a nice rest instead

• B2B after spinning and riding home missing your run isn't a disaster bud !!

A small matter of 50 miles is looming - got to get to the start line in good shape !!

• It is an amazing track B2B but then so is the other one if you have 18 minutes to spare!!! (and understand where the name comes from!!!

• Grendel, what an amazing song. Absolutely beautiful. Listened to it three times on the bounce. Will be listening to more of this at the weekend. Thank you for sharing.

B2B, the rest won’t do you any harm. Stay healthy.

Ok, here’s the track I was on about B2B, just picture Daley Thompson charging down the track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLAdbtfJbs

And one of the best Maiden tracks ever….maybe the best?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J51LPlP-s9o

Although this is maybe the ultimate Irons anthem…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHe6FMs46o

Guns n Roses were a massive part of my life growing up and I still listen to Appetite for Destruction on a regular basis. The Use Your Illusions albums are favourites too. This has to be the best ever Roses song? Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle top tracks and cannot fail to get you moving in the gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE&list=AL94UKMTqg-9COHlRYPrNY4yGgb7cYQ5ea&playnext=1

• It's hard to believe this song is 22 years old (until you check out the dodgy threads and 90's dancing in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhlA2S2KU

• Had almost forgotten about this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQpTf2wuuno

which reminded me of another great dance anthem....back with that one in a moment, takes me back!

• Faithless, Insomnia, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVJVQzHv5Q quite brilliant.

Massive Attack, Unfinished Symphony, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmrfgj0MZI

Had forgotten how good the 90's were!!!