Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

Morning everyone image . 

Superb effort B2B , once again a motivation on what can be achieved.

330oB - Watched the game on RTV , played some good stuff first half , second we were hanging on . And congrats on your monthly total.

I am returning from injury now slowly , run 2.3 on friday and 2.3 on sunday with no real problems , have to not get carried away and start running further than I my legs are ready for.  The 10 days off seem to done the trick.

• Options

B2b - Brilliant stuff mate, look forward to hearing all about it.

Lisa E - Hope you're feeling better soon.

Grendel - That's some day you had yesterday.

Ds - Glad things are coming along nicely now.

330 and Booktrunk - Excellent monthly totals there, well done.

JR - Yes, events do help the motivation. Trying to find a local one myself now. Mayday 10k not far from me.

So Feb has begun. Upped the mileage to 2.64, nothing drastic, took just over 29 mins.

Out again Wed all being well. Aiming for 20+ this month.

Happy running all image

Feb - 2.6

2014 - 18.6

• Options

Hey folks, sorry I have been quiet, its been a busy day at work.

I shall do a proper blog once the official pictures come out as I would really like to add some.

Thought I would give you guys a taster of the story first! image

I hadn't slept and got up at 4am to throw down my "fat coffee" before mummysaurus arrived to take me at 5am. The moment we left the house you could tell it was going to be a cold one.

I packed a light pack with a small amount of food and carried chia and coconut water to act as my second "breakfast". The coffee being the first one.

We arrived at the pub in Oxford bang on 7am and got straight in and signed up without any fuss. It started to get pretty busy over the next hour so we headed outside to acclimatize.

It was as expected, bloody freezing!

I had gone for the sexy socks and sandals combination (oh yeah! image ) and was now hopping at the start line already with frozen feet.

Had a nice chat to the folks standing around and then Dennis arrived. I had run with him at the NDW50 and Race to the Stones before so it was really nice to meet up again.

Felt pretty cool to have someone come over and say "hi Cardiosaurus! I follow you on Twitter!" then he took my picture and made his way to one of the aid stations.

Eventually after a bit of a delay and them telling us that at the moment they are making up part of the route on the fly, we were off.........

(more later, just finishing work!)

• Options

look forward to reading the write up and seeing some pics B2B. Missed my run yesterday but off for a short one tonight to start the month. It's lashing it down out there!

• Options

Beachball - keep going take it easy build slowly

B2B Great stuff look forward to reading more.

Really didn't fancy it tonight, felt tired but had to get out after such a good month - no slacking. Gave myself a B2B talking to ie "Right lets do this" !! and off I went - 2 miles in I so wanted to stop so tired. Decided pace didn't matter just grit your teeth and do it !!

So wasn't pretty and 10.30 min miles but another 6.4 bagged.

Was thinking about diet and breakfast. I normally have one of those oats so simple things but doesn't fill me up and am hungary by 11 so gonna double up with 2 sachets tomorrow. Going to get some dried fruits to snack on during day (type meant for baking cakes)

• Options

330, I have an oat so simple sachet each morning around 615. By 930 i'm having a snack. I try to eat little and often to keep going. 

3.11 miles tonight for me. Target this month is 106 if I follow my schedule.

Feb - 3.11

2014 - 103.68

• Options

I am just so hungry tonight.

Stir fry for tea, jelly babies, biscuits, Dorittos - everything getting eaten !!!!!

• Options

pssst! I have a secret about breakfast *looks around* image give the fat coffee a go! image you will be back before you know it and it kind of works like a food. If its a bit heavy on its own, bacon and eggs is where it is at! Avoid bread image 

• Options

Whats Fat Coffee? Just coffee with full fat milk?

After my scheduled rest day yesterday I went off this morning fueled by last nights bag of starmix and pizza.  Lovely morning for a run, stars the moon, but still that ******g wind - 3 miles out into it and then 3 back - 6.37 in total all the while listening to Within Temptations new album. Looking forward to the rest of your story B2B  

Well done all.

