Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Good to see lots of you getting back out there and putting in some decent distances.

the balance between what is a niggle and can be run through and what should stop you going out is a hard one to judge. I generally just go out and then suffer afterwards.

they'll be no long necked mushroom today. Running in this weather 'he' disappears faster than the head of a shocked turtle. That's enough of thy kind of talk now...I'm off out.

• Wondefull run this morning, out early along the sea front in the sun wonderfull views across to clynder (where we hope to move to) loads of other runners out as well

Helensburgh really is a beautifull place when its not lashing down !!

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/helensburgh/helensburgh/index.html

7.40 miles @9.30 pace get the clock running for March

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Well done 330 - so question for you where are you on your tour of Football clubs?

For me, a mere 6 miles this morning, feeling a bit flat to be honest - but never mind tomorrow is another day - 

At least 12 tomorrow very slow, before getting home to wait for the result of the Reading Half to come in!!! 

• Grendel -  14 miles to go till I get to St James Park (So around Whitley Bay area just now), then it only another 13 miles to The Stadium of light.

I often felt like that during the last few weeks of marathon training but you will spring back don't worry. Done Reading a few times, good race not the most inspiring route but its a big event, finishes in footie ground now I think

• That sounds great 330 and good luck tomorrow Grendel.

I had an amazing run this morning although I got lost and ended up running 8 miles and another mile and a half to walk home. As my previous best since coming back a week ago was 3.5 miles I think I may suffer in the morning.

Was a lovely crisp sunny morning here and the views around the marshes, forests and lake were stunning. 

A message to lads out there...

I have a few pairs of jeans - some a looser fit for casual and some a slimmer fit for the slightly smarter occasion.

If your jeans are tighter than my reggings* then they are too tight. Oh, and the usual if they are showing your billies then they are too low.

* If fashion is using the terms jeggings and meggings then I'm having reggings for running in.

• Thanks JR really hoping to up the mileage for March I am already already about ten miles behind for my challenge target

330 - your hometown looks lovely I am rather jealous, also nice running I am sure your miles will catch up once we get the lighter nights and warmer days

Grendel good luck for your 12 tomorrow 

Ed well done on your long run, hope your not too sore, just make sure you rest before upping the mileage too quickly 

No run for me today but will be taking the dog for a long walk in the sunshine later then a few miles on the cross trainer or bike if I can be bothered 

• Well done Ed!

Good luck for tomorrow Grendel.

Went for a 6mile run today in the cool but beautiful sun, as I was supposed to go last night but it was hacking it down and cold and just plain didn't want to. Glad I waited. Niggles in my right hip and left quad, but nothing too painful..hope they will hold out for tomorrows Tunbridge half.

Happy running peeps image

• Mummy, thanks

After all those years in London I can really say I love where I live now, its beautifull running an alternate route to today roué I can see Ben Lommond capped with snow is spectacular. Must get round to going up it one day, lots of walking routes up

As they say "on yer bike" what kind of dogs you got ? We have a Jack Russel, a blue Merle Collie and a 3 month old Pussell - cross between Jack Russell and a pug. Daughter got it but novelty slowly wearing off so Mrs 3:30 and I will be adopting it no doubt !!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Lovely view across the Clyde 330, nice running this morning!

Better to get the flat ones out the way during training Grendel.

Ed, BIG run!!! Hope you’re not aching too much later.

Enjoy the walk Ms, we have sunshine here too! Off for a walk along the canal soon.

All the best tomorrow Lisa, I’m sure you’ll be fine. Let’s hope you get some decent weather to race in.

Happy running peeps….

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Good luck tomorrow, hope you get through it without aggravating anything! Did it once over 20 years ago. 

• Just back from and very sore 2.3m  run/walk.  Boy that was hard but glad I did it. 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Well done Brad - feels great afterwards doesn't it?

• Yes it dose. Rest for 2 days now.
  • Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Well done Brad, enjoy your rest days and stretch! image

New shoes ordered!!! image My road shoes are absolutely gone, like a pair of slicks! Some nice new Saucony Jazz on the way. Half price plus an extra 10% off thanks to startfitness. Comfy feet image

Nice slow, easy 10k tomorrow

• 330 - our dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel he is 5 years old and loves running around in muddy puddles we had to bath him when we got home toady 

Good luck Lisa and Grendel for tomorrow 

Brad well done enjoy your rest days

JR hope you enjoy your new shoes 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Lovely if windy morning today. Through my training schedule out the window and made the most of a bright sunny morning and ran 16 miles - 40 for the week with two rest days - that'll do nicely. Now time for some toast and a drink of Tesco Value isotonic raspberry drink

• Well done Brad!

Ooh JR new shoes image

Great run Grendel!