• Options

Brew some nice strong coffee, then in a jug add 1 TEAspoon coconut oil, 1 TABLEspoon kerrygold butter, add honey to taste image

If you want to up the ante add a TABLEspoon of peanut butter and some cinnamon.

Once the coffee is brewed, pour it over the rest of the stuff in the jug then blend till nice and frothy!

WELCOME ABOARD THE FAT TRAIN! 

• Options

......my feet were numb already and hurt with every step. I had only taken about 20 of them.

We all bunched together and wiggled our way around bend after bend till the roads opened up a little and we started to spread out a bit. Everyone chatted away and the first few miles passed pretty quick. It was at this point that I realised my game plan was already out of the window. I had the idea of walk/running from the start.

We were now just over an hour in, 6 and a bit miles done...no walking. oops!

We took a walk break, all the while I had been sipping at my chia and coconut water "breakfast", which was the plan over the first 10 miles..........

(I shall break it into bits so I dont get busted at work!! )

• Options

Ah, the ******g wind you speak of is now battering the front of my house Grendel. Weather has turned pretty bad since I left work, at times I was peddling going downhill on my bike. It's absolutely ridiculous, just hope it calms down a little for tomorrow mornings run.

Lol B2B, I have not been able to log on at work this week as i've been working on a project non stop with my boss. Very annoying! 

I quite like instant coffee (I know, I know image) but with half milk, half coffee and two sugars its fine by me. I find eating every couple of hours much better than 3 meals a day too. 

• Options

B2B cant wait to read more !!

JR - Sounds awfull weather !!

No run for me feel so tired and "out of sorts" don't know if the big increase of mileage is taking its toal as last night was a struggle as well. So today being classed as a rest day

Gotta look at my food intake during the day, today consisted of porridge couple of hadfulls of Dortitoes and some Jelly babies !! Must start eating better and DRINKING during the day. Am off tomorrow so maybe get out during the day

• Options
    330, I guess its no worse than everyone else is having but the last couple of days have been very bad. Dawlish sea front is completely shut off this morning, 80 mph winds battered us all night long and torrential rain means flooding everywhere. I got up at 5am and went back to bed again, if I lived in town I'd have gone but with no street lights and tree debris everywhere I wimped out. Got absolutely drenched cycling to work. Will see what its like later and maybe go tonight.

Looking forward to another installment B2B
  • Options

The wind in the night was horrendous - rain too. The direction that it is now coming from mans it is blowing straight through our extractor fan ( the guy who replaced it last year forgot to put a cover on it so the bathroom is freezing unless we turn the fan on, even then it is struggling to fight the wind)

Never mind my schedule said to do 6 miles with 3 or 4 miles at Marathon Pace so out  I went warmed up for a mile, then turned along the sea front and into the wind and tried - managed to keep some form of quicker pace going and ended up doing 5 miles 'brisk'  covered in sand when I got home.

• Options

Sorry to hear about the treacherous conditions affecting so many.

Well battled Grendel and I hope you get out later JR.

330 - sorry to hear you are feeling out of sorts. Good luck if you manage to get out today.

B2b - Great reading, keep it coming, just don't get caught.

Compared to the rest of the country we have been relatively unscathed by this weather. That said it is supposed to get wet and windy later so I planned ( I know quite remarkable for meimage) and went early today.

Another 2.6 miles added at 10:57m/m although not fussed about speed or distance at the moment just happy to concentrate on time spent running.

Stay safe all.

Feb - 5.2

2014 - 21.2

• Options
    Bloody good effort Grendel (nods respectfully). It's still miserable here but the winds have died down for now so fingers crossed as I am desperate to go tonight.

Beachball, well done image Forget the pace, you're running which makes you a runner in my book. Just keep plugging away and get that 10k on your calendar.

I am also typing in work (in my hiding place) so will catch up again later.