I thoroughly enjoyed Tunbridge half! My quads were a bit tired from yesterdays run but they didn't give me any grief, everything else fine, and positive mental attitude got me over the hills! Not a pb but not surprising from the lack of training last month, and the course was tough. Loved the bands playing along the route, great motivation boost! 2hrs 7mins 1 sec!! Buzzing now!  image image

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Well Done Lisa - its a good course isn't it?

• Well done Lisa - brilliant time

Mummy - we had a Cavalier once a tricolour called Oliie

• Well don Lisa great running

Nice run Grendel, I brought some Tesco sugar free energy drink today so will be seeing if it works as rocket fuel for me 

330 - Our Cavalier is a Blenheim he is such a lovely dog sadly he has bowel disease and has to have prescription food and spends a lot of time with an upset tummy.

• How do all of you do long runs. In SA I could stop at a petrol station and get a drink of water. Over here were do you get a drink form? Do you have to take it with you?

Well done Lisa on the 1/2 marthon.
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Some people carry water Brad, I either run loops so

1. I pass home after about 8 or 9 miles and drink from a bottle left in the front garden,
    2. Take money with me and stop off at a newsagent and buy.
    3. Don't take anything and run 16 miles like I did yesterday
    4. Find the cleanest puddle and drink from that out of sheer desperation!!! (only once)

Rest Day for me today!!!!

• 16 miles with out a drink. That some going. Think I will take option 2. Take money with.

Did like No4 gave me a chuckle. Don't think I will be doing that.

Enjoy the rest Grendel
  • Lisa - Well done, fantastic stuff.

Brad - Well done, you will be flying in no time.

JR - Nothing better than a new pair of shoes.

Grendel - Well done on the 16 yesterday.

Hope everyone else is well.

Mad weekend, football Saturday, and daughter home from Uni, I never got a chance to update Friday's run. Nice steady 5k in 31:58 and the same route today in 31:17 so really happy with those.

Finished Feb with 28 miles in the bank, nearly double January's effort. image

As nobody has mentioned a topic for this month can I suggest food, now we have done music and films?

As a vegetarian I probably struggle to get what I need as easily as you guys but do get a variety still.

I am addicted to Quorn chicken style pieces at the moment, I think they taste lovely and are high in protein. Have any of you meat eaters tried Quorn, if so what do you think? (if not try it...I know where you all live!!!image)

Mar - 3.1

2014 - 47.2

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I eat Quorn all the time being a sort of veggi (aprt from the bacon and macdonalds) Use MInce on poratoes and with pasta

• Thanks everyone!

Well done BB. Its great knocking time off a previous route isn't it!?

Aaaaahhhhhh...it would appear I have aggravated both my Achilles tendons again (cant remember when I last did it but I remember the feeling of popping!) Think yesterday's hills..or my frantic mileage last week after being ill and running sod all, and then running T Wells has taken its toll..image Been wearing my ankle supports all day and icing my Achilles now, but it is inevitable I must rest imageimage (boo) but I don't want to (stroppy kid throwing tantrum and stomping feet)....I wanted to up my training this week too!! I'll give it 'til wed then try a gently run???

As for food...anything and everything!! lol

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Potatos!!!!

Lisa - Gentle run!!!!!

Whens your marathon BTW

• I love see food. I see it and want to eat it. I come for SA so I love my meat braai / barbecue for me. Also love my veg. Not much I don't like.

Had a nice run into work. Feeling better today 2.1 miles 18:32 min only 1 walk.

I find it strange I can do 10 miles under 30 minutes on a bike but can't run 1 mile with out a walk.
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Obviously got a bit of fitness then Brad - so I don't think it will be long before you are striding out the miles!!!!

For me? 7.78 miles done today - sort of turned into a tempo run - not sure why, but just kept going - Left home earlier than normal (just after 5 as I had not had a brilliant nights sleep so just got up and went)  and kept running - felt it by the end!!!!

Still three times a mile tomorrow!!!!! Should be fun!!!

• Hey folks! Not much running from me of late with leg issues and a bit of a cold. Out tonight with Mummysaurus though image

Great to see the thread bounding along! 

Lisa - get a rolling pin on your calves it will really help with the Achilles. Also get the achillies between a finger and thumb and give it a good massage as often as you can. It will help to break down the tissue a little and make everything smooth again image

Beachball - I was veggie for about 2 years but at the time I didnt really like veg ha ha ha! Now though I am a full on meat eater and love my veggies image The change for me happened when I kept making myself ill from not eating the right stuff so it was tablets or meat. I have toyed with different approaches to food for my running and that has led me to my current thing, no sugar, no grain. I need to get back to it as ive let it slip for a few weeks. I felt a subtle difference over the couple of weeks that I tried it and im curious to see what happens if I take it further

OK with the new subject of food, are we going with food we like or nutrition for running?

If its food we like then my new favourite has to be steak...rare! (sorry beachball) If we are going for veggies then it is a close split between tender stem broccoli or curly kale with lashings of butter on both! image

Nutrition? I think I will wait on an answer from everyone first image