Thought I'd kick off February's theme too....movies

This could go on forever but I will try to post one with each post this month. First up, the latest film I have watched "Rush". The story of the 1976 formula 1 (not a fan usually) season and the James Hunt, Niki Lauda rivalry. The horrific injuries and amazingly fast recovery made by Lauda after his accident. Hunts playboy lifestyle in comparison to Laudas monk like life and their superb driv made a pretty ggood film. Hunt died of a heart attack at 45 and I reckon he lived three lifetimes in those years.
  • Options
    Just realised why Dawlish was shut off. Part of the sea wall collapsed under the railway line leaving the track suspended in mid air!

More strong winds are forecast today, tonight and going into Thursday so will have to play it by ear. 40,000 people in the southwest have no electric. Fortunately I'm not one of them, yet!
  • Options

Loving your work B2B image

Good effort everybody getting out in this weather , does take a bit of character to get out in it.

Run 2.7 last night . Another problem reared its head last night though , a bloody tight calf. Feels fine this morning but was annoying me while running, I put this one in the minor irratation catagory though. Will be beating that tonight with the foam roller image 

• Options

GAH! Bloody work getting in to the way of SAFTB time! Catch up with you guys tonight. Im going to get the blog done and catch up with the rest of the story very soon I promise! 

• Options

Grendel -  well done on covering great distances in training!

DS – glad you are recovering, even if it is slowly, it still means you can get out again! (Apart from the annoying niggles)

Beachball - well done on increasing your mileage and setting a goal for the month. It really helps with motivation.

330 great run too!

JR, it’s so hard to run in the wind isn’t it! I can cope with the rain but the wind is so annoying! With regards to the railway line, blimey!!

B2B fantastic effort, followed your progress on twitter!

Sorry for the late catch up, I have been ill all week, just cant seem to shift this head/throat and chest thingy going round at school between staff and students. Probably taking so long to get better as I've not really rested!

Been itching to get out and finally decided to go tonight. Thought I would be faced with torrential rain as it has been awful all day, but the minute I went out the rain seemed to stop. Yay! Still had the wind though. Was going to go for a slow (recovery) 2-3miles, but when I checked the route when I got home I had managed 4.8miles. It was slower than normal but I didn't want to push myself too much. Feel great for going though! Finally!

• Options

No running for me tonight. It's just bloody terrible out there. I was going to drive into town and run but the two lanes out of here are both flooded. One of them was extensively repaired recently (last week!) to avoid further flood damage. It's not difficult to pass on foot but the water will have to subside before getting any normal cars through. Here's the railway line that was affected last night...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26042990

On the plus side tomorrow we are reduced to a medium risk area!

• Options

Wow JR those flats don't look to safe either !!!

• Options

PHEW! Here we go folks, didn't quite make midnight but I did promise! image

http://cardiosaurus.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/thames-trot-50ish.html

• Options

Sounds an epic day B2B - 

I couldn't believe that when I first saw it JR - the power of the sea. 

Still more wind but, after the scare in December we seem to have missed the worst of the storms, I know where we are after 1953, the sea defences were improved big time (35 deaths in 1953) as we are below sea level so we have been lucky,  but the pictures of Dawlish show just what the sea can do.

For me a slow laboured 6 miles this morning, 3 into the wind and then 3 back. I think I will print out your blog B2B and carry it with me on my long runs - just as a reminder what the human spirit can achieve.

• Options

Dawlish looks like a scary place to be right now!! image

Grendel - ha ha ha thanks! image print it in a pdf and put it on your phone, it will be lighter! image wouldn't like to bring your time down image

In other news...I got added to a virtual running group BOSH running!!! Very honored to be added even though its virtual, its still pretty cool!  

• Options

Feeling a little annoyed with myself this week. Not run since Monday and amended my February target to 100 miles. Will be out tomorrow but will probably wait until after work as I finish early and would quite like to run in daylight for a change!

Off to read your blog B2B to give myself some motivation.image

• Options

JR

I feel the same have only run twice, Monday and Wednesday, hoping to go Friday and Saturday though

• Options

330, I will run tomorrow. Despite last months ramp up in mileage i'm feeling really good so will get out for a steady 5 miles or so. NO excuses.

• Options

Thats what its there for JR! image Hope it helps!